former receiver George Marshall arrested

LoveMG

The Kangaroo Kick AGAIN!!!! God, how many times does he think that is going to work??? And what the hell, is this RUGBY? G'Day Mate, but gimme a break, stop trying to punt the ball on the run!

Good comic relief, Aaron. I appreciate you bringing us all back down to what is the most important... criticizing Dickey! Just kidding, I will never eat crow again!

Have a good show tonight. Tell JayDub.. The Bigger the Better, he will know what I am tlaking about.

UNT 96,

Just curious, but were you ever a football player?

I just hope that you appreciate every other sport and organization as much as you appreciate the football team. From what I gather in your posts, the football team is the only sport and organization that deserves any accolades because of how hard they work. I hope that I am wrong about this, but judging by your posts in this thread, you are appreciative only of them!!! (Don't get me wrong though. I appreciate every bit of hard work that the football team puts in. I just want you to open up to the other hard work done by the other student athletes and organizations that put in lots of hours of hard work to represent the school like the Green Brigade.)

All I have to say is I wish he'd grabed a teacher hang tag for me too! (and no you cant get away with parking in the staff lot at wooten even for 15 mins..anybody have $38!? rolleyes.gif )

should be $35 for a no permit. And you're right, the parking officers hit lot 37-Wooton Hall- all the time. If you need to be in that building for 15 minutes your best bet is to park in front of Kendall Hall and drop a dime or two in the meter. Short walk and spaces are usually available.

UNT 96,

Just curious, but were you ever a football player?

I just hope that you appreciate every other sport and organization as much as you appreciate the football team. From what I gather in your posts, the football team is the only sport and organization that deserves any accolades because of how hard they work. I hope that I am wrong about this, but judging by your posts in this thread, you are appreciative only of them!!! (Don't get me wrong though. I appreciate every bit of hard work that the football team puts in. I just want you to open up to the other hard work done by the other student athletes and organizations that put in lots of hours of hard work to represent the school like the Green Brigade.)

Yeah, I helped feed the entire band before 3 football games because I enjoy giving away my money, time, and sewating so bad that I am miserable during the game. It is really obvious that I do not support them as a result of this.

I support all programs at NT. Football takes more time, energy, and than any other program. They are also the only entity that pays fort heir own way, along with paying for every other sport that we have - men's and women's - along with the cheerleaders - and yes, the band. So do I think they should be given free parking to go work out and lift weight at 5 in the morning in the offseason? Absolutely. Last time I checked, nobody ever risked their life while bringing in millions of dollars for the school by playing the trombone.

Enjoy your brisket next year.... again.

I believe that in the offseason, like in the summer, they should get to park for free because parking is not hard to find.

I, for the most part, agree with you about the football team being some of the hardest working people on campus. I may be just taking your posts a little in the wrong direction. It is hard to get a read on how people feel on subjects on the computer because we can't see faces or hear infliction in how we talk. But by reading your posts, it seemed to me at least that no one worked hard and football players were the only ones on campus who knew how to work hard. I may be wrong about your intentions. And thank you for cooking the brisket for the band. I didn't get the pleasure of meeting you this season when we came over to eat and did not know you helped on that venture. I hope that I get to meet you this upcoming season as I want to put faces to the people who post. So thank you again and if I have taken your posts in the wrong way, just let me know. I will let this matter go now.

Thanks UNT 96.

No big deal Fanatic,

I don't know how this post went off on this tangent and I probably shouldn't have even brought up the tailagte stuff. I just wanted to let you know that I do support all the programs. I never played football past junior high. I played soccer and baseball on high school. This discussion is much like a Title IX discussion. What resources should be used for whom and what is fair.. along with not depriving others of a resource to reward someone (the players) that already essentially being being rewarded with a scholarship. I do think that parking at Fouts Field is not any type of reward. Like I said before, parking at Fouts was free when I was there but nobody really used it unless they just had lots of extra time on there hands to wait around for shuttles. All of this should be taken care of when the stadium and practice facilities are moved accross the street. There will be athlete and BAND and employee parking for over there and that way the "free" parking cannot be used for classes, too. If someone wants to park over there and walk accross I-35 to catch a shuttle than so be it, let them. Not an easy answer to this but I don't think any of the groups (basketball, soccer, football, band, etc...) should be charged to park at a mandatory practice location. It would be unheard of at any other Div IA school and should be here, too. Does that Fouts Field lot really fill up? Maybe I am just really out of touch with how big NT has gotten.

I do think that the main money makers at NT should be given every extra legal perk allowed by NCAA rules. We have to do this in order to compete with other schools recruiting against us. If it is againt NCAA rules than there is nothing we can do about it but I seriously doubt it.

Thanks for all the you do. We will have a party after signing day at some neutral location and I would like to have as many students show up as possible. It is time to start planning tailgating for next season to give us something to do in the offseason and I want to continue what has already been started. We made great strides this year, next year should be even more fun.

aflack duck, are you in the ticket writing business at unt!??!!? STAY AWAY FROM MY CAR!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif But yeah, my ticket for no permit was $38 which is so insane to me. But thats what I get for wanting to park illegally in that lot I guess.

and unt lifter, bikes are also a source of tickets. You aren't allowed to ride them on campus. Last year police officers sat on THEIR bikes on this little hill and then speed after biker riders and gave them a ticket......yeah.....go figure.

As far as the band, other sports, and other student clubs and the time that they take.  Take the time you have to put into it and multiply it by 50 and you will be somewhat close to what the football players have to put in.

As someone who played Strong Safety, Centerfield, and tuba, I call this total baloney.

MGF- "And thank you for cooking the brisket for the band."

Actually FFR and his brother-in-law, as well as the (late and great) "Texican Grill" cooked the Brisket. 96 cooked burgers and hot-dogs for another game, and helped serve the brisket for the rest. He also provided a satellite dish (and other things) so that tailgaters could watch football games.

It is my hope that this tradition of feeding and "connecting" with the Green Brigade continues. I have never seen anything like this in the 30+ years of attending North Texas football games and I am sooooooo excited about the prospect of it continuing. tongue.gif

Actually FFR and his brother-in-law, as well as the (late and great) "Texican Grill" cooked the Brisket. 96 cooked burgers and hot-dogs for another game, and helped serve the brisket for the rest. He also provided a satellite dish (and other things) so that tailgaters could watch football games.

WOW! I guess I just imagined it all then. Does senility really come at 30? I am not going to go into the specifics about all of this but everyone chipped in to make all 5 home games tailgate friendly.

Texas Stranger - did you play Div IA football? Because I would say that being a trombone player in high school is a lot different than being one in college and in the same aspect.. being a football player in high school is a LOT different than playing at a Div IA school.

A couple of things about all this:

1) The football team is the most visible aspect of the university. (There are exceptions, Duke and Kansas with bball, but you get my drift.) As for it being more difficult than any other activity, that's up for debate, they probably put more time into it with practices, weight sessions, and film study, but a case could be made than an 800 runner on the track team has a "harder" time than an offensive tackle. And I know that the Green Brigade practices a lot and am as proud of them as anyone for winning every hafltime I have been to, but the sheer hours the two put in are not comparable. This is not a slight to the GB because football simply requires more time to prepare for than the band or dance team. The reason for that is football is not planned out perfectly. The GB knows where they will be every second of every song, whereas a WR may have to block a DE, OLB, S or call a hot route before the play, depending on the situation, that's a lot to prepare for. In short football compared to other activities: More time? Yes. More difficult? Debatable. More visible? Yes.

2) UNT96 did help cook the brisket in question, I saw him give some extra...um...flavor after the Denton-Denton Ryan game.