Redshirting

You do understand that you don't have to declare the redshirt right now, right?

Yes, he can be your number 2, ready to go if Tune gets hurt, and still not play all season if Tune remains healthy. Mop up miunutes does zero, nada, nil, zilch to prepare any QB for real game action. That's why they call them mop up minutes.

But I guess Troy Phillips, Bret Vito, and myself are total idiots for wondering about the odd circumstances in which this shirt was burned.

In the group-think that ensued after the questioning of this decision (group-think seems to be a big theme of this board lately), you guys missed the main point, which is I don't think this happens unless there are plans to play Thompson more as the year goes on.

Thompson was the backup going into the game, therefore the logical choice to replace Tune. There is no quarentee that Thompson ,or any player,would return for a fifth season.

So, UNT90, would you propose throwing Baine in for mop up duty in some of these games and sit Thompson? If so, what do you propose Dodge do if Tune were to get hurt and Thompson only has one series against Arkansas State from last year to fall back on for experience?

Oh...and over-hand is the only way. You just have to give it a little slap on the top and you get all the TP you need.

Spoken by a person who may have never had a 16 month old toddler in the house. I had never understood why women put the TP roll on to roll towards the back and had griped on and on to the wife about it for years. Until one day I see the F5 when he was about a year and half old giving it hell, slapping that thing like his life depended on it. In a matter of 5 seconds, before I could even say a word, he had the entire roll in a pile on the floor. And with a disgusted look, the wife just looked at me and asked, "any more questions genius?".

So with that, I suppose women in general naturally plan for the times they have kids in the house, I don't know. But it would seem that way.

Has there ever been an offensive coordinator that NEVER played his back up QB every chance he got? After all, as a Mean Green fan I have been traveling to the body bag games for 25 years and have been pretty used to seeing the opponents back up in the 4th quarter on a regular basis. <_<

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Spoken by a person who may have never had a 16 month old toddler in the house. I had never understood why women put the TP roll on to roll towards the back and had griped on and on to the wife about it for years. Until one day I see the F5 when he was about a year and half old giving it hell, slapping that thing like his life depended on it. In a matter of 5 seconds, before I could even say a word, he had the entire roll in a pile on the floor. And with a disgusted look, the wife just looked at me and asked, "any more questions genius?".

So with that, I suppose women in general naturally plan for the times they have kids in the house, I don't know. But it would seem that way.

Has there ever been an offensive coordinator that NEVER played his back up QB every chance he got? After all, as a Mean Green fan I have been traveling to the body bag games for 25 years and have been pretty used to seeing the opponents back up in the 4th quarter on a regular basis. <_<

Rick

You could just hit the kid for each time he hit the TP roll. That should teach him and you could still enjoy your TP in the way God intended.

• Upvote 1

You could just hit the kid for each time he hit the TP roll. That should teach him and you could still enjoy your TP in the way God intended.

And if the Mrs. says anything, give her a little dose of that same medicine.

For the younger members of the forum... If you're looking for Mrs. Right (or, let's all be honest, Mrs. Likely-to-stay-hot-enough-and-also-good-at-cooking-and-ironing-and-knows-to-shut-up-when-something-good-is-on-TV), you need to find out the answer to the two most important questions for a strong, long term relationship:

1) Can she take a punch?

2) Can she keep a secret?

If the answer to both questions is yes, you'll be able to work through any of the inevitable problems or disagreements that pop up in every relationship.

If not, there may be trouble on the horizon. If she's got a glass jaw, then you'll inevitably have emergency room people asking how she fell down stairs in your one story house. And if she can't keep a secret... Well, that's just not a good situation at all.

the-more-you-know.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

And if the Mrs. says anything, give her a little dose of that same medicine.

For the younger members of the forum... If you're looking for Mrs. Right (or, let's all be honest, Mrs. Likely-to-stay-hot-enough-and-also-good-at-cooking-and-ironing-and-knows-to-shut-up-when-something-good-is-on-TV), you need to find out the answer to the two most important questions for a strong, long term relationship:

1) Can she take a punch?

2) Can she keep a secret?

If the answer to both questions is yes, you'll be able to work through any of the inevitable problems or disagreements that pop up in every relationship.

If not, there may be trouble on the horizon. If she's got a glass jaw, then you'll inevitably have emergency room people asking how she fell down stairs in your one story house. And if she can't keep a secret... Well, that's just not a good situation at all.

the-more-you-know.jpg

Kudos...btw.

So you are saying that Orr, Bellazin, and Byrd play Quarterback, the most important position on the team, and they were put in to play just the last 1:30 of a game that was already decided? And Coach Dodge has already said that the starters (not them) for their positions will remain the starter for the entire year? And there is little depth at the positions that they do indeed play?

Trying to compare any other position to the QB position is asinine.

Adman, I prefer to use the port-a-potties for that particular task. Usually around 4pm when they are soooo nice and clean. But, maybe after an afternoon of tailgating, I can be convinced to leave a nice little present in there for you.

Done on this subject.

Are you and Playmaker related? Oh wait, don't answer that...