Dixie Chick at UNT

Marty

In a recent article I read about the Dixie Chicks there was a mention of Emily meeting a guitar player in a music class at North Texas. I had never heard of any of the girls attending UNT but it would seem logical since Emily and Martie are from Dallas. Anyone else know if they actually attended classes here? If so, more greatness from UNT!

Marty, I believe an SMU'er on www.ponyfans.com said "Martie" attended SMU but quit school to go out & make some money! (Much like UNT College of Music Jazz major and recent 5 X's Grammy nominated Norah Jones--WOW! What a looker this raven haired beauty is)! rolleyes.gif

I don't know where the other 2 Dixie Chicks attended college, BUT wasn't their Super Bowl singing of the "The Star Spangled Banner" one of the best arrangements of that song and their singing of it you've ever heard? It sure as heck was for me!

I really liked it because they didn't use it to show off thier range, they sang the song like it should be sung and harmonized nicely.

Emily is married to Texas music great Charlie Robison, and I'm sure JayDub could tell us if they met here, or if this is a previous husband/boyfriend.

Emily is also the best looking one in my opnion.

Emily IS the hottie....Martie is too....wink.gif

To the best of my knowledge Emily and Charlie first met at a Chicks' show at Gruene Hall (those were the days...haha) through Charlie's brother Bruce (who wrote the Chicks' current hit Travelin' Soldier). They were re-introduced later in Nashville and within 2 months they were engaged.

Interesting fact....Martie wrote "Cowboy Take Me Away" for Charlie and Emily, but Charlie once joked that it should have been called, "Loser, Leave My Sister Alone"...

I'm not entirely sure if either have a connection to UNT...though Charlie played college football SOMEWHERE....I'll ask around in the circles and find out.

This has been your Texas Music Tidbit for today....

Click

Please don't post large pictures... We don't have the bandwidth for that to start up rolleyes.gif

--- The Mgmt

Located the article, it says that Martie met guitarist Matt Benjamin at a music class "in" North Texas. My mistake, I thought it said "at" North Texas. I would rank them:

1. Martie

2. Emily

3. Natalie (sometimes she looks really cute, sometimes not. Don't know what it is about her!)

I recently saw the story of the Dixie Chicks on CMT and now I'm hooked on these young ladies. The main reason is because they started their careers playing and singing bluegrass, and still play their own instruments on stage.

I'm not sure who's who among the three, but two are sisters, right? The latest addition to the group, the blonde lead singer, is a Texas Tech gal.

Yeah the Dixie Chicks are cool, and not just cause they are good looking. They can actuallly sing and play their instruments. I went to one of their concerts, and I can honestly say I dont think most people were there to just stare at them.....their music is great!! I know most of yall consider Natalie(the lead singer) to be the least good looking, but I will tell ya'll she is best performer. She rocked that concert!