For Mo Green And Others............

calvin

Those teams were pretty much all NAIA teams back then. The NAIA produced some very good programs in those days, and quite a few of them were competitive with upper level NCAA programs. Most of the Southland, Lone Star, and SWAC teams (among others) were NAIA before they hooked up with the NCAA. It wasn't so much a cut and dried "power conference" world just a few short decades ago.

Midwestern State was also NAIA for a long time under coach Gerald Stockton , those guys could have competed with anyone in the country

I think the difference now a days is that all that Texas talent that use to stay in state is leaving for other opportunities. Everyone's recruiting budget is up and has expanded

I think i would rather have a team that wins 20 games a year and has a chance to win the conference every year than a team like Drake or Kent St, where they have a great year and go to the NCAA's and then going back to winning 12 or 14 games.

Bad example. kent State has been to the NCAA 4 times in the past ten seasons and to the NIT 4 times in the same period. In total since 1985 Kent State has been in the post season 12 times.

By national standards we are consistently mediocre. Are you arguing that consistently mediocre is the standard we desire?

• Upvote 1