We Suck...

Daddy Dumpsalot

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the damn helmet sticker. We have been crappy ever since we started with the "north texas" in block lettering. it is time for a change.

King is right that Dodge is just too damn good too let go. the only problem is the sticker. it doesn't lead us to victory and is the source of all our hurt.

I know that Todd Dodge will be back as our head football coach in 2010 but may God help us all if that man is back in 2011.

Sitting there watching that tonight (Doubt there was more than 10,000) it was pretty much all on our offense. Defense did really well today. Sure they gave up some wide open WR's and such, but they came up with stops only for the offense to turn it right back over. Let's see, Riley had how many TD passes?

Sitting there watching that tonight (Doubt there was more than 10,000) it was pretty much all on our offense. Defense did really well today. Sure they gave up some wide open WR's and such, but they came up with stops only for the offense to turn it right back over. Let's see, Riley had how many TD passes?

Afternoon game is a good part of your attendence problem.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Bad team is another good part.

You could be right about the afternoon game with regards to alumni but why are there no students? Take away our band and we were probably outnumbered by the visitiors.

I'm afraid that we'll have to get used to afternoon games in November unless we're picked as a weekly game, Also until we get better lighting, I like the day games as far as being able to see. Of course, today I saw more than I wanted to see.

Lastly, if Dodge can't win at least one of the last three games then he doesn't deserve to come back next year. At least they were consistent this game...the offense, defense, special teams and coaching all stank. OK, the special teams weren't terrible; just bad.

This is true, something ADLER and I talked about before kickoff today.

But I'm going to be very interested to see the attendance for Army. Two years ago, we played a service academy in mid-November with a 3:00 p.m. kickoff, and we went into the game with a 1-7 record. We drew more than 26,000 people.

This year, we'll play a service academy in mid-November with a 3:00 p.m. kickoff, and our worst-case record going into the game will be 2-8. If there's a significant difference between the two attendances, I think that's a very, very bad sign.

Chan Gailey?

I know you're just screwing around... But, honestly?

The guy spent six years at Georgia Tech, and they never fell below 7 wins. He never finished below .500 in conference.

He spent two years as a head coach in the NFL, and he never posted a losing record.

He spent two years as a head coach in the World League, and he never posted a losing record.

He spent two years as the head coach at Troy when they were a D-II school... Both of them were winning seasons.

In 13 years as a head coach at D-II, 1-AA, 1-A, and the NFL... The only time the guy finished with a record below .500 was his one year with 1-AA Samford, when he went 5-6. One of those losses was a paycheck game against Auburn, and another was a road loss to eventual 1-AA National Champions Youngstown State.

He doesn't exactly inspire me, but at every level the guy NEVER LOSES MORE THAN HE WINS. If he was interested in any future opening here, I'd sure as hell love to see him interviewed. Because at the moment, getting to Mars seems easier than getting to 7 wins at North Texas.

Bad team is another good part.

You could be right about the afternoon game with regards to alumni but why are there no students? Take away our band and we were probably outnumbered by the visitiors.

I'm afraid that we'll have to get used to afternoon games in November unless we're picked as a weekly game, Also until we get better lighting, I like the day games as far as being able to see. Of course, today I saw more than I wanted to see.

Lastly, if Dodge can't win at least one of the last three games then he doesn't deserve to come back next year. At least they were consistent this game...the offense, defense, special teams and coaching all stank. OK, the special teams weren't terrible; just bad.

Lots of students work for one, and it is hard get off for a game at 3:00. Plus tailgating is a big part of our attendance and getting to a game and having any tailgate time before the game even for those that don't work is hard for a 3:00 pm game. But most importantly I have seen it first hand and know unless we are playing a team with a name our attendance will be poor. Earth to RV don't schedule games until 5 or 6:00 pm. This is just the case at North Texas and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I don't even think winning will do much for 3:00 pm games. Because during our bowl years we had the same results for 3:00pm games.

I know you're just screwing around... But, honestly?

