No, this guy is either uninformed or intentionally misleading. CBS, being way left of middle America, very reluctantly agreed to take the Tebow ad, and has been begging liberal and pro-abortion groups to run some kind of ad to counter it. But this "mancrunch.com" ad was way over the line. No network, probably not even Fox, is going to air that kind of trash during the Super Bowl. CBS learned a lesson in that vein the hard way. And in all likelihood, mancrush knew CBS would not take their ad. But they get all kinds of free publicity anyway, without having to pay the $2 million per slot, or however much it is now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

No, this guy is either uninformed or intentionally misleading. CBS, being way left of middle America, very reluctantly agreed to take the Tebow ad, and has been begging liberal and pro-abortion groups to run some kind of ad to counter it. But this "mancrunch.com" ad was way over the line. No network, probably not even Fox, is going to air that kind of trash during the Super Bowl. CBS learned a lesson in that vein the hard way. And in all likelihood, mancrush knew CBS would not take their ad. But they get all kinds of free publicity anyway, without having to pay the $2 million per slot, or however much it is now.

Ya know, no where near enough people are pro-abortion these days. I bet it'd cut down on the hyperbolic health care discussions.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Come on, don't be afraid of the L word. Be loud, be proud!

Progressive=New Liberal?smile.gif

I think there are differences on the left just like the right. I am not a staunch liberal in every area. Don't really have the time or interest in breaking that down right now. But I do care about civil liberties. So I prefer the term progressive.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I think there are differences on the left just like the right. I am not a staunch liberal in every area. Don't really have the time or interest in breaking that down right now. But I do care about civil liberties. So I prefer the term progressive.

I prefer the term ultra right wing conservative. Notice you don't see the term republican anywhere in the previous sentence.

Be loud, Be proud!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But I do care about civil liberties. So I prefer the term progressive.

And people on the right don't? I submit that the right cares more about civil liberties than the left.

Freedom of Speech - the left wants to impose the "Fairness Doctrine" which would require radio station owners to devote equal time to right-wing and left-wing talk shows. That's a violation of freedom of speech.

Freedom of Press - The left wing dominates TV, newspaper, magazine, and on-line news outlets. But when Fox started to take viewers away from the ABC/CBS/NBC/MSNBC/CNN networks, the left demanded that something be done to kill the Fox news network.

Freedom of Religion - the ACLU defends the rights of non-Christian expression in schools and public places, but will take on every case to crush a student's or teacher's expression of their Christian faith. I'm not talking about teaching religion, I'm talking about the simple things like wearing a cross or carrying a bible or the Boy Scouts holding meeting at a public school in the evenings.

The right to keep and bear arms - need we even discuss?

States rights - the right wants smaller federal government and the power of states rights restored. The left believe in a powerful central government, in violation of the 9th and 10th amendments.

It's not like the right wing oppose fair trials or 4th amendment protections or any other rights enumerated by the Constitution. The left, on the other hand, oppose several of these rights as I have outlined above. So how can you say you are "progressive" because you support civil liberties? If you truly supported all of the civil liberties guaranteed by our Constitution, you'd be a conservative!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

And people on the right don't? I submit that the right cares more about civil liberties than the left.

Freedom of Speech - the left wants to impose the "Fairness Doctrine" which would require radio station owners to devote equal time to right-wing and left-wing talk shows. That's a violation of freedom of speech.

Freedom of Press - The left wing dominates TV, newspaper, magazine, and on-line news outlets. But when Fox started to take viewers away from the ABC/CBS/NBC/MSNBC/CNN networks, the left demanded that something be done to kill the Fox news network.

Freedom of Religion - the ACLU defends the rights of non-Christian expression in schools and public places, but will take on every case to crush a student's or teacher's expression of their Christian faith. I'm not talking about teaching religion, I'm talking about the simple things like wearing a cross or carrying a bible or the Boy Scouts holding meeting at a public school in the evenings.

The right to keep and bear arms - need we even discuss?

States rights - the right wants smaller federal government and the power of states rights restored. The left believe in a powerful central government, in violation of the 9th and 10th amendments.

