Unt Interview - Former Colorado State Oc ?

MeanGreen61

Read the top line--

La Tech- Sonny Dykes talked with NT RB's Coach Shelton Gandy about the RB's job at La Tech!

Crap!

I am not sure, but I think Gandy applied for the HFC job at Sam Houston.

Is Coach Gandy wanting to leave NT or advance his career?

Coach Gandy states he will stay at NT!

Great!!

Edited by charlie nt73

Read the top line--

La Tech- Sonny Dykes talked with NT RB's Coach Shelton Gandy about the RB's job at La Tech!

Crap!

I am not sure, but I think Gandy applied for the HFC job at Sam Houston.

Missed it, but here's the rest of the story

LA Tech: We hear Sonny Dykes talked with North Texas running backs coach Shelton Gandy about the running backs job at LA Tech, but our sources tell us Gandy plans to stay at North Texas.

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This would be yet another Fantastic hire!

His resume is very impressive:

Greg Peterson

Looks promising - I like the fact that he was responsible for recruiting at least half of DFW (west of I-35) and Oklahoma. Without looking it up, I seem to recall several CSU signees from DFW the last couple of years. And, his experience as OC and recruiting coordinator certainly don't count against him.

Read the top line--

Coach Gandy states he will stay at NT!

Great!!

If you listen to Podcast #65 from Evan & Harry (by the way, nice job guys) you'll hear Rick Villareal mention that coach/coaches in the NT football ranks have been contacted about other opportunities and are electing to stay at NT.

• Upvote 1

Looks promising - I like the fact that he was responsible for recruiting at least half of DFW (west of I-35) and Oklahoma. Without looking it up, I seem to recall several CSU signees from DFW the last couple of years. And, his experience as OC and recruiting coordinator certainly don't count against him.

From his BIO

Among Peterson's former players are nine All-American wide receivers, one All-American running back and eight Biletnikoff Award candidates.

A former wide receiver at Nebraska Wesleyan, played for the USFL's Houston Gamblers in 1985.

From his BIO

Among Peterson's former players are nine All-American wide receivers, one All-American running back and eight Biletnikoff Award candidates.

A former wide receiver at Nebraska Wesleyan, played for the USFL's Houston Gamblers in 1985.

Did quality time under Snyder at K State, and played for the Gamblers. Works for me. I was a big Gamblers fan. Was sad to see them go.

Interesting: If Greg Peterson is hired NT will have a (Greg) Peterson and a (Chuck) Petersen. Each have been Offensive Coordinators and both has coached wide receivers.???

Chuck Petersen recruits Oklahoma like Greg Peterson does...Chuck also recruits Arkansas. Not sure of what other areas Chuck recruits.

Interesting: If Greg Peterson is hired NT will have a (Greg) Peterson and a (Chuck) Petersen. Each have been Offensive Coordinators and both has coached wide receivers.???

Chuck Petersen recruits Oklahoma like Greg Peterson does...Chuck also recruits Arkansas. Not sure of what other areas Chuck recruits.

Do they both use Rivals or does one use Phil Steele and the other use Max Emfinger?? ;):D

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Oh, that pisses me off! That pisses me right off! I hate when women do that. She wanted to see you again! And now no? Now... Wait a minute! Wait! She must have meant ten o' clock at night!

Do you think? I just figured she wanted to meet at a bar at 10AM because she was a raging alcoholic.

He said decision, not announcement.

That is true, but Vito's blog title said "UNT to name wide receivers coach tomorrow." That implies an announcement. Oh well, as long as we have someone in place by the time spring practice starts, I guess there's really no urgency. I still don't know exactly when spring practice is scheduled to start and can find nothing on the official website about it. I saw that Texas started on Friday and got plenty of local (DFW) news coverage about it.

• Upvote 1