Does Neatness Count ?

greenjoe

I've only seen 2 North texas games this season. I missed Clemson. But in both the Rice and the Army games, I noticed that many NT players came out of the "tunnell" with jerseys (shirt tails) hanging out.

Many of you are going to say here, "I don't care what they look like if they win." and that's a valid point. But I can't help but wonder if what I consider to be a sloppy look, transends to a casual attitude, that creates a less that intense attitude on the field.

"You dress up for important events." "When you look good, you do (play) good." "Women go crazy for a sharp dressed man."

In all the mock ups of new unforms, both ours and samples of other teams, I've never seen the model wearing their shirt tail out. The NFL requires a tucked in jersey. I know, I know, we're not the NFL.

All my football watching life I've seen players come onto the field, jerseys in, and while lining up for opening kick off, pulling their jerseys out. But I've never seen wholesale players coming out of the lockerroom looking sloppy.

For a whhile, there was a time when jerseys were "shimmels". Too short to tuck in, but short enough to appear tucked. I don't see that anymore.

Does it matter ? Would NT be 3-0 with shirts tucked in ? Probably not.

No more injuries.

GO MAN GREEN

For a whhile, there was a time when jerseys were "shimmels". Too short to tuck in, but short enough to appear tucked. I don't see that anymore.

One of my most traumatic childhood memories is that of watching the wooly manliness that was Doug Flutie's midriff scurrying around the Orange Bowl. Please do not bring a return of this jersey style and subject me to such things again.

• Upvote 2