Its A Ballgame If Osu Doesnt Hit 20 Threes..............

calvin

Well that is a little exaggeration but seems like they hit 20 of them. We have had games in the past where we have hit a ton so I know it goes both ways but I would like to have seen what the game would have been if they had only hit 8 or 9 threes. I think we are going to be just fine. We have good athletes and we rebounded well and most games those open 3's we had we fall. Only thing that concerns me is FT shooting and losing games in conference that we shouldnt. I think we have a chance to be good this year.

They hit 13 threes we hit 5. They missed 6 free throws, we miss 15. I am never happy with a loss but they outscore us by 24 behind the arc and by 9 at the line and we are still within 10 at the end of the game. I think we have reason to be optimistic. Josh White is a gamer, he always plays well against the Big 12.

My FT stat line doesnt add up, I guess the point I was trying to make was we missed an s-load of FT's.

We did miss a bunch, but I think our FT% ended up at 70%. Not fantastic, but not great. The bottom line is our guards shot poorly (2's and 3's), and our post-men didn't produce.

So we hit 35/50 FT's but were 5/22 from 3 point land, what I don't get is with our rebounding (did a great job of that) why didn't we push it inside more rather than pump it from 3 point land. Is it because of our size?

This shouldnt be a surprise... Johnny Jones teams have always lived and died by the three. You can have a big man working his ass off getting every board and not a single guard on these teams will reward the guy with the ball. Only guy that got the ball in the post when he wanted it or worked for it was Shawnson and I think it was all in fear of what would happen if he didnt get the rock

Edited by UNT_92_Fan

This shouldnt be a surprise... Johnny Jones teams have always lived and died by the three. You can have a big man working his ass off getting every board and not a single guard on these teams will reward the guy with the ball. Only guy that got the ball in the post when he wanted it or worked for it was Shawnson and I think it was all in fear of what would happen if he didnt get the rock

Which post should we have fed last night? Odufuwa wants to work 10 feet out, Howerton can't catch and Hogans offensive game is limited to put backs. Keith and Q got plenty of touches last season...but this year unless Howerton proves he knows how to simultainiously close his hands around a 29 inch diameter ball we really wont have a post threat.

Which post should we have fed last night? Odufuwa wants to work 10 feet out, Howerton can't catch and Hogans offensive game is limited to put backs. Keith and Q got plenty of touches last season...but this year unless Howerton proves he knows how to simultainiously close his hands around a 29 inch diameter ball we really wont have a post threat.

This is the most troubling thing about Odufuwa so far. I've seen him stand up and take a jump shot from one step inside the three point line several times.

I'm all in favor of our posts having a good outside shot, but to me that shows poor decision making. Either step one foot further back and take a real three, or use your size to drive and get an easier shot.