Post Game Interview

stebo

It sounds like we will soon be saying goodbye. There was just something about how he answered those questions at the end of the interview - he seemed to be saying goodbye to team and the final answer seemed to be a goodbye to Jub Jub. I would like to say thank you for trying. Your teams frustrated the hell out of me for the last two years but I never stopped watching. Your offense is certainly exciting but the discipline was just god awful. I know that you would never do something detrimental to the program, you are a good - god fearing Christian that would not be vengeful or spiteful. I appreciate you going out with pride and dignity. You never said a bad word about my school and I want to thank you for that. The last few coaches that came through here felt the need to tear NT down on their way out the door.

I hope that Riley will be back but if not, I hope that he gets better to enjoy his life at age 19. He broke his arm for us today and he dislocated a shoulder for us earlier this season. People seem to forget about the BLOOD, SWEAT, and TEARS that these kids go through. Riley - I hope that you stick around. You are a scrappy guy and we need more hard working players like you. If not, please don't go play for that blowhard at tU - he is a real a-hole ;)

To RV - I hope that you keep DeLoach around and seriously consider him for the head coaching position. If not, I hope that you have already lined someone up. There is a lot of talent on this team and we will be succesful for years to come with a new coaching direction (and a new kicker ;) )

Vizza not Dodge brought a lot of excitement to the field! Dodge shut Vizza down his second year. Wonder why?

Vizza shut himself down, and if you don't know why do some research.

Todd Dodge is a class act through and through, if he is done I will wait for the official release to say good bye.

I don't care much for what church the dude goes to, but I'm not thanking anyone for being an abject failure on and off the field while stealing $750,000 of NT's money.

From pulling kids' promised scholarships when he got here to burning kids' redshirts on the way out, with all the rampant drug use, racism allegations, stolen debit cards, mishandling and insensitivity towards deserving seniors, mass defections off the sinking ship, and the worst off and on the field national publicity in NT history - Thanks for nothing, Todd.

Great character guy and leader my a**. Oh wait, I know, we believe what we want to believe. We'll blame the last guy, whose national headlines came from conference title and rushing champions, and whose off-field transgressions look comical compared the to Dodge error. All I care about is who stuff happened under and what was done about it. And even if you want to say Dickey's players were trash and blame them for racismgate and rampant drug use (though we both know that last one is 100% bs), the constant ethical mishandling of scholarships and seniors and transfers and just about everything else are all the feet of the most over-his-head coach to hold a job 3 dismal years in CFB history. Ask Daniel Meager about "building a family". Oh, that's right... he was busy setting records on the road against SMU before he was benched for a Freshman. Too bad he wore the scarlet "DD"... good thing Dodge didn't have any of his guys ready to usurp Casey "OMG! He's a DD guy!" Fitzgerald.

Todd Dodge may be a nice guy to have dinner with, but "running a tight ship" was hardly his forte.

Vizza not Dodge brought a lot of excitement to the field! Dodge shut Vizza down his second year. Wonder why?

I could bring a lot of excitement to the field by setting up a giant feces bonfire on the 50 in the middle of warmups, but that wouldn't win any games either.

Excitement is for women who just want to see shiny things fly around at a football game they're forced to go to.

I don't care much for what church the dude goes to, but I'm not thanking anyone for being an abject failure on and off the field while stealing $750,000 of NT's money.

From pulling kids' promised scholarships when he got here to burning kids' redshirts on the way out, with all the rampant drug use, racism allegations, stolen debit cards, mishandling and insensitivity towards deserving seniors, mass defections off the sinking ship, and the worst off and on the field national publicity in NT history - Thanks for nothing, Todd.

Great character guy and leader my a**. Oh wait, I know, we believe what we want to believe. We'll blame the last guy, whose national headlines came from conference title and rushing champions, and whose off-field transgressions look comical compared the to Dodge error. All I care about is who stuff happened under and what was done about it. And even if you want to say Dickey's players were trash and blame them for racismgate and rampant drug use (though we both know that last one is 100% bs), the constant ethical mishandling of scholarships and seniors and transfers and just about everything else are all the feet of the most over-his-head coach to hold a job 3 dismal years in CFB history. Ask Daniel Meager about "building a family". Oh, that's right... he was busy setting records on the road against SMU before he was benched for a Freshman. Too bad he wore the scarlet "DD"... good thing Dodge didn't have any of his guys ready to usurp Casey "OMG! He's a DD guy!" Fitzgerald.

