Colt Mccoy

adman

Smacks of a bunch of speculation to me. I was at that game you refer to and I agree, UNT got hosed...but, so did my Okie State boys in the Cotton Bowl. Refs make bad calls all the time. Instant replay would have "fixed" that call against UNT, but, alas, no replay at that time. I also recall many many calls in my time of support for UNT that went UNT's way in some critical games. Do you think there was some "deep seeded reason" for those "bad" calls as well? Ref make a bad call, so one "hates" UT for eternity! Nice reason. Texas was not alone in the "conspiracy" theory regarding UNT's lack of an invitation to join the old SWC. And, as far as Texas using it's "juice" to keep poor little ole UNT (and others) down, seems to me that UNT has recently been making some mighty good progress all around with an expanding campus and enrollment, new stadium, business building, etc., etc., law school, med school, engineering school, UNT at Dallas, etc., etc. If that's using "juices" to keep UNT down, I would say PLEASE keep the "juices" flowing.

I do understand where you are coming from, but the "hate" expressed here for UT is a far cry from not getting "much love here". UT will never get "love" from me as I am not a UT fan, but it seems a bit inane to use up energy in hating a school you never attended and who may or may not have a better athletic record. But, if one wants to "hate", go for it...just save all your love for the Mean Green!

The hatred has been well documented on here, and TFLF mentioned half of it. The other half is the dbag fans who have never taken a class at a certain school, yet root for a school because they are lemmings. Their lives are so pathetic that they have to latch onto a school that is "good" and then act like idiots when cheering for that school. They hide under the pretense that I like every school from a certain area/state (in this case Texas), yet they have NO other gear from any other school in said area/state. Then they will talk down to you and mock you because you do not root for "their" school.

I don't think Brown would have called a timeout after Saban took a knee.

Some that allegedly heard part of the exchange during the post-game handshake at midfield said Saban told Mack he "didn't mean anything" by the last TD, and "was letting my kids go".

Mack's alleged reply did not address the comment, and was simply "Congratulations."

Some that allegedly heard part of the exchange during the post-game handshake at midfield said Saban told Mack he "didn't mean anything" by the last TD, and "was letting my kids go".

Mack's alleged reply did not address the comment, and was simply "Congratulations."

I thought Brown looked pretty pissed at the time the touchdown was scored, but I don't watch enough UT football to know for sure.

I thought Brown looked pretty pissed at the time the touchdown was scored, but I don't watch enough UT football to know for sure.

I want to hear more about the whole "We would have beaten them bad with McCoy" quote. I've only heard it alluded to by coworkers and lack the energy to look it up.

The only bad part is that it will enable Emmitt for another 400 years.

The problem with Texas fans, OU fans, Michigan fans, etc. is that they are drunk on their past. They bang on their own coaches, players, and opposing fans for ridiculous stuff.

Interesting...sort of reminds me of plenty of folks here on GMG.com when it comes to discussing UNT and UNT coaches, staff, players (see Riley Dodge). Is not what is "good for the goose good for the gander", or does it not work that way when considering UNT "fans"?

Why does the fact that UT, Michigan, LSU, OU all have fan bases that you say rag on their own coaches and players (which probably happens no more than it does within the Mean Green Nation) have anything at all to do with UNT?????

Just wondering. That's all.

I want to hear more about the whole "We would have beaten them bad with McCoy" quote. I've only heard it alluded to by coworkers and lack the energy to look it up.

The only bad part is that it will enable Emmitt for another 400 years.

Dennis Dodd. CBSSports.com:

"I'd have given anything to have been out there because I know it would have been different," McCoy said.

Texas coach Mack Brown defined how different.

"It wouldn't even have been close," he said in an unguarded moment outside the locker room."

The hatred has been well documented on here, and TFLF mentioned half of it. The other half is the dbag fans who have never taken a class at a certain school, yet root for a school because they are lemmings. Their lives are so pathetic that they have to latch onto a school that is "good" and then act like idiots when cheering for that school. They hide under the pretense that I like every school from a certain area/state (in this case Texas), yet they have NO other gear from any other school in said area/state. Then they will talk down to you and mock you because you do not root for "their" school.

