Leavitt Fired At Usf

untStein

Speaking of defensive minded coaches who should be our head coach, Texas A&M has interviewed Boise State DC Justin Wilcox. That's good. If A&M hires him, he'll have a year under his belt recruiting the state when we hire him next November. :D

Also brought in the Air force DC.

Speaking of defensive minded coaches who should be our head coach, Texas A&M has interviewed Boise State DC Justin Wilcox. That's good. If A&M hires him, he'll have a year under his belt recruiting the state when we hire him next November. :D

The A$M coaching staff is under a similar gun as ours; win now (coming season) or don't come back! I think Sherman will be gone after next season.

The A$M coaching staff is under a similar gun as ours; win now (coming season) or don't come back! I think Sherman will be gone after next season.

Well, according to reports from College Station, their AD is $16Million in the red. They guaranteed 7 years for Sherman, so a full buyout of 4 years would be necessary if he was fired at the end of the year. Of course, Franchione is still on their payroll for another year, I believe, so that might change things, too, once he has been paid off fully. Most Ags have told me that Sherman will be in College Station for at least the next two years because the buyout is so steep. Apparently, years of losing will even beat down the wealthiest of fanbases, too. The guarantee for Sherman at 7 years was apparently a back-door deal that circumvented the AD by Mike McKinney, who is the current chairman of the Aggie system, and Governonr Rick Perry. Many Aggies are not fond of this at all, especially since it seems that Sherman is not exactly lighting it up in College Station.

Well, according to reports from College Station, their AD is $16Million in the red. They guaranteed 7 years for Sherman, so a full buyout of 4 years would be necessary if he was fired at the end of the year. Of course, Franchione is still on their payroll for another year, I believe, so that might change things, too, once he has been paid off fully. Most Ags have told me that Sherman will be in College Station for at least the next two years because the buyout is so steep. Apparently, years of losing will even beat down the wealthiest of fanbases, too. The guarantee for Sherman at 7 years was apparently a back-door deal that circumvented the AD by Mike McKinney, who is the current chairman of the Aggie system, and Governonr Rick Perry. Many Aggies are not fond of this at all, especially since it seems that Sherman is not exactly lighting it up in College Station.

It's bigger. This is Rick Perry and his donor group versus the AD and his supporters. As soon as Perry finishes playing politics and has time to focus on faux running the program and working to become university prez, things are in a standoff between all the folks with money.

I could care less about the inside politics at Texas A&M. I'd just be excited to have Justin Wilcox geographically closer to us. It puts us in better stead to hire him if Dodge falters again in 2010.

My bad. I forgot this was more of Texas Tech, Tennessee, USC, Texas and Alabama board :P

Can someone not replace the broken record that keeps playing???? Not every thread needs to bring out the "fire Dodge" group...does it? I think everyone knows there is a contingent that would like to have seen Coach Dodge leave after last season. he didn't, he's UNT's head Coach. Let's focus energy and attention toward helping the program move forward.