Jackson State (11/24/09)

CMJ

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW , also going on a great game in Bowling Green as Indiana St and WKU just went into OT ! WKU down the entire game , mostly by double digits but Jameson Tipping hits a 3 at the buzzer to tie it 63

Nevermind , they call a foul on WKU w/ 1 second left. IND ST 64 WKU 63 F

Edited by NT03

WOW , also going on a great game in Bowling Green as Indiana St and WKU just went into OT ! WKU down the entire game , mostly by double digits but Jameson Tipping hits a 3 at the buzzer to tie it 63

Nevermind , they call a foul on WKU w/ 1 second left. IND ST 64 WKU 63 F

WKU was down 14 at the half

Odufuwa our best player so far this season?

Yep, especially with Tramiel getting into foul trouble in several games.

Is it just me, or does it seem we are a much better team when Dom and Josh are not on the floor at the same time.

Also impressed wth Alzee Williams. He looks like he is going to be a player.

I think it was a bit of a let down after the OSU loss just a few days ago. Plus, the crowd was probably small. Saturday's game versus Boise State will tell us more about this team in terms of being able to beat a mid major on the road where we do not have revenge incentive.

Boise St is a very average mid major team this year. I think we are better top to bottom , but that long road trip right after thanksgiving will make it very tough to pull out a win

I think it was a bit of a let down after the OSU loss just a few days ago. Plus, the crowd was probably small. Saturday's game versus Boise State will tell us more about this team in terms of being able to beat a mid major on the road where we do not have revenge incentive.

Actually a decent crowd for being the day before the day before Thanksgiving.

Odufuwa our best player so far this season?

Definitely. George has taken his game to the next level. He looks really polished and appears that he will add consistent scoring to his always good rebounding. I was bragging at length about George tonight to buddy and emphasized that George appears to have gotten his free throw problem worked out, only to watch him struggle at the line tonight.. hopefully this aspect of his game was just an off night... if we can get George and Tramiel going consistently every night we'll have a great season...

Boise St is a very average mid major team this year. I think we are better top to bottom , but that long road trip right after thanksgiving will make it very tough to pull out a win

nov. 24: Boise St. 82 Eastern Washington 69 (Final)

boise is now 3-2. game was played at ewu. ewu beat uta last saturday in arlington by 4.

OK, a couple of things...why would the crowd get into it when the team was playing such a sloppy game? Just asking. I was there with the bride and was pretty darn frustrated by the sloppy play by UNT. Never could get into the game...Also...crowd was not good. A school the size of UNT with the record the team has had over the last few years should have plenty more than a bit over 2100 rears in the seats. To claim that there was a decent student turnout, or alum, etc. turnout is just not correct. UNT should put 5000+ students in the gym every home game and the alums, etc. should be close to that...I know, I know, that's about 10,000 for each home game...quite a stretch when folks seem to think 2100+ is a good crowd. This team and these players have earned better support than they are getting...

Now, that being said...man, are they a sloppy bunch at times. And, what in the world has happened to Josh over the last couple of games? man, for a "point guard (debatable, I know), he is turning the ball over way too often and his shot has just disappeared....not to mention his forcing of shots that simply are not there...a guy 5'10" may need to rethink trying to drive the lane when there are open players to pass to who can shoot. Just saying....and just wondering. I thought JJ should have inserted Dom in and kept him in...but, Josh is a super player, and I do expect him to rebound and have some great games for us....just wondering if he really should be the "point"?

George O has been my favorite player for a couple of years...why? Well, at first because I love to yell out his last name...pretty cool and sounds great after a good play...secondly, he is one great re-bounder and I love the effort he gives...some of his shots are not so "wonderful", but he is scoring in double digits and rebounding like a madman....I want to see if he got a double/double last night. Anyone see the box score as yet?

Now, some of you guys who are into BB way more than I am, tell me what ails Josh and this team? Why the sloppy play that seems to inject itself once or twice in every game? I am thinking that might get them beat a time or two or three or four as the season goes along...ideas? Thoughts, you basketball gurus out there....

And, come on...come to the games when ever you can...team is winning...the "football Dodge haters" say that attendance would be great if only we were winning and that winning cures all attendance problems...well, seems it doesn't do much for basketball. Gee, I wonder if it is something else rather than simply the wins and losses? 2100+ is not a good crowd...this team is winning...where is the support???? Come on folks....

OK, a couple of things...why would the crowd get into it when the team was playing such a sloppy game? Just asking. I was there with the bride and was pretty darn frustrated by the sloppy play by UNT. Never could get into the game...Also...crowd was not good. A school the size of UNT with the record the team has had over the last few years should have plenty more than a bit over 2100 rears in the seats. To claim that there was a decent student turnout, or alum, etc. turnout is just not correct. UNT should put 5000+ students in the gym every home game and the alums, etc. should be close to that...I know, I know, that's about 10,000 for each home game...quite a stretch when folks seem to think 2100+ is a good crowd. This team and these players have earned better support than they are getting...

Now, that being said...man, are they a sloppy bunch at times. And, what in the world has happened to Josh over the last couple of games? man, for a "point guard (debatable, I know), he is turning the ball over way too often and his shot has just disappeared....not to mention his forcing of shots that simply are not there...a guy 5'10" may need to rethink trying to drive the lane when there are open players to pass to who can shoot. Just saying....and just wondering. I thought JJ should have inserted Dom in and kept him in...but, Josh is a super player, and I do expect him to rebound and have some great games for us....just wondering if he really should be the "point"?

George O has been my favorite player for a couple of years...why? Well, at first because I love to yell out his last name...pretty cool and sounds great after a good play...secondly, he is one great re-bounder and I love the effort he gives...some of his shots are not so "wonderful", but he is scoring in double digits and rebounding like a madman....I want to see if he got a double/double last night. Anyone see the box score as yet?

Now, some of you guys who are into BB way more than I am, tell me what ails Josh and this team? Why the sloppy play that seems to inject itself once or twice in every game? I am thinking that might get them beat a time or two or three or four as the season goes along...ideas? Thoughts, you basketball gurus out there....

And, come on...come to the games when ever you can...team is winning...the "football Dodge haters" say that attendance would be great if only we were winning and that winning cures all attendance problems...well, seems it doesn't do much for basketball. Gee, I wonder if it is something else rather than simply the wins and losses? 2100+ is not a good crowd...this team is winning...where is the support???? Come on folks....

Sloppy play = poor point guard play.

We need Dom back and healthy...Josh is 1:1 assist:turnovers against fairly mediocre compitition. Unacceptable. Josh does a lot of things really well but running the 1 is not one of them.

George O looks great...Tramiel showed in the second half what he can do, but he's been too passive or too foul prone early on to really take over a game.

I like that JJ is reigning in Holman a bit.

TT is not responding well to being pushed for minutes...if he continues to shoot 24% from the field I think JJ needs to look for more PT for Mangrum, Thomas and Shorter.

As sloppy as we might've looked, Josh did only turn the ball over 4 times according to the box score. Overall we were pretty improved in that department from just a game or two ago. We turned it over more in the first half on the Stage than we did last night I believe.

Student section was not bad at all. There were at least a few butts in every row. Just a bit tame tonight I guess.

From what we would get at these holiday week games a few years ago, I thought it was a pretty good showing (it's all relative).

It was a very hard game to get into -- there were a few times we'd string together a couple of baskets and the crowd would be ready to burst open and we would turn it over. Still, it was a good blue print for a road game and the defense seems already way ahead of where it was last year. The offense should (knock on wood) come around in the next weeks. As long as we can get 2 of the Boise, Rice, A&M road trifecta, we should be in good shape heading into conference play.