FAIL.

Every school has these fans. I want UNT to have more of them.

We have a kind just as bad, if not worse. We have the kind that actually did go to UNT to get educated, that go the opposite direction of the above and go out of their way to hate UT and, in Emmitt's case, smile at the result of a student athlete getting knocked out of a game that we (Mean Green) weren't even playing in. And we want to talk about class and lives being pathetic?

But at least we can hide under the pretense that they kept us out of the SWC, made us lose 10 games this year, and continue to mock and hold UNT back in a year we didn't even play them... which justifies our fans acting like idiots.

Sometimes I'm ashamed to have the stereotype of "UNT fan" and "GMG.COM Poster" assigned to me - and not for anything the team or school has done.

Interesting...sort of reminds me of plenty of folks here on GMG.com when it comes to discussing UNT and UNT coaches, staff, players (see Riley Dodge). Is not what is "good for the goose good for the gander", or does it not work that way when considering UNT "fans"?

Why does the fact that UT, Michigan, LSU, OU all have fan bases that you say rag on their own coaches and players (which probably happens no more than it does within the Mean Green Nation) have anything at all to do with UNT?????

Just wondering. That's all.

Um...look at the won-loss records of those schools versus ours. We should complain about going 2-10, 1-11, and 2-10. There's a bad trend there. There's alot to pick apart there.

But, OU fans complaining about being 8-5 after going to seven BCS bowls this decade? It's different. A whole lot has gone right for OU since Stoops was hired...far more to laud than disparage for sure.

Things have gone really well on the field for OU with their coach...for us, not so much.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

FAIL.

We have a kind just as bad, if not worse. We have the kind that actually did go to UNT to get educated, that go the opposite direction of the above and go out of their way to hate UT and, in Emmitt's case, smile at the result of a student athlete getting knocked out of a game that we (Mean Green) weren't even playing in. And we want to talk about class and lives being pathetic?

But at least we can hide under the pretense that they kept us out of the SWC, made us lose 10 games this year, and continue to mock and hold UNT back in a year we didn't even play them... which justifies our fans acting like idiots.

Sometimes I'm ashamed to have the stereotype of "UNT fan" and "GMG.COM Poster" assigned to me - and not for anything the team or school has done.

Epic fail.

Then dont post. Problem solved. You will no longer have to be "ashamed" of being a GMG.com poster. Maybe the mods can help you out with this one if you are so "ashamed"

Epic fail.

Then dont post. Problem solved. You will no longer have to be "ashamed" of being a GMG.com poster. Maybe the mods can help you out with this one if you are so "ashamed"

And let this board be overrun with classless fans taking satisfaction in a student-athletes injuries? Thanks, but I think not.

I'd have to stop being a fan of UNT by your estimation too. Something I am not even near ready to do. I like being a sane fan of this school and poster on this board.

If you think that pointing out to a couple of posters how incredibly unsportsmanlike it is to constantly diminish another schools accomplishments that we (UNT) would be more than happy to have is ban-able offense you can read the Forum Rules again. They're at the top of the page.

And let this board be overrun with classless fans taking satisfaction in a student-athletes injuries? Thanks, but I think not.

I'd have to stop being a fan of UNT by your estimation too. Something I am not even near ready to do. I like being a sane fan of this school and poster on this board.

If you think that pointing out to a couple of posters how incredibly unsportsmanlike it is to constantly diminish another schools accomplishments that we (UNT) would be more than happy to have is ban-able offense you can read the Forum Rules again. They're at the top of the page.

You're the voice of reason? We're all screwed. You're the one who said you were ashamed to be a gmg.com poster, I was just trying to offer you a suggestion.

You're the voice of reason? We're all screwed. You're the one who said you were ashamed to be a gmg.com poster, I was just trying to offer you a suggestion.

Rudy, I know you think I pick on you, so I'll just say back up to the thread, read from the first post and then see how everyone involved comes across. I doubt it will make a difference, but I'm pretty sure it's the only hope of solving this stand-off.