It's not like the right wing oppose fair trials or 4th amendment protections or any other rights enumerated by the Constitution. The left, on the other hand, oppose several of these rights as I have outlined above. So how can you say you are "progressive" because you support civil liberties? If you truly supported all of the civil liberties guaranteed by our Constitution, you'd be a conservative!

Wow!! You have completely changed my mind about everything in this country. When is the next Tea bag get together?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Childish name calling.

Besides, don't most real life tea baggers consider themselves "progressive"?

I think you are somewhat correct here, but they can't seem to get on the same page at the moment. This weekend's convention was proof of that. A gathering of roughly 600 so called Tea partiers got together to listen to a moron cheerlead. While the common folk who are at the heart of the grass roots movement are excluded. Most don't want a 'face' for the party, while others want to fall in line with traditional political practices. An interesting phenomenon going on there.

Although I do truly believe that if Obama were a white dude then there would not be a Tea Party, or they would not have the same level of support. I can't help but view this group as one that has a problem with a black guy as a leader. The country was extremely screwed before he was in office. Now all of a sudden this group wants to 'take back our country'. I am not buying it. Some, not all, of these people are a bit racist in my opinion.

Edited by Green Guy Bass
  • Upvote 2

I think you are somewhat correct here, but they can't seem to get on the same page at the moment. This weekend's convention was proof of that. A gathering of roughly 600 so called Tea partiers got together to listen to a moron cheerlead. While the common folk who are at the heart of the grass roots movement are excluded. Most don't want a 'face' for the party, while others want to fall in line with traditional political practices. An interesting phenomenon going on there.

Although I do truly believe that if Obama were a white dude then there would not be a Tea Party, or they would not have the same level of support. I can't help but view this group as one that has a problem with a black guy as a leader. The country was extremely screwed before he was in office. Now all of a sudden this group wants to 'take back our country'. I am not buying it. Some, not all, of these people are a bit racist in my opinion.

OR...

Could it be that Americans voted for change in the midst of a financial crisis, falsly believing that the new guy (whatever color he may be) would bring financial order to the US, only to find out that they had elected a political ideolog who wants to triple or quadruple the spending problems that was a partial cause of this economic meltdown?

Funny how it's always the "progressives" that point to Pres. Obama's race.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

That is truly offensive. You are labeling an entire group of people as racist because they oppose the policies of a black president, even though they are comprised of people from all races and political persuasion. It's playing the race card to the extreme.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

OR...

Could it be that Americans voted for change in the midst of a financial crisis, falsly believing that the new guy (whatever color he may be) would bring financial order to the US, only to find out that they had elected a political ideolog who wants to triple or quadruple the spending problems that was a partial cause of this economic meltdown?

Funny how it's always the "progressives" that point to Pres. Obama's race.

Don't act like him being black has nothing to do with the Tea Party's movement. I am all for a group of individuals wanting to be heard for what they feel is right and needs to be corrected, but to use an ironic pun....let's call a spade a spade here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

That is truly offensive. You are labeling an entire group of people as racist because they oppose the policies of a black president, even though they are comprised of people from all races and political persuasion. It's playing the race card to the extreme.

Lets get a head count on the number of black people in the crowd last night.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Lets get a head count on the number of black people in the crowd last night.

Why bother. They would just be "Uncle Tom's" to you, right? After all, black conservatives are just people that have turned their back on their on race, right?

Here is my point. If Alan Keyes were President, there would not be a need for a tea party, because Mr. Keyes is extremely fiscally conservative. Oh, he happens to be black, also.

Yes, I know you think he is crazy, but you should realize that there are plenty of people as far to the right as you are to the left who feel the same way about Pres. Obama. Not because of his color, but because of his policies.

Are you prejudice because you think Alan Keyes is crazy?? Maybe the black conservative thinks that you are?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why bother. They would just be "Uncle Tom's" to you, right? After all, black conservatives are just people that have turned their back on their on race, right?

Here is my point. If Alan Keyes were President, there would not be a need for a tea party, because Mr. Keyes is extremely fiscally conservative. Oh, he happens to be black, also.

