Mark Stoops Salary

ElToro6

Okay, I think the world of you, but you're starting to annoy me. Can you tell me why Canales has to work (and considering your tone, he would have to be wildly successful) for his chance to be considered? While all the other candidates are basically sitting on their past records.....which occured at programs with (compared to North Texas) vast resources.

I agree. The part I find so ironic, is that the posters that are annoyed with the alleged campaigning by the Canales camp are the same posters that turned this board into a sophmoric "yuck fest" last year and couldn't understand why many of the older posters had grown tired of it. Heck, I got banned a couple of times over it when the typical response I would receive was "Well, if you don't like our posts either don't read them or utilize the ignore button."

Those two options are still available to those that don't want to read posts from the "alleged Team Canales" posters.

• Upvote 2

I agree. The part I find so ironic, is that the posters that are annoyed with the alleged campaigning by the Canales camp are the same posters that turned this board into a sophmoric "yuck fest" last year and couldn't understand why many of the older posters had grown tired of it. Heck, I got banned a couple of times over it when the typical response I would receive was "Well, if you don't like our posts either don't read them or utilize the ignore button."

Those two options are still available to those that don't want to read posts from the "alleged Team Canales" posters.

Thank God you're here to take up the cross for your banning for the 800th time. I got banned, too. Congratulations -- we were idiots on the internet; we didn't support a cause or do anything noble. You threw a rather embarrassing hissy fit and I made a joke that crossed a line. Want to slap them on our resumes?

I also had no idea PMG, FFR and SUMG were such a big part of the yuck fest. There's two types of old people on the board: those offering new content and ideas and those choking on their own bitterness or grudges everyday. I've seen you move between both categories.

I hope you do again.

ONE EDIT: I like Canales as a candidate and hope he gets considered. SilverEagle is right, the people on this board aren't him and his results are what matters. The rest of this B.S. is just clouding things for both sides.

Edited by Quoner

We're obviously going to get a lot of guests, many with their own agenda in commenting, stopping by because of the ongoing coaching search. The SDSU (or is it SJSU? Sorry if I mixed it up) guy has been a great outside voice. He's obviously got his own perspective and thoughts, and he's been polite and respectful whenever he thinks we're way off base on our opinions. I hope he'll stick around for a while.

Yes, it's San DIEGO State. Not that I would expect any of you folks to be aware of it but I think San JOSE State's football program will be nonexistent within five years. Although I never attended SJSU, I'm originally from the Bay Area and still have business there a couple times a year and think the demise of a program which through one 4-year period in the late seventies had a winning record against the couple Pac-10 schools it played annually is a crying shame. However, the Spartans' shrinking fan base refuses to engage in the virtual march on the administration building that SDSU fans did two years ago in demanding that Chuck Long be replaced. Apathy will kill a moribund program and that is exactly what's happening at SJSU.

Thank you for the compliment. I've tried to be civil and emulate the various Ohio State posters who have come to our board the several times the Aztecs have played in Columbus. Total class all the way. That would be the polar opposite of half of the Tennessee fans who came to our board before we played them in the NCAAs this year. Lowlife bigoted crackers is the only way to describe them. (Vile jokes about our PG's last name, San Diego's Hispanic population, the couple black kids we have from the inner city of L.A., their Jewish head coach, etc. Just amazing. Intellectually, those guys are still living in the fifties Deep South apparently.) The Ohio State posters have left me with a very favorable impression of their school. The Tennessee fans just the opposite. I don't know how long I'll "stick around" but I would hope that once I leave you will regard me as more like the OSU guys than the trolls from Tennessee.

I think people have been saying the Spartans "will be dead in 5 years" for the last 15.

That could be true. However, things are a bit different now. First there was a respite when they broke the bank to hire Dick Tomey in 2005 and he rewarded them by winning their first bowl game in many years. However, the fans still didn't turn out much that year or the following season and Tomey either retired or was forced out a year ago depending on who you hear from. This year the Spartans drew only 14K for their arch rival Fresno State and my guess would be that at least 4K of those fans were from Fresno. They were able to get by with such terrible attendance in the past because the State of California wasn't broke so they got more revenue from that source and because the WAC had, and continues to have as I type but won't continue to have in the future, Boise St., Fresno St. and Nevada in their conference. The next ESPN deal therefore figures to be a bad one for the WAC.

...and maybe you just happen to relate every single one of your posts to the current head coaching search...

To be fair, almost every post on this board for the last couple weeks has related to the current head coaching search. Just saying...

Coach C will be considered for this job based on the performance on the field, which we can see, and his control/leadership of the locker room, which we can't. I'm along for the ride and willing to listen to all arguments for or against a specific candidate. That's part of the fun in a situation like we have here!!! No real need to have a conspiracy theory...I take that back...Those theories make this board that much more interesting.

By the way, was the contrail in CA really a smoke signal from RV for some west coast candidate? :ph34r:

Edited by jimmyjames_99