Projected Starting 5

My guess is:

1. White

2. Johnson

3. Thompson

4. Odufua

5. Howerton

I would love this line-up if you switched out McCoy for Thompson, and maybe Tramiel for Odufuwa. I think either McCoy or Dennis are best suited as sixth men, guys who can fill it up off the bench quickly. I think Thompson has tremendous upside, but I still hold out hope that McCoy could be a star here for a season. Upfront I'd feel a lot better with 6'8" 240 off the bench to play big minutes at the 4 and 5 rather than 6'7"-6'8", less than 200 lbs..plus it would mean Howerton is competent enough to start.

I still think you'll see White starting at the one, sliding to the two with Johnson replacing Dennis, McCoy and Thompson rotating at the three, Tramiel and Odufuwa up front with Howerton, Hogans and Stewart all fighting to be above mediocre for extra minutes

I would love this line-up if you switched out McCoy for Thompson, and maybe Tramiel for Odufuwa. I think either McCoy or Dennis are best suited as sixth men, guys who can fill it up off the bench quickly. I think Thompson has tremendous upside, but I still hold out hope that McCoy could be a star here for a season. Upfront I'd feel a lot better with 6'8" 240 off the bench to play big minutes at the 4 and 5 rather than 6'7"-6'8", less than 200 lbs..plus it would mean Howerton is competent enough to start.

I still think you'll see White starting at the one, sliding to the two with Johnson replacing Dennis, McCoy and Thompson rotating at the three, Tramiel and Odufuwa up front with Howerton, Hogans and Stewart all fighting to be above mediocre for extra minutes

CBL, you think Hogans is mediocre? I saw a ferocious defensive player with an accurate, though seldom used, jump shot last season.... Hogan's weakness was his free throws...

CBL, you think Hogans is mediocre? I saw a ferocious defensive player with an accurate, though seldom used, jump shot last season.... Hogan's weakness was his free throws...

From previous conversations, I think CBL sees Hogans as being in an unfortunate 'tweener' situation. He doesn't really have the build to be a true post and handle the 4, but he also doesn't quite have the outside game to be a 3.

He's got great intensity and shot blocking skills, and he's tenacious under the basket. But he doesn't quite have the frame to bang around and log starter minutes. And while his height and frame could make him an ideal 3, he may not have the outside shot to play on the wing.

I love Hogans, too... But after talking to CBL about him, I can understand the concern.

From previous conversations, I think CBL sees Hogans as being in an unfortunate 'tweener' situation. He doesn't really have the build to be a true post and handle the 4, but he also doesn't quite have the outside game to be a 3.

He's got great intensity and shot blocking skills, and he's tenacious under the basket. But he doesn't quite have the frame to bang around and log starter minutes. And while his height and frame could make him an ideal 3, he may not have the outside shot to play on the wing.

I love Hogans, too... But after talking to CBL about him, I can understand the concern.

You...listened... :blushing:

Chris, I do like Hogans...and was perfectly happy eating a bit of crow last season b/c I really thought JJ was throwing away a scholarship late last season. That said...yes, I do think that 2.5ppg and 3.0rpg is rather mediocre...I also think that 6'7" 195 is pretty small to be running out there for too many minutes a game at the 4, despite his toughness and work ethic. My hope is that Hogans can put on some smart weight, maybe getting him up to 215 or 220 while keeping his athleticism...I think, unlike Harold Stewart, Hogans has the frame to put on a few more pounds.

Chris, I do like Hogans...and was perfectly happy eating a bit of crow last season b/c I really thought JJ was throwing away a scholarship late last season. That said...yes, I do think that 2.5ppg and 3.0rpg is rather mediocre...I also think that 6'7" 195 is pretty small to be running out there for too many minutes a game at the 4, despite his toughness and work ethic. My hope is that Hogans can put on some smart weight, maybe getting him up to 215 or 220 while keeping his athleticism...I think, unlike Harold Stewart, Hogans has the frame to put on a few more pounds.

Good points. I know his offensive contribution were limited, but thought he played some great defense. Hopefully he can smartly bulk up a bit as you suggest. I always wondered why Stewart didn't try to put on some weight.

Well, the chimp we hired isn't very chatty. And we're still a little broken up about things... Staring wistfully at the old TY Sports tandem bicycle, digging through the memory box and looking at boardwalk caricatures and airbrushed t-shirts that commemorated our good times... The memories are all we have.

We loved you most of all. Even more than Brownie Sherridan.

Who is Edwards?

I think he meant Harold Stewart , not Edwards.

I think Stewart has a good shot at starting and if not log some very important minutes. I can't believe he's not getting more love from you guys. Yes , we have some great guards , but our success will depend on our post play and Stewart will be a major factor. He's 7th on the all time blocks list and our leading returning rebounder.

Edited by NT03

I think he meant Harold Stewart , not Edwards.

I think Stewart has a good shot at starting and if not log some very important minutes. I can't believe he's not getting more love from you guys. Yes , we have some great guards , but our success will depend on our post play and Stewart will be a major factor. He's 7th on the all time blocks list and our leading returning rebounder.

I thought maybe he meant Edwards... he hasn't been hear in a while though... I think Steward is good player, but he seems hot or cold. He needs to step it up on a consistent basis if he wants more time this season...

With this team I think JJ mixes up the starting lineup a few times. This is not a team full of proven players. The only guys with more then one year of playing time on this team are Howerton and Stewart! This is not 2006-07 with Bell, Davis, Watson, Q, and Wooden. Guys will have to step up and earn their spots in the starting 5.

This is not 2006-07 with Bell, Davis, Watson, Q, and Wooden. Guys will have to step up and earn their spots in the starting 5.

You are right about that... this team appears to be stacked....minutes will be hard earned.

I am not concerned about our inside game. If Oduwfwa and Trammiel and others display any ability to score with their back to the basket, we will be ok. Even in the years we had Williams and Wooden, it is not like they were all world. You only need to be a threat to help space the floor. I mean in their best years one of them averaged close to ten points a game. GMG

I wonder if the webmaster at meangreensports.com read your post.... Hogans is now listed at 215Lbs.