Yes, I know you think he is crazy, but you should realize that there are plenty of people as far to the right as you are to the left who feel the same way about Pres. Obama. Not because of his color, but because of his policies.

Are you prejudice because you think Alan Keyes is crazy?? Maybe the black conservative thinks that you are?

Never said one thing negative about Alan Keyes here. Is he a Tea-bagger? Also, don't go painting me with a brush that I think black conservatives are 'Uncle Tom's' that is complete and utter bullshit. Also, Alan Keyes was too smart to try and become president ten or so years ago.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

http://

Never said one thing negative about Alan Keyes here. Is he a Tea-bagger? Also, don't go painting me with a brush that I think black conservatives are 'Uncle Tom's' that is complete and utter bullshit. Also, Alan Keyes was too smart to try and become president ten or so years ago.

Not painting you that way, but that is the way the black conservative has ALWAYS been painted by the left, including Mr. Keyes when he did try a Presidential run.

Mr. Keyes and the Tea Party have strikingly similiar fiscal ideas, so while I don't know if he is affiliated, I would bet that he would support this movement whole-heartedly.

Maybe this will help you understand how Alan Keyes feels about the tea party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5K9QTJtq7w

Look, a black guy actually SPEAKING at a tea party event

still cant figure out how to post a video.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Apparently not a one time appearance:

http://theconservativist.com/tag/alan-keyes/

http://www.truveo.com/alan-keyes-speaks-at-the-white-house-tax-day-tea/id/3266565369

http://papundits.wordpress.com/2009/04/16/hazleton-tea-party-with-alan-keyes/

If this was a racist movement, I promise you Mr. Keyes would not be involved. Maybe we just choose to catagorize people into groups that conveinantly fit into our own personal view of our society.

Human Nature?

What a great Presedential candidate Mr. Keyes would be for the Tea Party in 2012. The only drawback is he always appears angry in his speeches, which in the past has turned off the American public. Who knows, maybe the American public is finally angry enough to agree with Mr. Keyes.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

for example.....

All photos taken from Tea Party rallies. Don't tell me hate and racism is not an element here.

I don't see anything "racist" about these pictures. And yes, there are black people at these rallies:

blacks-against-obama.jpg

But yeah, you go ahead, stomp your feet, and think it's about race. These people don't care that he is black - if Ronald Reagan himself was proposing universal health care, higher taxes, trillions of dollars in deficits, and driving up energy costs due to bad science, they would be calling him a fascist as well.

Keep thinking it's about race, and not policy. It's that kind of narrow thinking that caused democrats to lose key elections in the last year, and it's why they are going to have the ever-loving sh&t kicked out of them in November.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I don't see anything "racist" about these pictures. And yes, there are black people at these rallies:

blacks-against-obama.jpg

But yeah, you go ahead, stomp your feet, and think it's about race. These people don't care that he is black - if Ronald Reagan himself was proposing universal health care, higher taxes, trillions of dollars in deficits, and driving up energy costs due to bad science, they would be calling him a fascist as well.

Keep thinking it's about race, and not policy. It's that kind of narrow thinking that caused democrats to lose key elections in the last year, and it's why they are going to have the ever-loving sh&t kicked out of them in November.

If you actually read my original post fully....you would have read me saying that that SOME, NOT ALL,IN THE MOVEMNENT ARE A BIT RACIST.

But no, it's more fun for you to start ranting and arguing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

If you actually read my original post fully....you would have read me saying that that SOME, NOT ALL,IN THE MOVEMNENT ARE A BIT RACIST.

But no, it's more fun for you to start ranting and arguing.

You did say

Don't act like him being black has nothing to do with the Tea Party's movement. I am all for a group of individuals wanting to be heard for what they feel is right and needs to be corrected, but to use an ironic pun....let's call a spade a spade here.

That sounds to me like you're saying racism is behind the tea party movement.

Why even bring it up if you are just making a mere observation that some are racist? Some democrats and other "progressives" are racist too--what's your point?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1