Derek Thompson...

EastTexasMG

If we had already claimed the SunBelt title and didn't need this game would TD have put in Thompson ?

That would depend how seriously the other 2 were injured so we could prep Thompson for the bowl game.

If you were on the brink of losing your job, would you not make every effort to save it?

Seems the only thing you care about is making excuses, any kind, for what has happened to these kids at the coaching hands of Todd Dodge! I doubt you give a rats a&% about anything but Todd Dodge. Hows that for labeling?

It seems all you guys care about is hiring and firing coaches until we end up back at the FCS level or with no program at all. I don't think we get the caliber of recruits, the student vote, or the stadium if Todd Dodge had not stepped on campus. If he is fired, who is to say that Riley and other high profile players(including Dunbar who could go to BCS school since he never redshirted) don't leave the program. Who is to say the next coach doesn't come in and repeat what Dodge and Dickey did which is win one less game then their predecessor in their first season. This would leave us opening our beautiful new stadium with a team coming off of a one win season. If you guys would think logically, there is nothing to gain by firing Dodge this season, no new coach is going to take us to the Sun Belt title next year, not even the ghost of Tom Landry. The best scenario for opening the new stadium is either Dodge bringing back an improved team, or the first year of an exciting high-profile coach who has a clean slate. If there is one think Dodge knows how to do, that is recruiting and I see know harm in having this man recruit for us one more year. You can fire him 6 games in next year if you want but I say have him run the ship until Fouts is done.

He said that he told the defense if they made that final stop, the offense would go down and score, they'd onside and score again to win the game. They made the stop, Tune couldn't lift his arm so they went with the freshman. He said they could've play one of the 2 ex-hs qbs but with so little time left they had to throw the ball to score quickly enough to honor his word to the defense. He is an honorable man. You guys don't care about this team, you just care about what YOU have to put up with, not these kids that sweat and bleed for this man.

Really? Honorable men can admit when they're in over their heads. They can adapt to the world around them instead of continuously trying to put a square peg in a round hole. They realize that while they are GETTING PAID to arrogantly "do things their way" others are PAYING hard earned money to watch, listen, travel to these games. So, I hope you are ultimately right, I hope he honorably tenders his resignation on the plane ride home.

Really? Honorable men can admit when they're in over their heads. They can adapt to the world around them instead of continuously trying to put a square peg in a round hole. They realize that while they are GETTING PAID to arrogantly "do things their way" others are PAYING hard earned money to watch, listen, travel to these games. So, I hope you are ultimately right, I hope he honorably tenders his resignation on the plane ride home.

Well, that is not going to happen. He has a family to support and the school made a commitment to him for a five year contract. Why is everyone so mad at Dodge? He was in over his head but he wasn't stubborn in my opinion. He made changes every year to try and get better. He fired best friends to try and improve the team. He brought back a DC that we all love and had missed. I know that fans are frustrated but you can't expect for him to resign. He tried down to the very end - it didn't work - but he tried. The guy never threw in the towel. He left a cush job where he was a god - a Texas football high school legend - and he laid it all on the line for NT. It didn't work and that's ok. He tried and was a class act the whole time. Hopefully our next coach will be given the adequate payroll to hire full assistants with experience.

Chase Baine didn't make the trip, they said on the radio. Anyone have any information as to why?

I'm not upset about Derek Thompson's shirt being burned - Todd Dodge got to see what it looks like to have his offense directed by a quarterback who can see over his offensive linemen! Maybe he learned something from it. I doubt it...but, maybe.

CHase Baine has been out the past 3 weeks.. Due to a somewhat serious medical condition privacy laws prevent what it is...but I was told North Texas Doctors were holding him out so he could recover and get ready for spring ball and not take a risk on his condtion.

I still think the WILDCAT was the answer instead of burnning the redshirt freshman .

he TRIED?!? 250k per year, 3 years at the job and we're going with "he TRIED"!!?!?!? I think ALL FBS coaches TRY. All stinkin' junior high coaches TRY. I'd TRY, but that doesn't mean I could coach a lick.

As for the argument about saving this job in burning the shirt -- again, I ask - WHAT IF HE WASN'T? There's very very (VERY) good chance he wasn't trying to save his job, boys. And this is the one thing that is NOT Dodge's fault... it's the administration's fault that Football Trilli was allowed to f up the redshirt, be it through malice or idiocy. DeLoach should have been the HC today. Period. You'd think they'd have learned their lesson on this one.

do we know deloach wants to be the coach????

also....isn't it HIS defense that has been losing all the leads this year???