The guy spent six years at Georgia Tech, and they never fell below 7 wins. He never finished below .500 in conference.

He spent two years as a head coach in the NFL, and he never posted a losing record.

He spent two years as a head coach in the World League, and he never posted a losing record.

He spent two years as the head coach at Troy when they were a D-II school... Both of them were winning seasons.

In 13 years as a head coach at D-II, 1-AA, 1-A, and the NFL... The only time the guy finished with a record below .500 was his one year with 1-AA Samford, when he went 5-6. One of those losses was a paycheck game against Auburn, and another was a road loss to eventual 1-AA National Champions Youngstown State.

He doesn't exactly inspire me, but at every level the guy NEVER LOSES MORE THAN HE WINS. If he was interested in any future opening here, I'd sure as hell love to see him interviewed. Because at the moment, getting to Mars seems easier than getting to 7 wins at North Texas.

In a heartbeat.

I thought the Special Teams were horrible today. The defense wasn't great, but I thought they played very well. The offense looked terrible. Can someone teach Riley how to the throw the ball away?

But I'm going to be very interested to see the attendance for Army. Two years ago, we played a service academy in mid-November with a 3:00 p.m. kickoff, and we went into the game with a 1-7 record. We drew more than 26,000 people.

This year, we'll play a service academy in mid-November with a 3:00 p.m. kickoff, and our worst-case record going into the game will be 2-8. If there's a significant difference between the two attendances, I think that's a very, very bad sign.

I think this game will be well attended but we may be outnumbered by Army fans. I think this games falls later in the season then Navy did.

I've rarely seen a more uninspired team that tonight. We were manhandled in every part of the game. More bad decisions by our offense - couldn't put any pressure on their QB - and they took our running game away.

I'm really starting to worry about this thing. We've regressed all the way back to bad offense, bad defense, and bad special teams - nothing worked right tonight.

I'm tired of seeing how far we are from being competitive in the Sun Belt - we are so far behind. Seeing tonight's game, I really can't say that we've made progress over the past 3 years.

That was in year one of Dodge. I wasn't at that game so I don't know how much of he crowd were Navy fans? I think with the recent tragedy at Fort Hood, we may see a large contingent of Army fans wanting to show their support and get some escape.

Thank you, ULM fans, for bringing just as may fans as were in our student section.

And the defense was NOT good. They were better than the frst 3 quarters of last week, but NOT good, NOT average, NOT ok, but bad. Really bad. Only 2 forced punts while the game was still competitive. Better than 0, but still bad. Non-UNT friend commented that ULM O-line shifted the line of scrimmage 3 yards downfield immediately after the snap on every running play. I watched, ad sure enough, the d-line was just getting blown off the ball.

The game plan for Dodge by every team should be to run blitz him and make him beat you deep. Thats what ULM did and it work well (same as MTSU).

Sitting in section E, I could really hear the grumbling of unhapiness with what was happening. This was the first time I have seen this type of disgruntledness (is that a word?) in the last 2 years .

Next week is our last chance at a win this year, but I really don't see it happening on the road.

I was very unimpressed with our D. Our DBs were absolutely scorched. I understand that Bush has been ready to go--give the guy some PT.

And yes, Riley was off. He played about like he did in the MUTS game. But our OL was manhandled like it rarely is. Riley was on the run all game long.

About the only real bright spot in this game was Darius Carey.

I've rarely seen a more uninspired team that tonight. We were manhandled in every part of the game. More bad decisions by our offense - couldn't put any pressure on their QB - and they took our running game away.

I'm really starting to worry about this thing. We've regressed all the way back to bad offense, bad defense, and bad special teams - nothing worked right tonight.

I'm tired of seeing how far we are from being competitive in the Sun Belt - we are so far behind. Seeing tonight's game, I really can't say that we've made progress over the past 3 years.

I think your first sentence covered it perfectly. Uninspired. A team coming off a win and I think I saw more focus at a middle school game last week. Just disheartening.