Swim Team Ranked 10th

SUMG

Congrats to the team for getting much better....especially in the last 3-4 months:

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...;ATCLID=3638169

Great success considering this team has only one senior and is dominated by underclassmen.

Must be the youngest swimming and diving program in the country

OMG....this mid-major crap has invaded swimming too! Respecting mid-major polls is like getting a little pat on the head with some condescending fatherly voice saying something like, "I'm so proud of you, just get out there and keep trying and one of these days I'll let you carry my gym bag." The art of war is to get your enemy to accept defeat without ever firing a shot. That's exactly what's happening to schools like North Texas that continue to allow this crap. Our AD needs to get on the phone with every organization that publishes mid-major poop and demand that our University be removed. Anything less than that is acceptance on our part of a lower classification than we are entitled. We are either D1 or we are not. Mid-major is just the new 1-AA (or worse).

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like the term "mid majors", but I don't dislike the concept. The fact is that there are enormous differences in all sports in the amount spent, facilities, coaching, etc. between the haves and the have-nots. I see nothing wrong with trying to honor teams that do well compared to their piers in terms of similar resources.