What Makes Brett Vito A Football Guru?

WOW!!!

The closest this guy has ever got to a jock is probably washing them. He looks like a writer for Home and Garden. Do the Home and Garden observation deck. Please Vito, your a peice of work if you have nothing good to report about UNT football, then quit reporting. Go tell Cantly to his face or any other player they can't play (good news or bad news). Your such a physical specimen. Oh by the way, did you get picked on when your little (or now) . Seek some counseling, Please !!!!!!!!! I would ban you from the site and get another reporter. Boycott this guys trash and opinions. UNT football site members and fans are better than this guy.Ban him.

Edited by greenblooded43

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did Vito claim to be a football guru? There are alot of sports journalists who have limited football playing experience.

Ban him from this message board because he isn't a football expert? Nobody would be left if that was a bannable offense.

No, because he takes low shots and he has made things personal. So, you feel this guy is for our football team? So, if he don't like it get off the forum. He claims to know alot with his opinions. Report the news. Don't make it what you want it. :D He is no Dale Hansen.

Don't ban him just boycott his Blog and his trash reports, then.

We will take a running poll of everytime he says something negative about the program. Starting Thursday. He is the reporter for our mean green football team.

Blog March 5th=2 Neg. opinions Also, he knows who should be playing.

Blog March 6th=5 Neg. opinions

Edited by greenblooded43

So what you're saying is you'd rather have someone write a blog that posts only good news/opinions about a football program that is 3-21. The brett vito topic is getting really old. If you don't like it, for god sakes stop reading it. I enjoy his updates, they are very informative. I know they are real, and not sugarcoated. When he gives positive news/opinions you can really take it seriously.

So what you're saying is you'd rather have someone write a blog that posts only good news/opinions about a football program that is 3-21. The brett vito topic is getting really old. If you don't like it, for god sakes stop reading it. I enjoy his updates, they are very informative. I know they are real, and not sugarcoated. When he gives positive news/opinions you can really take it seriously.

I agree. Why are some people so obsessed with Vito. The program has much bigger challenges than worrying about a sports journalist. I would suggest spending a little more time worry whether this current regime is going to get its act together and put a competitive product on the field.

I bet that Clayton guy on ESPN really tore it up on the gridiron.

Berman was a stud lineman........Buffet line man.

Vito provides free publicity to this program, and people come on here and attack him personally. I'll never understand it. Such an old topic.

Might want to rethink this looks thing. Expertise and ineptness have many faces and bodies. Want a good laugh, how about what people thought of John Wooden when he took over the UCLA basketball program. He never played the game and never looked like he had ever been on a court....it worked out OK for him. Vito is doing his best and I enjoy his work.

Might want to rethink this looks thing. Expertise and ineptness have many faces and bodies. Want a good laugh, how about what people thought of John Wooden when he took over the UCLA basketball program. He never played the game and never looked like he had ever been on a court....it worked out OK for him. Vito is doing his best and I enjoy his work.

I totally agree. Personally I think that someone should be banned from this forum for making fun of how someone physically looks.

What they're wearing is a different matter. You know, like when the director of the MGC showed up to official events and rarely wore anything green.....or anything that said North Texas or Mean Green on it. <_<

While I agree with your sentiment, Wooden did play the game.

"He is a member of the Basketball Hall of Fame as both a player (class of 1961) and as a coach (class of 1973)."

"After graduating in 1928, he attended Purdue University, located in West Lafayette, Indiana, where he was a three-time All-American guard. He helped lead the Boilermakers to the 1932 National Championship, as determined by a panel vote rather than an NCAA Tournament which began in 1939.[1] John Wooden was named All-Big Ten and All-Midwestern (1930–32) while at Purdue University where he was coached by Piggy Lambert. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wooden

What Vito looks like has nothing to do with his observations and how he is treated by Dodge and the football team in general. Brett is a good dude and just calls it like he sees it.

Brett has every right to do his thing. It's called journalism. He is not on the coolaid and that is what this board needs, some reality.

WOW!!!

The closest this guy has ever got to a jock is probably washing them. He looks like a writer for Home and Garden. Do the Home and Garden observation deck. Please Vito, your a peice of work if you have nothing good to report about UNT football, then quit reporting. Go tell Cantly to his face or any other player they can't play (good news or bad news). Your such a physical specimen. Oh by the way, did you get picked on when your little (or now) . Seek some counseling, Please !!!!!!!!! I would ban you from the site and get another reporter. Boycott this guys trash and opinions. UNT football site members and fans are better than this guy.Ban him.