Radio - you misunderstood my post. DeLoach should have been the INTERIM coach today, before the full housecleaning tomorrow. Like a lot of places do it. Like what would have prevented black jerseys and flaming redshirts. When a coach is NOT fighting for his job, and knows he no longer HAS said job, you shouldn't leave him w access to your program.

he TRIED?!? 250k per year, 3 years at the job and we're going with "he TRIED"!!?!?!? I think ALL FBS coaches TRY. All stinkin' junior high coaches TRY. I'd TRY, but that doesn't mean I could coach a lick.

As for the argument about saving this job in burning the shirt -- again, I ask - WHAT IF HE WASN'T? There's very very (VERY) good chance he wasn't trying to save his job, boys. And this is the one thing that is NOT Dodge's fault... it's the administration's fault that Football Trilli was allowed to f up the redshirt, be it through malice or idiocy. DeLoach should have been the HC today. Period. You'd think they'd have learned their lesson on this one.

You say that as if 250k per year is a large sum of money in the FBS. Coaches like June Jones and Gary Patterson laugh at a sum like that.

You say that as if 250k per year is a large sum of money in the FBS. Coaches like June Jones and Gary Patterson laugh at a sum like that.

Coaches in our conference don't. And anyway, not the point. I'm saying that for 250k per year, in ANY profession, saying "HE TRIED" should not be a feather in someone's cap. They ALL "try".

Coaches in our conference don't. And anyway, not the point. I'm saying that for 250k per year, in ANY profession, saying "HE TRIED" should not be a feather in someone's cap. They ALL "try".

Including NFL head coaches? Including fortune 500 CEOs? You are out of your mind if you think 250k would get you anyone worth a damn. There is a reason coaches in our conference don't, most couldn't get a job anywhere else which is why our conference is looked down upon.

I don't care who is hurt. You do not burn a redshirt in the closing minutes of a 2-9 season.

Who would you put in at QB for the last drive for a TD? Lets see...Riley may have a broken bone in his arm, Tune was injured....Baine I don't believe is on the traveling squad.....................again who would you put in at QB since you "know what you are talking about"

Radio - you misunderstood my post. DeLoach should have been the INTERIM coach today, before the full housecleaning tomorrow. Like a lot of places do it. Like what would have prevented black jerseys and flaming redshirts. When a coach is NOT fighting for his job, and knows he no longer HAS said job, you shouldn't leave him w access to your program.

that i did....i read it that deloach should be the new coach.....but....how do we know that dodge didn't have a job this last week??? maybe he hadn't been told or lead one way or the other...he tried to win a game...

Samford at UNLV is still in charge of the Rebels and he was let go weeks ago.

Dodge did what could to try to win - class act. He never quit on our program and I always respect someone who doesn't quit when the world hates you.

Let the rebuilding begin and say hello to 5 wins in 3 years! A discombobulated program that I love and will never quit on either - see yall next fall!

GMG

Samford at UNLV is still in charge of the Rebels and he was let go weeks ago.

Dodge did what could to try to win - class act. He never quit on our program and I always respect someone who doesn't quit when the world hates you.

Let the rebuilding begin and say hello to 5 wins in 3 years! A discombobulated program that I love and will never quit on either - see yall next fall!

GMG

Welcome to North Texas where every year is a rebuilding year.

Well, that is not going to happen. He has a family to support and the school made a commitment to him for a five year contract. Why is everyone so mad at Dodge? He was in over his head but he wasn't stubborn in my opinion. He made changes every year to try and get better. He fired best friends to try and improve the team. He brought back a DC that we all love and had missed. I know that fans are frustrated but you can't expect for him to resign. He tried down to the very end - it didn't work - but he tried. The guy never threw in the towel. He left a cush job where he was a god - a Texas football high school legend - and he laid it all on the line for NT. It didn't work and that's ok. He tried and was a class act the whole time. Hopefully our next coach will be given the adequate payroll to hire full assistants with experience.

For the information of those who have all the answers....the 3 people on this board that I have the most respect for and that had personal friendships and ties with the players....Stevebo, Fire Fighter Rick and Harry Miers....I would take their word and information and treat it with the most respect over what I am seeing posted on this board. OldTimer

do we know deloach wants to be the coach????

also....isn't it HIS defense that has been losing all the leads this year???

So we fire DeLoach also? All he did in the one year he was hired and with only 1 year of recruiting is reduce the number of points scored against NT the year from 505 down to 387 through the army game...a reduction of 118 points or 23.5 % in this one year. All he did under DD over was to have NT ranked among the leaders in the nation...I just don't remember what the ranking was (I think # 12 in the nation) when he left but it sure as hell not done in his first year. ...if any one knows a different ranking please post it.

Who would you put in at QB for the last drive for a TD? Lets see...Riley may have a broken bone in his arm, Tune was injured....Baine I don't believe is on the traveling squad from what another poster stated he was being treated for some medical reason.....................again who would you put in at QB since you "know what you are talking about"