Should Tune Get The Start

NT03

How about a poll to see how many think TD should stay or go.

We will have one after the Arkansas St game. If afraid if I did that one right now it would be 90% for TD to go , but maybe if he can beat ARK St some people might just be willing to give him 1 more year

I am a huge Riley fan, but he needs to sit after the last 2 games. The Army game was a disaster for him. Watching him, I can't tell if he is just flat out not looking for the safeties on his deep post throws or if he just doesn't see them. He's an unbelievable scrambling talent, but he needs more time to develop his arm and his field vision before he needs to start another game.

I am a huge Riley fan, but he needs to sit after the last 2 games. The Army game was a disaster for him. Watching him, I can't tell if he is just flat out not looking for the safeties on his deep post throws or if he just doesn't see them. He's an unbelievable scrambling talent, but he needs more time to develop his arm and his field vision before he needs to start another game.

I disagree, he may have been a high school wonder, but I see absolutely nothing that translates this to the college level. He is too short(he won't grow any taller), he chokes in game situations ( pick sixes, lack of ability to care for the ball), helter skelter scrambler with no plan when he runs (see Colt Mc Coy for a QB that scrambles with a purpose), Army hasn't been his only disaster, and don't think this team hasn't noticed that the annointed child prodigy of the head coach gets a LOOOOOOT more margin for error than the rest of them. I reluctantly have seen no leadership ability here just confusion. Tell me that with this offensive talent that a gutty, refuse to lose Scott Hall type would not have had 5 to 7 more wins. If TD leaves the loss of RD as a QB can only help this program.

There have been four different starting quarterbacks under Dodge - Meager, Vizza, Dodge, and Tune. The only one who hasn't turned the ball with regularity is Nathan Tune. I'm not saying he's better than the other three listed. I'm just saying.

What we really needs is for coach Dodge, or a the new coach if Dodge is fired - to recruit one or two JUCO quarterbacks to compete for the starting job. And, not just any JUCO quarterbacks. Get guys in here that are tall enough to see over the line and strong enough to give the offense a credible downfield threat.

There have been four different starting quarterbacks under Dodge - Meager, Vizza, Dodge, and Tune. The only one who hasn't turned the ball with regularity is Nathan Tune. I'm not saying he's better than the other three listed. I'm just saying.

What we really needs is for coach Dodge, or a the new coach if Dodge is fired - to recruit one or two JUCO quarterbacks to compete for the starting job. And, not just any JUCO quarterbacks. Get guys in here that are tall enough to see over the line and strong enough to give the offense a credible downfield threat.

If Tune was smart he should start asking for a release letter by then end of the year. Not saying he won't get any playing time. I'm just saying.