Not a bad move by the Cowboys...frees up some cap space, gets rid of a locker room problem and allows the focus to turn to Roy Williams as the go to receiver. I really don't see too much of a downside where for the Cowboys. Althgough, I do think TO is a very good receiver. Talent level has never seemed to be his challenge.

I agree with a guy who called the ticket (musers show) and basically said "Owens wouldn't have been a problem if Romo had just done what he is supposed to do and told him (TO) to sit down and shut up". If you are a leader (as the QB is supposed to be) it doesn't matter if you are talking to an all-pro or a rookie......you are supposed to be the leader! Tell them to shut the hell up!

I can't image either Roger Staubach or Troy Aikman (or Danny White for that matter) putting up with TO's BS.

I also can't imagine Tom Landry, or Jimmy Johnson putting up with him.

I agree with a guy who called the ticket (musers show) and basically said "Owens wouldn't have been a problem if Romo had just done what he is supposed to do and told him (TO) to sit down and shut up". If you are a leader (as the QB is supposed to be) it doesn't matter if you are talking to an all-pro or a rookie......you are supposed to be the leader! Tell them to shut the hell up!

I can't image either Roger Staubach or Troy Aikman (or Danny White for that matter) putting up with TO's BS.

Yep, that worked everywhere else he played. Face it, T.O.'s a cancer, will always be a cancer and will never shut up unless he tell's himself to.

It goes back to the head coach. If Romo knew he could tell TO to shut up and that the coach and front office had his back, he might have done it (I wouldn't bet on it, but we'd never know.) If he calls him out with no backing from authority, all he does is divide the team more. If he stays silent, he also divides the team more. He couldn't win because he didn't have any backing from the top.

• Downvote 1

It goes back to the head coach. If Romo knew he could tell TO to shut up and that the coach and front office had his back, he might have done it (I wouldn't bet on it, but we'd never know.) If he calls him out with no backing from authority, all he does is divide the team more. If he stays silent, he also divides the team more. He couldn't win because he didn't have any backing from the top.

BANGO!