New Replica Jerseys

MGFFL

I have posted this a couple times before but will again. UA produces the blank football jersey. Another company decorates the jersey ie adds numbers, names and logos (yes, prob also owned by the same). All orders for football jerseys are place by the end of Feb. The company selling the decorated jersey will produce no less than orders totalling about 300 jerseys. The sales rep told me he could only pre-sell a few dozen jerseys to all the NT outlets. That represents about $10,000 in wholesale orders. I asked if I could place an order for the minimum they would produce and in return have an exclusive for the jerseys...I was told no. In reality I would pay a large amount to have the jerseys produced and then the rep would also sell to the bookstores allowing them to buy as few as a dozen. I only sell online and before home football games and until there are enough UNT sales to warrant opening a spirit shop or enough retailers carryng NT stuff thats the way it will stay. The University, CLC, UA any everyone else that usually gets the blame for this has nothing to do with it. It all boils down to George Washington and the fans letting him go.

Hope this clears up some confusion, Todd

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have posted this a couple times before but will again. UA produces the blank football jersey. Another company decorates the jersey ie adds numbers, names and logos (yes, prob also owned by the same). All orders for football jerseys are place by the end of Feb. The company selling the decorated jersey will produce no less than orders totalling about 300 jerseys. The sales rep told me he could only pre-sell a few dozen jerseys to all the NT outlets. That represents about $10,000 in wholesale orders. I asked if I could place an order for the minimum they would produce and in return have an exclusive for the jerseys...I was told no. In reality I would pay a large amount to have the jerseys produced and then the rep would also sell to the bookstores allowing them to buy as few as a dozen. I only sell online and before home football games and until there are enough UNT sales to warrant opening a spirit shop or enough retailers carryng NT stuff thats the way it will stay. The University, CLC, UA any everyone else that usually gets the blame for this has nothing to do with it. It all boils down to George Washington and the fans letting him go.

I really appreciate this explaination as for too long "others" were getting the blame and being accused of not wanting to do anything to help with this situation. It may have been something else some years ago, but today it seems it is all about the George Washingtons as you say. So, it looks like a chicken or the egg deal...no jearseys until people in larger numbers pony up the bucks, but no one can pony up the bucks until they have something to buy. Now, how do we break this dealock? Will it break when the Spirit Shop opens in the new stadium???? Who knows.

By the way, Todd...love your stuff. We have purchased several items (mainly at the games), and will continue to do so. Appreciate your support and the great stuff you carry (and the competitive pricing)!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Maybe we would spend it if the item was offered. We are offered a sub standard product that isn't accurate to our actual jersey and asked to spend the same amount of money as someone getting an accurate replica at the University of Delaware bookstore. That is what frustrates me. I have pride in this University and when I'm offered something I'm supposed to walk around wearing to show that pride that has been compare to something from Walmart you are right I'm going to hold on to my George Washingtons. The University of Delaware is able to do it there is no reason we can't, after all we are THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS!

Edited by MGFFL
  • Upvote 1

If i am going to get a unt jersey, i am going to get the real thing. I will not spend money on a UNT jersey that isn't really a UNT jersey.

I know myself and many others that would love to get a jersey but there is no way in hell we are going to buy the current sorry excuse for a jersey.

Don't forget there is quite a few definitions of "real" jerseys out there. A few years ago quite a few people bought the "real" jerseys and found out they fit quite a bit different than most people thought.

We brought the jersey thing up to Rick V. during a podcastt a month back.

I'd be willing to bet that next year you wil see something closer to what you are looking for....

Gmg

Don't forget there is quite a few definitions of "real" jerseys out there. A few years ago quite a few people bought the "real" jerseys and found out they fit quite a bit different than most people thought.

We brought the jersey thing up to Rick V. during a podcastt a month back.

I'd be willing to bet that next year you wil see something closer to what you are looking for....

Gmg

I'm just talking about a replica not game jersey the replicas we are offered aren't even accurate, the numbers aren't even in the right place. RV also told us to think big, that we aren't little old North Texas settling for a plain green jersey with inaccuracies is not thinking big. It can't be impossible and it can't be just our spending. Do a search Nike makes accurate replicas for Montana and Nevada are their fan bases more willing to spend money than us? Do they have a larger national following than us? I don't buy it.