The Green Texas Flag

drex

. There should be some structure near or in MGV that can be lit along with the tower, both can be lit by the Mean Green player of the game remotely. A new tradition.

Todd

Great idea Todd!! I can personally say it was partly my idea and my Talons pledge class project to light the tower back in 1975. So, I personally endorse this (for what that may be worth LOL!) How bout that!! Tying a traditions together!

Steve

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Tasty CBL CMJ chimes in again with complete and fullproof ignorance.

I must also add, watching you get all pissed off in the forum is pretty hilarious AND totally made my day!!!

I liked the idea of crossing everyone out as the list grows longer. So I fixed it for you.

• Upvote 1

So are you saying that because you felt your era did a poor job that it is ok for the current group to do a poor job also as long as they themselves CARE? I hope that isn't what your saying because if so, that is another pitiful excuse for the current group's performance.

Besides, it doesn't really matter what we Talon alumni think. It's what the university and the fans of the Mean Green that the current Talons serve thinks and as you can see it has been noticed by the outsiders that this current group isn't getting it done. Interestingly, when one certain group from the past wasn't getting it done with Scrappy(Eppy), the AD dept was forced to step in and took Scrappy away from the Talon reponsibilities and gave it to the cheerleaders instead. I'm certain that current group CARED about it, otherwise they wouldn't have come crying to me when it happened. But at the end of the day CARING and having feelings about a job being done poorly is still a job being done poorly.

I swear I'm starting to respect Craig Helwig more and more for that move with each and every passing season.

Rick

Rick, I wrote out a long ass Plumm like response, but I figured it can be summed up shortly in like 3 sentences.

You're a good guy - one of the best fans we have. I wish we had tens of thousands of people that cared as much about the Mean Green as you do. But your my way or the highway tenor (about this and several other NT related subjects) is the kind of thing that pushes people away rather than embraces them. There's that saying about honey draws more than vinegar - at times you'd be well inclined to follow it.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! CMJ chimes in again with complete and fullproof ignorance.

I must also add, watching you get all pissed off in the forum is pretty hilarious AND totally made my day!!!

I mean I know wikipedia isn't full proof but the Corps reads as a military organization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_A&M_University_Corps_of_Cadets

If you think see me get ticked off is hilarious how about visiting chat one late night. You'll probably double over in laughter. :D

Rick, I wrote out a long ass Plumm like response, but I figured it can be summed up shortly in like 3 sentences.

You're a good guy - one of the best fans we have. I wish we had tens of thousands of people that cared as much about the Mean Green as you do. But your my way or the highway tenor (about this and several other NT related subjects) is the kind of thing that pushes people away rather than embraces them. There's that saying about honey draws more than vinegar - at times you'd be well inclined to follow it.

this

• Upvote 3

I think its time for the "talons" to go.. seriously, they bring nothing to the games, the steal the good seats at all athletic events and they spend 90% of the game texting and gossiping with their friends..

bye bye talons

I disagree with the disbanding...but they need a leadership house-cleaning.

On the plus side, their pathetic nature is what helped bring about the formation of the Pit Crew.

I don't suppose it's occured to you that I and the Swartz' and several others have tried the touchy, feely(I'm so concerned for your feelings and will promise to tip toe around them) approach...FOR YEARS trying to get things corrected. However, as President Obama tells us on a DAILY basis, this is not about ME. I didn't start this thread nor did I mention first here that the job that the current Talon regime is responsible for is not getting done. Again, those who are outside of Talons are noticing this and here you are defending them? And as long as we have folks at the university that feels or cares about it as you do, and makes excuse after excuse for the failings of this organization as you have done here, then the problems will continue and never get corrected.

Again, it doesn't matter what kind of good guy/bad guy you or I or anyone else is around here, the fact of the matter is this is a service(to the University of North Texas) organization that the university currently funds to carry out certain specific responsiblities and duties, and currently the university isn't getting it's money's worth.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2

I'm not sure Rick...when did these years start exactly? You rarely showed your head when I was around I know that.

The school definitely isn't getting its money worth...that I can agree on. I have no clue what Talons can spend 10K a semester(or is it year?) on. We never spent that sorta cash - so I can't comprehend what they're dropping 10G's on. Hell, even if Talons was universally getting praise around here I'd be hard pressed what they're spend that kinda dough on!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not sure Rick...when did these years start exactly?

I'm not sure why your so concerned with the past? The past has nothing to do with the light tower not being lit after our win last Saturday, or the lack of the NT Battle Flag making an appearance at our home opener two Saturday's ago, or the condition I witnessed Boomer in prior to the Rice game, all during THIS YEAR.

Rick

• Upvote 3

Expanded meal plans. Capitalizing the "F" in FUPA.

(Shame on me. I accept your minuses and scorn.)

Look, I'm as much for getting meangreenbob to the top of the reputation standings as the next guy, but that's gotta get a +1...I mean...when I read what I've been "warned" for, the first thing mentioned involves Talons and muffintops.

• Downvote 2

We're one day out from our biggest conference home game in years, and...we're discussing this and conference realignment.

Can't wait for the summer to be over.

I ran out of +1's so I gave you a -1.

I just wanted to give you something for the best post in this whole thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Would the Wings or another group be a better organization to handle UNT "traditions"? The ball is being fumbled too much by Talons in recent years.

Could the Wings first learn to handle not waving their flags while on offense, buying designer jeans that aren't two sizes too small even if they zip below their guts and shutting up when players are hurt?

Let's start small.

Could the Wings first learn to handle not waving their flags while on offense, buying designer jeans that aren't two sizes too small even if they zip below their guts and shutting up when players are hurt?

Let's start small.

You're just angry that no one gave you a bid.

• Upvote 2

Would the Wings or another group be a better organization to handle UNT "traditions"? The ball is being fumbled too much by Talons in recent years.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Tasty CBL CMJ NT80 chimes in again with complete and fullproof ignorance.

The Talons don't touch the football during the game. How can they fumble it?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'm not sure why your so concerned with the past? The past has nothing to do with the light tower not being lit after our win last Saturday, or the lack of the NT Battle Flag making an appearance at our home opener two Saturday's ago, or the condition I witnessed Boomer in prior to the Rice game, all during THIS YEAR.

Rick

I didn't bring what you did in the past, you were. I'm also not saying you're wrong, simply that between '96-01 you were scarce. Starting in 2002 you mighta been alumnus of the century (I know you built the new carriage which was really well done) - I was just asking a question.

Again, problems come up with this sorta junk. Did Talons drop the ball? Any one of these I can give a pass on, but all 3 together makes one ask questions, no doubt. I wouldn't deny that. I also understand their were problems at times when I was around, and I'm sure when you were too, even if you might have forgotten (as we get further away from college, things seem to have been better when we were there!).

Just like when folks slam the Green Brigade, or the Frats, the Wings, the Gay and Lesbian Homecoming nominees, or whatever other group we like to run into the ground around here (because it's what GMG does BEST!)-- someone who is/was a member/concerned citizen/alumni is gonna provide a defense.

And I just want to say I think UNTFive&Dime had the best reply of the whole freaking thread.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 4