Todd Dodge may be a nice guy to have dinner with, but "running a tight ship" was hardly his forte.

Great and very accurate post! Be careful Caribbean Green, speaking the truth on this board will get you slammed by those who want to believe the hype of the last 3 years.

Enough of the candy coatings & blowing sunshine & puppy dogs up everyone's a$$hole. The guy was in over his head, big time. He failed big time in the face of adversity. What does the track record show from SLC?? From that I think you can say he was never really called upon to tackle tough situations. It's been noted here before, but his previous stInts before SLC were on the failing end. He may be the worlds nicest guy, but he failed to live up the hype and is severely ovrrated, IMO.

1. Compared to stolen backpacks

2. While his local headlines included getting drunk off his a$$ in New Orleans, bashing fans, and saying how lucky we were to take the field with Texas.

3. You're right because none of DD's players used recreational drugs. Remember Andrew Smith's drug test results? The presence of drug use was only pinpointed because of in-house drug tests designed to keep a program on the up and up.

4. Dodge banished Fitzgerald to the Green team and didn't even give him a 'ship, Dodge recognized his talent and utilized it.

Dodge tried to run a clean program, Dickey tried to keep things swept under the rug.

Enough of the candy coatings & blowing sunshine & puppy dogs up everyone's a$$hole. The guy was in over his head, big time. He failed big time in the face of adversity. What does the track record show from SLC?? From that I think you can say he was never really called upon to tackle tough situations. It's been noted here before, but his previous stInts before SLC were on the failing end. He may be the worlds nicest guy, but he failed to live up the hype and is severely ovrrated, IMO.

I think that the argument was always that it is very difficult to win 77 games out of 78... even at a place with resources like SLC. Ask the new coach how tough it has been. I don't want anyone to think that I am a Dodge apologist. I really didn't know anything about him before he got here. All that I knew was how messed up the program at NT was. We needed someone to come in here and calm things down - clean up the house, maybe winning was not the first priority for that first year. Things didn't work out. We should shake hands and move on. I will wish him luck in the future and I hope that our fans can show how we are a classy bunch and do the same.

1. Compared to stolen backpacks

2. While his local headlines included getting drunk off his a$$ in New Orleans, bashing fans, and saying how lucky we were to take the field with Texas.

3. You're right because none of DD's players used recreational drugs. Remember Andrew Smith's drug test results? The presence of drug use was only pinpointed because of in-house drug tests designed to keep a program on the up and up.

4. Dodge banished Fitzgerald to the Green team and didn't even give him a 'ship, Dodge recognized his talent and utilized it.

Dodge tried to run a clean program, Dickey tried to keep things swept under the rug.

Oh Dear Lord... forget it. You're right. Dickey is Dave Bliss reincarnate, and Dodge ran a good clean program. No off the field problems, no bad national pub, no academic misconduct. I know you LIKE Football Trilli, and that's all that matters... but we had FAR worse widespread pub and issues under him in 1/3 of the time. Period. All I'm saying is this whole "Dodge did things the right way, and the last guy was an Outlaw!" needs to flat stop. It's complete fallacy.

Oh Dear Lord... forget it. You're right. Dickey is Dave Bliss reincarnate, and Dodge ran a good clean program. No off the field problems, no bad national pub, no academic misconduct. I know you LIKE Football Trilli, and that's all that matters... but we had FAR worse widespread pub and issues under him in 1/3 of the time. Period. All I'm saying is this whole "Dodge did things the right way, and the last guy was an Outlaw!" needs to flat stop. It's complete fallacy.

I could write a much longer list of things going on during the DD period. I won't - because it won't do any good for my school. I will say that Dodge's team was much more behaved then DD's teams. If a kid made a mistake, he didn't play the very next week and some even were asked to leave the team but got to do so without ruining the rest of their life. Dodge is a father and watched after those kids and comments that go against that are just hateful.

