Upset Alert

CMJ

I got to see this Cornell team in person when they played at Yale. Best shooting team I've seen in a long time.

I know Cornell was a trendy pick in this one, but I saw Temple a few times this year and thought they were very good. Cornell is blowing them our tight now...I'm stunned.

Nova just couldnt get away with letting a lower seed hang with them two games in a row. Nice win for St Mary's

And that's a $1.9 Million budget basketball program downing a $6 Million program. Nice win.

It just stuns me when I see these poorer budgeted programs getting it done, Cornell being the most amazing to me, considering they only spend a paltry $925,269 on their men's basketball team.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Northern Iowa scaring Kansas.....

BTW - of the 3 teams in the Sweet 16 so far, two are from the Non power leagues. Hooray for the little guy. :) Sure one can say that it's possible to build a power in a smaller league(which is true...see Gonzaga), but the last school to win a National title in one of the "smaller" leagues was UNLV in 1990.

Edited by CMJ

Wow--I think that one was just the hugest. If your bracket wasn't blown before, it's blown now.

And that would be a $1.5 Million program defeating an $8.2 Million program.

Interestingly, they didn't have a single non-D 1A program on their regular schedule and had non conference wins over Iowa State, Iowa, East Carolina, Siena, Boston College, Wyoming and Old Dominion.

Awesome!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1