Go read Troy Phillips if you need a daily dose of Dodge nuthugging. Wait a minute, Troy quit posting hate messages about Vito. :huh::lol:

Berman was a stud lineman........Buffet line man.

Vito provides free publicity to this program, and people come on here and attack him personally. I'll never understand it. Such an old topic.

My attack on him was what he does to the coaches and players. Look small or to fat or whatever this flunky comes up with. Why don't you report the things that matter. Like who is competing for positions, how Ausmus strength and conditioning program has helped so far. How the education is turning around. These are all foundations for a good program. That season is over. Time to look ahead

His blogs are opinions that I know for a fact are not on the money. If he supports our home team fine. Right now, he is a bad reporter. Get your facts before you say someone can't play or this may not happen.

By the way Wooden was a awesome basketball player

Espn have real football players or coaches as experts.

You have 18-20 year olds listening to this crap. Why would you want to play in this town with the great football expert, Vito, ripping on your every move and then speculate. It is always negative. This post will not go away as long as he has some respect for our football program. Vito sure don't help the fan base and recruiting. He is part of the problem as well. He is the one that makes it personal. ;)

Edited by greenblooded43

The closest this guy has ever got to a jock is probably washing them. He looks like a writer for Home and Garden. ... I would ban you from the site and get another reporter.

So you'd prefer a more good-looking man to cover the team? Any other personal admissions you'd like to get off your chest?

So you'd prefer a more good-looking man to cover the team? Any other personal admissions you'd like to get off your chest?

Actually, I was being a smart @#$% because he tends rip on everyone else. No just a better journalist for our UNT Football team. I made it personal because he does. Rcade are you one of his little puppet friends?

Edited by greenblooded43

Actually, I was being a smart @#$% because he tends rip on everyone else. No just a better journalist for our UNT Football team. I made it personal because he does. Rcade are you one of his little puppet friends?

Show me one specific example where he "made it personal." I bet you ripped Vizza on this board in stronger language than whatever Vito wrote that made you so mad. Why is it OK for you to say that Vizza is "not a gamer" and makes stupid decisions but it's not OK for Vito to state his opinion about players?

As for being his puppet friend, I'm Rogers Cadenhead, an alumnus and longtime fan. I don't know Vito at all. Who are you?

My attack on him was what he does to the coaches and players. Look small or to fat or whatever this flunky comes up with. Why don't you report the things that matter. Like who is competing for positions, how Ausmus strength and conditioning program has helped so far. How the education is turning around. These are all foundations for a good program. That season is over. Time to look ahead

His blogs are opinions that I know for a fact are not on the money. If he supports our home team fine. Right now, he is a bad reporter. Get your facts before you say someone can't play or this may not happen.

By the way Wooden was a awesome basketball player

Espn have real football players or coaches as experts.

You have 18-20 year olds listening to this crap. Why would you want to play in this town with the great football expert, Vito, ripping on your every move and then speculate. It is always negative. This post will not go away as long as he has some respect for our football program. Vito sure don't help the fan base and recruiting. He is part of the problem as well. He is the one that makes it personal. ;)

He is actually pretty good at doing what he does and the paper has to be loving him right now, because seemingly everything he writes about our pathetic football team gets many of you worked up. I guess its a good thing for some of you, that we are not in a BCS conference because if we were, 3-21 would be all over the papers nearly all the time but with more than one "Vitto".

By the way, do you think his writting is bad in basketball?

Vito is the BEAT REPORTER for the Mean Green but is not a fan. Want to know how I know this? In his latest article, he admits it by saying "If I was a Mean Green fan..." because he isn't a Mean Green fan. I have met him over the phone and in person and he is a NICE GUY but when you are a BEAT REPORTER it is different than being a normal journalist. You are essentially assigned to cover the teams and MOST beat reporters want those teams to succeed. Go watch the DNJ (MTSU) video blog with Monte Hale, now that is a beat reporter. Read the FAU beat reporter - he is a regular cheerleader for them. Vito doesn't like Dodge and it is evident. If he was smart, he would stop requesting papers through open records acts to try and make Dodge look like he is out of control and concentrate on doing his job. The pot scandal blew up because of our own beat reporter and our prized WR left because of it. Its embarrasing.

I do admit that he has fun with it but I would rather read Harry's articles on the team than Vito's - just because they are slanted towards being positive. I keep seeing people post that he is just being a reporter and reporters do this... well, that is true - but not BEAT REPORTERS... not that I have ever seen.

