Isiah Lands No. 8 Recruit In Nation

untlynchka

Pretty strong statement there.

It is a compliment to the other coaches in the SBC that I cannot say they are the best.

Brady pretty much brought the entire LSU staff with him and a couple of ASU’s assistants have recently been noted as being among the best assistant coaches and in the nation. ASU is very, very lucky to have that staff and Brady & Company have gone out of their way to insure everyone in Jonesboro and throughout Arkansas that they are in this for the long hall. Why that is exciting to ASU fans will be evident after this season.

It is a compliment to the other coaches in the SBC that I cannot say they are the best.

Brady pretty much brought the entire LSU staff with him and a couple of ASU’s assistants have recently been noted as being among the best assistant coaches and in the nation. ASU is very, very lucky to have that staff and Brady & Company have gone out of their way to insure everyone in Jonesboro and throughout Arkansas that they are in this for the long hall. Why that is exciting to ASU fans will be evident after this season.

The Bullet owns LSU.

I don't take it as a compliment. I would argue that JJ and his staff are at the top, if not tops in the SBC, and much better than Brady and his staff. Win something and then come talk about who has the best coaching staff. Who noted ASU's assistants as being among the best in the nation?

Well, to be fair, Brady did lead LSU to one Final Four while he was there. So he does have that major skin on the wall. But that head coach FAU has also decent history in the tournament. And I'd argue that neither Brady or Jarvis are far and away the best coaches in the league.

I do suspect both will turn around their respective programs though.

I don't take it as a compliment. I would argue that JJ and his staff are at the top, if not tops in the SBC, and much better than Brady and his staff. Win something and then come talk about who has the best coaching staff. Who noted ASU's assistants as being among the best in the nation?

I'm one of the biggest Johnny Jones boosters there is, but he doesn't have the resume of a Brady or a Jarvis. Brady has a Final Four appearance, Jarvis took St. John's to the Elite Eight. I'm willing to give them another year or two before writing them off as inferior.

Trying to be objective, I'd rank JJ behind Jarvis and Brady, and probably close behind Ronnie Arrow. No knock on JJ, it's just that this conference has got some very talented and accomplished coaches.

The ASU assistant plaudits come from the past two years of rankings of "Top 25 Mid-Major Assistants". Not sure what the merits of the rankings are... I'm not familiar with the writer, Jason Belzer. But he ranked Elwynn McRoy 23rd this year, and also recognized Chad Dollar the year before.

I'm one of the biggest Johnny Jones boosters there is, but he doesn't have the resume of a Brady or a Jarvis. Brady has a Final Four appearance, Jarvis took St. John's to the Elite Eight. I'm willing to give them another year or two before writing them off as inferior.

Trying to be objective, I'd rank JJ behind Jarvis and Brady, and probably close behind Ronnie Arrow. No knock on JJ, it's just that this conference has got some very talented and accomplished coaches.

The ASU assistant plaudits come from the past two years of rankings of "Top 25 Mid-Major Assistants". Not sure what the merits of the rankings are... I'm not familiar with the writer, Jason Belzer. But he ranked Elwynn McRoy 23rd this year, and also recognized Chad Dollar the year before.

Funny thing about that LSU team that made the Final Four with Tyrus Thomas and Big Baby. I had a friend who was an Arkansas grad and another Miss. State alum who we knew that both told me that when LSU made the Final Four, ti was the best thing that could happen tot he rest of the SEC. Once it happened, Brady was going to receive an extension for sure. He was known for being such an underacheiving coach at LSU with so much talent, that even most LSU fans couldn't stand him. Of course, the extension came, LSU sucked the next two years, and Brady got fired (but he got a lot of bucks to walk out of the door b/c of that extension). Only Gottfired at Alabama had a worse reputation when it came to underachievement with the talent that was on the roster every year--and he went to an Elite Eight, as well and then got fired a few years later. I doubt very seriously that anyone is quaking in their boots here in the SBC that John Brady is now coaching in Jonesboro.

Edited by untjim1995

Funny thing about that LSU team that made the Final Four with Tyrus Thomas and Big Baby. I had a friend who was an Arkansas grad and another Miss. State alum who we knew that both told me that when LSU made the Final Four, ti was the best thing that could happen tot he rest of the SEC. Once it happened, Brady was going to receive an extension for sure. He was known for being such an underacheiving coach at LSU with so much talent, that even most LSU fans couldn't stand him. Of course, the extension came, LSU sucked the next two years, and Brady got fired (but he got a lot of bucks to walk out of the door b/c of that extension). Only Gottfired at Alabama had a worse reputation when it came to underachievement with the talent that was on the roster every year--and he went to an Elite Eight, as well and then got fired a few years later. I doubt very seriously that anyone is quaking in their boots here in the SBC that John Brady is now coaching in Jonesboro.

It is a fact that Brady had issues at LSU but I thought it was mostly with the press.

I also think when Brady took over at LSU they were either going on or coming off NCAA probation and most give him credit for rebuilding the program.

Fact is that ASU normally selects it head coach from less qualified candidates than their current assistants and no one in Arkansas doubts that Brady will not build a winner at ASU. That is unusual for Arkansas because the inferiority complex that permeates everything in the State, normally results in the Hawg fans and the state-wide media, attacking anything Non-Razorback and that has not been the case with Brady.

It is a fact that Brady had issues at LSU but I thought it was mostly with the press.

I also think when Brady took over at LSU they were either going on or coming off NCAA probation and most give him credit for rebuilding the program.

Fact is that ASU normally selects it head coach from less qualified candidates than their current assistants and no one in Arkansas doubts that Brady will not build a winner at ASU. That is unusual for Arkansas because the inferiority complex that permeates everything in the State, normally results in the Hawg fans and the state-wide media, attacking anything Non-Razorback and that has not been the case with Brady.

Well, I think we can sort of understand the media thing. Basically, down here, if you are not Big XII, then you matter very little to the media and casual fans. If you are not a former SWC team, you matter even less.

As for Brady, I think ASU got a good hire in him--don't get me wrong. I just think he needs this ASU gig to go well to build up his reputation again. Also, I think that the coach at UALR, Shields, is a heckuva coach and could make some moves upward if they make it to the NCAAs.