OK,I just went through and reread the whole thread. Not an easy task when Im watching Star Wars Tech and getting ready for the Stars game. There have been pretty much 3 different topics that I could count. My post was to the few posters who didnt undersand the hate for the likes of texas. MeanMag, in his attemt to reply to me made the statement that he is sometimes ashamed to have the stereotype of "UNT fan" or "GMG poster" I simply stated that if that is how he truly feels, then he should seperate himself from whatever it is that makes him ashamed. Although I am sure there are those cheering that McCoy got hurt, I have not seen anyone actually cheering that he was hurt. I see alot of people trying to justify the texas loss and state that McCoy's injury cost them the game. This explaination is actually disrespectful to the rest of the team, and the freshman QB who was shoved into the spotlight last night and played very well.

I see alot of people trying to justify the texas loss and state that McCoy's injury cost them the game. This explaination is actually disrespectful to the rest of the team, and the freshman QB who was shoved into the spotlight last night and played very well.

it certainly did cost texas the game. losing romo would cost dallas the game sat. losing a veteran quality qb on a winning team without a similar backup will affect the teams performance. it is not like just replacing a left guard.

FAIL.

Here's a suggestion. Next time you want to guess at my thought process, motivations or mention me in general to bolster your failed point...don't. NEVER have I intimated or said outright that I relished Mccoy's injury...please show me where this is. Am I glad they lost? Yes.

I do have to say though that knowing how easily I can rile up the simple minded among us brings me much amusement. If you want I'll happily send you and Lifer an autographed picture to tape to your voodoo doll (or blowup doll according to your level of man crush). Just ask, I'm here for you.

it certainly did cost texas the game. losing romo would cost dallas the game sat. losing a veteran quality qb on a winning team without a similar backup will affect the teams performance. it is not like just replacing a left guard.

I'll ask again, why should we feel sympathy who paved their road to this game with wins over teams who were without their best player?

Will UT fans greet OU fans with next season with trash talk of "We kicked your ass last season, but you'd have beat us if BYU hadn't injured your quarterback for us"? Somehow I doubt it.

If losing one player, regardless of how important that player is, costs you a chance at the title, then you are NOT a championship TEAM. And if texas is so much deeper in talent like they claim to be, then all of their players, starter and backup, should be close in talent level. If they are so dependant on a single player, then we should be expectant to beat them because there is nothing seperating them from the rest of the field. We should head into our game with them saying, if we can only manage player x, we can win. Furthermore, if Colt was not hurt, don't you think that the Bama players would not have let up and would have kept up the same intensitiy throughout the game? Let me as you this, Do you honestly think that the shovel pass would not have been picked off had Colt thrown it? I dont think Gilbert could have placed it better. It litterally bounced off of the back's left hand and into the air. Several texas recievers dropped passes that Gilbert placed right on their hands. Was it Colt who was playing defense and unable to stop Ingrim? He is only one player. He can not be held responsible for the whole team.

Edited by Rudy

Here's a suggestion. Next time you want to guess at my thought process, motivations or mention me in general to bolster your failed point...don't. NEVER have I intimated or said outright that I relished Mccoy's injury...please show me where this is. Am I glad they lost? Yes.

I do have to say though that knowing how easily I can rile up the simple minded among us brings me much amusement. If you want I'll happily send you and Lifer an autographed picture to tape to your voodoo doll (or blowup doll according to your level of man crush). Just ask, I'm here for you.

Thanks for the suggestion. -noted.

While I think I said you smiled, and I truly believe you did...

You seemed pretty satisfied after posting this:

Finally they'll see what others have had to deal with...

They beat Ok state...with no Dez Bryant

They beat OU, barely... no Sam Bradford. (no, ut didn't hurt him, byu did)

They beat TTU...AFTER Harrell and Crabtree graduate.

Hell, even Baylor was without Robert Griffin

Sucks when your best player is missing, huh?

Thanks for the suggestion. -noted.

While I think I said you smiled, and I truly believe you did...

You seemed pretty satisfied after posting this:

Actually, I was watching the game with him, and would testify under oath, that he was not gloating and smiling. We both wanted Colt to stay healthy so it would eliminate this bullsh excuse that we knew was coming. In fact, Emmitt thought it was a harder hit than I did at first, and had to convince me that it was a hit that could do some serious damage.