Show me one specific example where he "made it personal." I bet you ripped Vizza on this board in stronger language than whatever Vito wrote that made you so mad. Why is it OK for you to say that Vizza is "not a gamer" and makes stupid decisions but it's not OK for Vito to state his opinion about players?

As for being his puppet friend, I'm Rogers Cadenhead, an alumnus and longtime fan. I don't know Vito at all. Who are you?

Rcade my beef is not with you. My opinions are mine as a UNT fan and ex-college player in a top 25 program back in the day. If I said Vizza was not playing to his potential he probably wasn't. However, when you lose recruits and say players will not perform without even taken a snap you have problems. What I write doesn't mean nothing but, what he writes does. There is a difference he represents UNT Football. Basically, RV, Dodge, and staff have tried to make changes to win. Write about the Positives in the program. The negative is like beating a dead horse. Yes, they are 3-21., we all know that. All I know is I would like to see a little more profesionalism between him and the program. Talk about what they are trying to do to repair the damage of the last 2 years. I have seen a practice it looks like a team with some confidence, leadership and is being coached up. Vito,Talks about a position that maybe positive or negative for a player, a player may get injured, to short or fat,Whatever.

Vito is the BEAT REPORTER for the Mean Green but is not a fan. Want to know how I know this? In his latest article, he admits it by saying "If I was a Mean Green fan..." because he isn't a Mean Green fan. ... You are essentially assigned to cover the teams and MOST beat reporters want those teams to succeed. Go watch the DNJ (MTSU) video blog with Monte Hale, now that is a beat reporter. Read the FAU beat reporter - he is a regular cheerleader for them.

There are very few working sports reporters who would describe themselves as "fans" of the teams they cover. If Vito said he was a Mean Green fan, as you seem to wish he should, he'd be opening himself up to considerable mockery within journalism. To each his own, but I think a team beat reporter who is a "regular cheerleader" isn't doing the job right. Let the team and school sing their praises. Reporters should cover the teams good and bad.

rcade,

I did not set the precedent for beat reporters - that is just the way that things are. I am not requesting that our beat reporter do something different - I am just sad that he is not like every other beat reporter in the country. Beat reporters usually at least "like" the team that they cover and in turn they become fans... Vito once liked the Mean Green (and still likes the basketball teams), but he has a beef with Dodge (and vice versa, I assume)... You keep skewing the line between what a beat reporter really does and what Vito does. Why is this so hard to understand? Go pull up ANY of the other papers covering ANY of the other Belt schools and go back and read the beat reporters work. I do not think you will find any beat reporter using an open records act to "take down" the coach that he covers or constantly reminding the fan base how terrible the team was last year. Who reads the beat reporters work? The fans of his beat. Others just glance over it, probably looking at the title before they move on. The fans, the greenbloods - those are the people that actually read Vito's work. It is not real news - it is beat news. Am I the only one on this board that has ever worked for a newspaper?

Greenbat - where are ya buddy, can you please explain to these defenders of the free press the difference between a beat reporter and a journalist? It is entry level by nature - so entry level journalists want to work their way UP from that position. The do this by keeping good relations with those coaches so that they do not have to beat report the rest of their lives.

Back to what I was trying to explain - this is an entry level job and generally a beat reporter should keep good relations with the teams that they cover because if they don't, they will likely not get access to players, stories, or the field (in Vito's case). Because he does not have access to the team like he should, two things happen - he gets bitter and he doesn't get the whole story (which means we do not get the whole story, just Vito's distorted version of it). The problem is, Vito brough this on himself. Well, maybe they did it to each other - but regardless - Dodge does not need Vito, but Vito really does need Dodge. And as fans, we deserve a beat writer that can actually GET the story rather than guess what it is.

Beat writers are the lowest on the food chain at a newspaper. The only way you can go lower is to be a stringer for a team that doesn't even merit a beat writer (little interest in that team). Vito seems like a nice guy and has been more of a straight reporter lately - but he needs to kiss and make up with daddy Dodge.

There are very few working sports reporters who would describe themselves as "fans" of the teams they cover. If Vito said he was a Mean Green fan, as you seem to wish he should, he'd be opening himself up to considerable mockery within journalism. To each his own, but I think a team beat reporter who is a "regular cheerleader" isn't doing the job right. Let the team and school sing their praises. Reporters should cover the teams good and bad.

I never said that I wanted Vito to put it in print - it is very obvious that he isn't. I was watching the Middle beat reporter's video blog last night and he said something like, "For those of us cheering for the men in blue..." - while this does not come right out and say it, you could tell that the dude just loves his beat that he covers. That is the way it USUALLY is. And that is the way it was before Dodge got here, Vito had no problem with DD.