Besides Mean Green Football--What Other Events Would

PlummMeanGreen

Denton will be able to get just about any concert it wants at the new stadium if they do it right. If I am the person in charge of that stuff, I contact all the major labels and whenever there are big artists coming to town that having one in Denton on top of Dallas/Fort Worth will be beneficial. You can have HS football tournaments where you include other states...they have a way of getting airtime on ESPNU.

I would like to see a concert series, with some mid-level headliner bands for the kids to stay at the game past halftime. This was discussed previsouly. But it would be great to boost attendance and attract young UNT-TWU students and Denton hippies to Mean Green Football.

I beleive MTSU or Troy had concerts after each game and they boosted attendance.

The Suites could be rented out for more, students could seat on the grass, and the concessions would continue to make money.

Pearl Jam jammed at the Super Pit in, what, 93' or 94'?? Anyway, I missed that concert...but that would be AWESOME if they jammed at the new stadium to open it up!

Seems like there are a lot of good choices...even if they are not a Pearl Jam. What about Faktion?

A reanactment of some Commanche battle against the white eyes.

ok PMG, I am baiting you for a story.

"Long ago and far away in a frontier galaxy called Texas..." :rolleyes:

OK, pal, great to have seen you at venerable ol' Fouts Field for Rice game. Next beer on me (well, not really "on me" but you get the drift)...

As I close in on 60, I know I am getting worse, redundant (all over again) and probably even more boring, but hey we all have our quirks who make us who we are, right? :) I like the Mean Green Nation folks, don't agree with many as they don't with me, but I like em' all still the same and don't get my undies in a wad if I get insulted from any of them from time to time. Those who withdraw from anyone, ie, a fellow alum who actually has different opinions from their own may want to seriously consider taking a short vacation from all this would be my advise.

Yet, ee, I'll tell you one blood-curdling story about Commanche/Kiowas passed down from my family next time I see you in person, OK?

GMG!

PS: SINCE YOU MENTIONED IT, THOUGH..... that old movie with Paul Newman playing Buffalo Bill and his traveling western show comes to mind. SUMG would probably say he would like to see the scene (with a little revisionist history) whereas the Commanches' get hold of my great-great grandfather which makes me not be here and would make it where he wouldn't have to listen to my diatribes. :o

:whip: Of course, all you on this board should realize it was SUMG who introduced me to GMG.com and even let me post my first post from his own computer when he lived in Denton umpteen years ago. (AND.....you all should not let him ever forget that, either)! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

"Long ago and far away in a frontier galaxy called Texas..." :rolleyes:

OK, pal, great to have seen you at venerable ol' Fouts Field for Rice game. Next beer on me (well, not really "on me" but you get the drift)...

As I close in on 60, I know I am getting worse, redundant (all over again) and probably even more boring, but hey we all have our quirks who make us who we are, right? :) I like the Mean Green Nation folks, don't agree with many as they don't with me, but I like em' all still the same and don't get my undies in a wad if I get insulted from any of them from time to time. Those who withdraw from anyone, ie, a fellow alum who actually has different opinions from their own may want to seriously consider taking a short vacation from all this would be my advise.

Yet, ee, I'll tell you one blood-curdling story about Commanche/Kiowas passed down from my family next time I see you in person, OK?

GMG!

PS: SINCE YOU MENTIONED IT, THOUGH..... that old movie with Paul Newman playing Buffalo Bill and his traveling western show comes to mind. SUMG would probably say he would like to see the scene (with a little revisionist history) whereas the Commanches' get hold of my great-great grandfather which makes me not be here and would make it where he wouldn't have to listen to my diatribes. :o

:whip: Of course, all you on this board should realize it was SUMG who introduced me to GMG.com and even let me post my first post from his own computer when he lived in Denton umpteen years ago. (AND.....you all should not let him ever forget that, either)! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

GMG!

ok PMG I will hold you to it under one condition: you buy the first i buy the second. If at the end of the first quarter things don't look so good you buy the third and I the fourth. If things still don't look so good after the second you the fifth and I the sixth. By the end of the game if we see someone's ugly sister I will arm wrestle you for her....your 59 year old Indian body against my "11.4 in the hundred" 61 year old body.

Which reminds me of a quote from Sir Winston Churchill after taking an insult from some obese woman at a party. Churchill remarked....Madame, tonight I may be drunk but tomorrow I will be sober ... tomorrow you will still be fat and ugly......