North Texas Sponsored Tailgating

THOR

i've only been to the road game at smu and two bowl games so i'm not sure how the tailgating works that is sponsored by north texas. we aren't setting up anything for this weekends game but will be there early enough, i think. i saw where the nt tailgating area is but what will be there and do we pay for it or just bring the beer??? i'm a road warrior rookie...help me out!

i've only been to the road game at smu and two bowl games so i'm not sure how the tailgating works that is sponsored by north texas. we aren't setting up anything for this weekends game but will be there early enough, i think. i saw where the nt tailgating area is but what will be there and do we pay for it or just bring the beer??? i'm a road warrior rookie...help me out!

Mean Green Club Tailgate

North Texas vs. Louisiana - Monroe

11:30 a.m.

The Mean Green Club will host a tailgate prior to the Mean Greeen taking on the Louisiana - Monroe Warhawks. Click here for a map of the tailgating area. For gameday questions call Dan Johnston at 940-783-6534.

• Upvote 1

Mean Green Club Tailgate

North Texas vs. Louisiana - Monroe

11:30 a.m.

The Mean Green Club will host a tailgate prior to the Mean Greeen taking on the Louisiana - Monroe Warhawks. Click here for a map of the tailgating area. For gameday questions call Dan Johnston at 940-783-6534.

i got that email as well, but i was curious as to what would be there and if i need to bring anything

i got that email as well, but i was curious as to what would be there and if i need to bring anything

I went to the Rice game a few years ago and hung out at the NT tent. They sold food (hot dogs and chips) at the tent. President Gretchen (can't remember how to spell her last name) and RV both spoke. Pretty cool. I can't remember if they sold beer or not. I think we had to buy it somewhere else.

I wish we were going to Monroe. I keep thinking this is a trip I'll make one of these years. My son, who you met, and I have a campout this weekend. I'll have to follow the game on the iPhone.

Be safe.

I went to the Rice game a few years ago and hung out at the NT tent. They sold food (hot dogs and chips) at the tent. President Gretchen (can't remember how to spell her last name) and RV both spoke. Pretty cool. I can't remember if they sold beer or not. I think we had to buy it somewhere else.

There was beer, although you had to go to a different side of the tent to buy it (different vendor, I guess). The food was supposed to be Goode Co. BBQ, but Hurricane Ike had just hit, and the AD had to scramble for a replacement caterer. James Coney Island was a pretty good substitute.

Just wish the game had played out differently... :(