Is It Bad?

bstnsportsfan3

Is it bad when the side judge turns around and looks at the head coach expecting him to call a timeout and he doesn't? And then said head coach waits another 10 seconds or so to call a time out.

Same thing happened at Army. I was at the game, and when you see it in person you realize that it is most definitely due to incompetence. The coaches just look befuddled. I mean, I was screaming for them to call a frickin' timeout...and they did...15 seconds too late...:blink:

Edited by NCMeanGreen

I have not been to the last two games. I am done for 2011!

Now, that, for certain is bad. Team (players and coaches and RV, etc.) need our support now as the Mean green nation endures this very tough season of injuries and losses. I don't blame you are anyone for being frustrated, mad, disappointed, sick, etc., etc. I doubt nthere is any Mean Green fan happy with the way the season is going, but that does not mean that these players are giving up. I see no "give up" in the players, so I am not going to give up on them. I encourage all members of the Mean green Nation to stay behind this team, to come tailgate and come to the games...if for no other reason that you ARE a Mean green fan and you support the players in the efforts they are all making to fight through this season.

Please give it another thought...and all fans, please do not give up on these players. They haven't given up on you!

• Upvote 2

i actually got a chuckle out of the post game interview and those infamous words "another close loss."

George Dunham played the we were just six points away from two victories card in the postgame interview with Dodge. I know Dunham tries to be kind, but it's a loser's mentality. Making Dodge respond to that rationalization for failure is sad.

Edited by rcade

Now, that, for certain is bad. Team (players and coaches and RV, etc.) need our support now as the Mean green nation endures this very tough season of injuries and losses. I don't blame you are anyone for being frustrated, mad, disappointed, sick, etc., etc. I doubt nthere is any Mean Green fan happy with the way the season is going, but that does not mean that these players are giving up. I see no "give up" in the players, so I am not going to give up on them. I encourage all members of the Mean green Nation to stay behind this team, to come tailgate and come to the games...if for no other reason that you ARE a Mean green fan and you support the players in the efforts they are all making to fight through this season.

Please give it another thought...and all fans, please do not give up on these players. They haven't given up on you!

please do not give up on these players. They haven't given up on you

I hope not...many are on ships

You should support the team when they have a down year, but when losing becomes a way of life !!!!???? As someone posted not long ago, some students have never seen the MG win a game during their entire college experience at UNT...never!!!! These people are probably lost foever as supporters of unt football...this falls at the feet of RV....accepting this level of performance at North Texas and the more i think about it the more pissed I get ar RV for his management of the program, and I am a huge RV supporter, he has done wonders at UNT. The BIG pieces missing were the stadium and winning and support...well now we have a stadium, the support will come with winning (and a lot better marketing, especially concerning the culture at UNT), so now there is this winning thing...we are at a real turning poin at UNT with the new stadium on the PRO side of the sheet and losing (and the history of same) on the CON side of the sheet...I don't know !!! Our standards are just way too low and what we are willing to accept just way too high. I wonder if they are really thought this program at UNT through...I mean at the deep levels...chnaging the culture and all? the spirit and "oneness" of UNT?

I suggest you go to youtube and look up the fight songs of the major universities and see/hear the videos...then compare UNT and you will get a feeling of how much UNT is lacking! very sad.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But....I really often wonder what our record would be if we had few or NO injuries this season....

I really don't think it would be any different. The reason why we have the record we have this year is because of coaching, penalties, and not having a shut down drive or must score drives when you need it. The players are playing their ass off and they are so close but yet so far. If they were properly coached up by a legitimately good staff then I think our record would be a hell of a lot better than what it is now.

• Downvote 1

I really don't think it would be any different. The reason why we have the record we have this year is because of coaching, penalties, and not having a shut down drive or must score drives when you need it. The players are playing their ass off and they are so close but yet so far. If they were properly coached up by a legitimately good staff then I think our record would be a hell of a lot better than what it is now.

We lost to Rice at home this year while "healthy"... A game just about everyone here considered a flat out must win for a number of reasons.

The injuries have made this tougher, no doubt. Likewise, I'm not certain we win at FAU without them... suddenly, we actually ran the ball all day against the Owls - which we'd never done. Would the record be different w/o them? Maybe. Enough to save jobs or make a big impact in conference? Highly unlikely.

Did RV stare anyone down this time?

I don't know if he stared anyone down this time but towards the end of the game (we were in the endzone because our crazy 2 year old needed space to run) he was standing behind the endzone and he just hung his head down and shook it after we got the false start penalty. He looked just like I felt.

We may as well just rename our "wildcat" trick play the "False Start Formation", because I can't remember a time this season when we tried to send the QB out to a receiver position that we didn't false start or get a call for illegal motion or some other damn thing. But I do remember at least 5 or 6 times we tried to run it and got a pre-snap penalty.

Edited by TheTastyGreek
  • Upvote 1

We may as well just rename our "wildcat" trick play the "False Start Formation", because I can't remember a time this season when we tried to send the QB out to a receiver position that we didn't false start or get a call for illegal motion or some other damn thing. But I do remember at least 5 or 6 times we tried to run it and got a pre-snap penalty.

We ran the Wildcat with pretty good success against ULL.

We ran the Wildcat with pretty good success against ULL.

I mean the formation where the QB runs out to WR and 4 other people shuffle around. The one where we try to disguise how we're going to line up.

Against ULL, I remember us racking up penalties trying to execute that play, too.

• Downvote 1