CaribbeanGreen said:

The only difference is that we HAD publicity this time. Nobody cared to give a listen about this program(even in DFW) besides diehards prior to Dodge's arrival. He brought a lot of interest to the program. Don't you ever wonder why Dickey was never stolen away by a higher profile program during the bowl run? Don't you wonder why he hasn't been able to secure a HC job since? Don't you wonder why we haven't had a big name coach since Fry?

Edited by Cr1028
Thanks Adler

I could write a much longer list of things going on during the DD period. I won't - because it won't do any good for my school. I will say that Dodge's team was much more behaved then DD's teams. If a kid made a mistake, he didn't play the very next week and some even were asked to leave the team but got to do so without ruining the rest of their life. Dodge is a father and watched after those kids and comments that go against that are just hateful.

Likewise, I could do the same. I know several others who could as well. Believe it or not - Dodge's teams WEREN'T much more behaved. And what you're saying never happened, well, just don't be so certain of that. It's not useful to go on, as it's all over now. But besides the much larger stack of negative headlines Dodge accumulated in 1/3 the time, rest assured that this wasn't choir practice.

The only difference is that we HAD publicity this time. Nobody cared to give a listen about this program(even in DFW) besides diehards prior to Dodge's arrival. He brought alot of interest to the program. Don't you ever wonder why Dickey was never stolen away by a higher profile program during the bowl run? Don't you wonder why he hasn't been able to secure a HC job since? Don't you wonder why we haven't had a big name coach since Fry?

Really? Frankly, I don't care why DD isn't a head coach anywhere else. Idaho offered him, but that was it. Don't care why Patterson and Peterson aren't either... that isn't the point. You really think that during the longest conference win streak in the nation no one cared, and that's why there was no national pub? Because no one cared about little ol' North Texas before Dodge graced us with this presence?

Maybe.. just MAYBE - sideline allegations of racism, widespread team drug tests, etc. are slightly more attractive news topics than stolen backpacks and drunk tanks. Not saying one is worse than the other, but come on. One moves the numbers, one doesn't.

d.d. made some mistakes, but he won the conference and went to n.o. bowl 4 straight years, something no nt coach had ever done before. as for t.d., i think he lost 9 games this year by 4 points or less. if he wins just 4 of them, goes 6&6. he looks like the coach we hoped we had hired 3 seasons ago. tough way to make a living. however, coaches and preachers are hired to be fired, right,wrong, or indifferent.you make the call.

Likewise, I could do the same. I know several others who could as well. Believe it or not - Dodge's teams WEREN'T much more behaved. And what you're saying never happened, well, just don't be so certain of that. It's not useful to go on, as it's all over now. But besides the much larger stack of negative headlines Dodge accumulated in 1/3 the time, rest assured that this wasn't choir practice.

No Div I team is... I think that we probably know the same stories. My take is that Dickey and Flanny used the dirt against NT to almost hold the school hostage. A bad break-up was inevitable. Dodge is not blaming anyone but himself and I find that admirable. As a Div I coach, he did not succeed. I hate how this is dividing the fan base that seemed to finally be united just a year ago. Hopefully we can open up the checkbook and get someone in here to bring everyone back together again. Will there be kids acting like idiots at 19-20-21 years old? Sure... but there is a big difference between the things done during the DD time and the things done over the last three year. Its like comparing apples to oranges (or misdemeanors to felonies).

No Div I team is... I think that we probably know the same stories. My take is that Dickey and Flanny used the dirt against NT to almost hold the school hostage. A bad break-up was inevitable. Dodge is not blaming anyone but himself and I find that admirable. As a Div I coach, he did not succeed. I hate how this is dividing the fan base that seemed to finally be united just a year ago. Hopefully we can open up the checkbook and get someone in here to bring everyone back together again. Will there be kids acting like idiots at 19-20-21 years old? Sure... but there is a big difference between the things done during the DD time and the things done over the last three year. Its like comparing apples to oranges (or misdemeanors to felonies).

You're a good fan, I enjoy your posts, and we both endlessly support the same difficult program. We just agree to disagree. No harm no foul.. it's all in the past anyway. I'm ready to climb all aboard the KRAM1 positivity train once the search begins. Next year should be exciting, and I can already state that I expect improvment, regardless.