Sunbelt Games (1/21/10)

CMJ

Current standings look something like this now. Looks like WKU is struggling almost as much as we are.

EAST

Troy 5-3 10-9

Middle Tennessee 5-3 10-10

Florida Atlantic 5-3 9-10

Western Kentucky 4-3 11-7

South Alabama 4-4 12-8

FIU 3-6 6-16

WEST

Arkansas State 6-1 11-7

Denver 5-3 12-7

Louisiana-Lafayette 4-3 7-11

North Texas 5-4 12-7

Louisiana-Monroe 3-6 8-12

New Orleans 2-6 7-12

Arkansas-Little Rock 1-7 5-14

Edited by CMJ

i'm glad nt won, but why was this such a huge win? usa has an similar record to ours, nt was at home, they should have won. i don't understand the excitement of a big win over usa. the troy win was much bigger!

Edited by radiogreen

i'm glad nt won, but why was this such a huge win? usa has an similar record to ours, nt was at home, they should have won. i don't understand the excitement of a big win over usa. the troy win was much bigger!

I think it's a big one because we had to have it. Four of our next five are on the road. We basically need to win every home game from here on out.

:unsure:

All conference WINs are huge. Team really needed this WIN for confidence . IMO S Bama is a better ball club than Troy

I think when any time , any place , any team of UNT wins there is a call for excitement.

Edited by NT03

I think it's a big one because we had to have it. Four of our next five are on the road. We basically need to win every home game from here on out.

I also think it was a big win becuase of the way Eric played and the strong play of the starting 5. They are starting to gel as a unit. Eric's health is huge for us. His leadership and determination led the team.

:unsure:

All conference WINs are huge. Team really needed this WIN for confidence . IMO S Bama is a better ball club than Troy

I think when any time , any place , any team of UNT wins there is a call for excitement.

i've gotta disagree with this. winning should be expected, not an occasion that calls for excitement. north texas SHOULD HAVE beaten usa and they did...excellent....let's not go crazy and brandish this a big win. home games should be won. yes, the conference is tight and every game is important, but by declaring this win a huge win makes me feel like the football wins against wku are huge. i'm pretty sure most would agree that those victories weren't huge, but expected.

it's a home win over a marginal team in the conference....have the standards been lowered???

After you get past ASU -- numbers 2-9 are seperated by 1 game. Every game is really big, and given our upcoming (road heavy)slate it was ultra important to win this one. I think it might have been our most important win of the season to date. We needed a confidence boost heading into Diddle, otherwise the season could have gone south really fast. To me - it was a big win more by what it represented, than who we beat.

Edited by CMJ

i've gotta disagree with this. winning should be expected, not an occasion that calls for excitement. north texas SHOULD HAVE beaten usa and they did...excellent....let's not go crazy and brandish this a big win. home games should be won. yes, the conference is tight and every game is important, but by declaring this win a huge win makes me feel like the football wins against wku are huge. i'm pretty sure most would agree that those victories weren't huge, but expected.

it's a home win over a marginal team in the conference....have the standards been lowered???

If your definiton of a marginal team is a team that has been to 3 postseason tournaments in the last 3 years : the BIG DANCE twice , once as a at large bid last year , and the NIT in 2007 and a team that went on the road this year and beat then ranked #18 in the nation Florida then yes Id say it's a HUGE win

This is the SunBelt conference where anything and everything happens.It's huge in the fact that it looks like ET is finally back at 100%, something we need to have if we are going to do anything

If your definiton of a marginal team is a team that has been to 3 postseason tournaments in the last 3 years : the BIG DANCE twice , once as a at large bid last year , and the NIT in 2007 and a team that went on the road this year and beat then ranked #18 in the nation Florida then yes Id say it's a HUGE win

This is the SunBelt conference where anything and everything happens.It's huge in the fact that it looks like ET is finally back at 100%, something we need to have if we are going to do anything

my definition of a marginal team is based upon their record and others this year in the conference. usa isn't the same team as they have been the past three years. it's great that north texas can beat usa, but i just don't understand the hugeness of it. it's cool if every win is huge, i just don't want to overreact to victories by the guys. they earned this win by hard work and good shooting. a huge win.....i still don't think so....an important win...sure....all conference wins are important!

Look man, its simple...if JJ isn't beating SBC teams by 25 every night he needs to be fired. THIS IS NORTH TEXAS BASKETBALL!

I'm surprised we don't win more games by forefit.

my definition of a marginal team is based upon their record and others this year in the conference. usa isn't the same team as they have been the past three years. it's great that north texas can beat usa, but i just don't understand the hugeness of it. it's cool if every win is huge, i just don't want to overreact to victories by the guys. they earned this win by hard work and good shooting. a huge win.....i still don't think so....an important win...sure....all conference wins are important!

I love it one of the few fans we have comes on here after a great win at home over a really good team in our conference and tells us all how we have lowered expectations and that one of the best programs in the SBC really isn't that great. All I know is that if we don't beat WKU on the road, since they are basically the same as we are, JJ needs to fired on the spot. Don't even let him on the bus back to the airport. RAISE EXPECTATIONS!!!! B)

RPI Update after last night. Given the strength of the league is down this year according to RPI/Sagarin/Pomeroy, I'm thinking the best possible seed any schools in the league would recieve would be about a 12 for WKU(if they go on a torid streak and basically win out). Anyone else wins the league we'll probably get a 14 or 15.

97 WKU

144 Denver

157 Troy

161 ASU

185 North Texas

198 USA

227 MTSU

250 FAU

266 FIU

268 ULM

269 ULL

285 UALR