Frisco To Host Fcs Championship Game

NT80

January 7th, 2011. Good day to see a Championship game no matter whose playing. Not sure where everyone is going to park though????

It will be interesting to see what time kickoff is scheduled for in Frisco. That is a Friday (Jan. 7) and there will be the usual heavy rush hour traffic. In addition, the Cotton Bowl game will be that same night at 7pm in Arlington. :o

Edited by NT80

January 7th, 2011. Good day to see a Championship game no matter whose playing. Not sure where everyone is going to park though????

Saw the Kenny Chesney concert last summer there in a packed house and the parking was fine, but the exit off the freeway to get to the parking was a a freakin nightmare. They don't have that system figured out at all just yet.

RIck

• Upvote 1

Assuming there is not a Texas team in the game, all 3,500 attendees should have no problem finding spaces. If a Texas team is in it, maybe the 9,000 spectators can carpool.

I bet this game has a decent draw. You are talking about a good destination area, post holiday drama, your team in the title game, I think there will be a good contingent. Ease of access into the NT region plays a understated advantage.

GMG

Pizza Hut park is a nice facility, designed by none other than HKS Architects firm out of Dallas. It seats 20K, has nice wide concourses, good concession set up, large restrooms, and there's not a bad seat in the place. I've seen many events there (concerts, games, etc) and always enjoy the experience. I do live about 1 mile from there and know how to navigate the area, but all in all it's a good venue. The parking is somewhat troublesome if your're not familar with the area and backroads, but just get there early and bring a case of beer. Good for the FCS to get out of Chatanooga and get in a larger media market. So the FCS Championship and Super Bowl in the same year (within a month). Not bad...