GREAT JOB!!! Navy Seals are special people who place themselves in harms way time and time again. Did you see how the Seals got to the site? My son Navy Lt. said gthey flew the Seals to the site and dropped them out the back of a C-130 about a mile from the Navy ship...thye made their way a mile to the ship and boarded it so the pirates would not realize that they were now on site. I think they shot the pirates (3 of them) from onboard the Nvaal vessel. Really great job. May God bless them. A great Easter present indeed. GO NAVY!!

GREAT JOB!!! Navy Seals are special people who place themselves in harms way time and time again. Did you see how the Seals got to the site? My son Navy Lt. said gthey flew the Seals to the site and dropped them out the back of a C-130 about a mile from the Navy ship...thye made their way a mile to the ship and boarded it so the pirates would not realize that they were now on site. I think they shot the pirates (3 of them) from onboard the Nvaal vessel. Really great job. May God bless them. A great Easter present indeed. GO NAVY!!

Seriously, from the beginning I thought the Navy would bring in a team of Seals. Those guys are the best of the best.

How many troops have they sent to Iraq an Afganistan? SCREW THEM.

I believe they sent troops to Iraq, but I am not sure about Afganistan, though I do understand what you are saying. I heard today we have 16 battle ships to patrol that vast area of seas.....but I might just send an aircraft carrier out there and when ships call in that they are having or see possible pirate ships, and let those jets go eliminate the pirates - have to believe that would cut down on some of them.

Thought it was a small, covered lifeboat they were on. Either way, they did a great job.

We do all the dirty work while the rest of the world gripes about the way we do it. Let them take care of themselves for a while.

Here's a thought. Stop paying ransoms and boats will stopped being hijacked.

Oh, and when you catch these pirates, do what was done to the carribean pirates. Hang them by the neck from the mast of the ship (ours or thiers) until thier bodies rot to the point of decapitation.

I pray we don't bring the last pirate to American soil for "trial". So many complications with this senerio. The biggest being the exposure of the identity of the Navy SEALS that participated in the rescue.

Im very happy and relieved that the Captain is safe, but there is a larger issue that has not been addressed. How in the hell did a 28 foot boat, with 4 pirates hold off United States Naval Warships for several days? The captain attempted to swim to safety on Friday, yet the US Navy did not have authorization to engage the 4 pirates, forcing the captain to return to the boat.

Agreed the SeALS did a fantastic job, but they should have been authorized to do that job several days ago. Amazing that the captain is alive.

This was a criminal event, not a terror strike. The US Navy has no autghority to act on its own in such cases, but must be asked to act by the owner of the ship/s in question. The life of the Captain was the largest issue in whether to shoot to kill or not and when. This was a criminal hostage situation and the FBI handled it at first as a hostage negotiation. Sticking point in the negotiations seems to have been the fact that the US was insisting on the fact that the pirates be required to be arrested and stand trial. That broke the negotiations down. At that point, iot became a much more "serious" situation for the Captain and plans were put in place to act when/if possible. Seems the three pirates showed themselves just at the same time (and wrong time for them) and the Seals took them out. Order to shoot was given by the Capt. of the Naval ship on site. I believe the name of the ship is the USS Bainbridge.

Somali pirates are now vowing revenge on US ships and their crews over the death of the three pirates. Yea, right! The captured pirate is said to be about 16 years old, and his age will definitely complicate any trial as he is a minor. Interesting...these "kids" can hijack ships, hold crews for ransom, take over and cature crews and ships, kill crew mwmbwrs, but still be treated as "minors" by the court. Nice. Perhaps they will find a way to try that kid as an "adult". Certainly should.

Here's an idea. Why not bring back the old convoy system used during WWII to guard against U-Boat attackes? With all the hi-tech GPS and routing going on these days in the merchant sea world of transportation, it would seem fairly easy to me to get 4-6 merchant ships together going the same direction through the dangerous waters off the west coast of Africa and use 1-2 Naval ships as a convoy guard. Seems as soon as it is no longer profitable to the pirates that they would give up the attacks. Sure, it would cost a bit to do, but after about a year of no profit, I would be the problem would lessen a great bit or disappear.

What do you think????

Like Bush didn't allow another terrorist attack on US soil after 9/11?

Oh yeah.

BTW, way to kill the funny.

Yep, definitely a Kay Bailey supporter. :D

Really hope they don't bring the last, 16 year old pirate here for trial. I don't even know if the federal system has juvenile provisions. Horrible idea.

KRAM, this is a high seas crime that occurred in internationl waters. The only role the FBI should have had was as hostage negotiators, and only because of thier expertise in the field (BUT, it's not like they have any experience negotiating this type of event). The operational jurisdiction should fall to the U.S. Navy.

Like Bush didn't allow another terrorist attack on US soil after 9/11?

Oh yeah.

BTW, way to kill the funny.

Not quite seeing the comparison. Had President Bush allowed the same situation to play out liek this, Id be upset too. There is NO excuse for not letting the military take action sooner.

Good to see our president taking steps to keep Americans safe from more terrorism!

Again, this was not a terrorist act...it was a criminal act and was handled accordingly and correctly and to a very good outcome. Our president had very little to do with it, but to the small extent that he was involed, yes, good for him. Hopefully, he will not find someone to apologize to for the actions of the United States in this case.

Folks, this event played out exactly as it should have played out. Sure, I would liked to have seen the Navy blow the pirates to "heck and back" sooner, but it seems to me that everyone handled the situation correctly, with patience and a steady hand...and when the time was right, the Naval Commander on site gave the order to fire! And, fire they did...strike one, strike two, strike three...pirates out!

Let's celebrate the victory. You may recall that the French stormed a sailboat in recent days that was being held hostage by pirates. Outcome there was not so good as the captain of the sailboat was killed in the assult.

GO NAVY...WAY TO GO SEALS!

Not quite seeing the comparison. Had President Bush allowed the same situation to play out liek this, Id be upset too. There is NO excuse for not letting the military take action sooner.

Except that it would have resulted in the captain being killed.

But like I say, I was being funny and you killed it.

I am ashamed to say I agree with you. J/K

This was the opportune time and the SEALS did what they are trained to do.

I give Obama credit only for allowing the use of Military force. Also I do see this as a National Security issue, so CNN and the Main Stream Media can suck it.

You don't know that, especially when he first attempted escape by jumping overboard and trying to swim away. But I love how the obama regurgitation machine swiftly stepped up to help him take credit only 11 minutes after he spoke to Cpt Phillips on the phone. CBS radio yesterday evening even went so far as to paint the image in their report that B.O. gave the order to shoot. LOL!

Rick