A Final Thank You.

FirefightnRick

Thank you to all of you who went with us over to the student side last night and thanked the greatest generation of students to ever walk the "Corridor of Years".

It was interesting at first when the students saw us walking down the aisle's and looking perplexed as if to say..."What the hell are these people doing?". Then when they saw the signs and realized what we were doing the look on their faces was priceless. I think many of them had even forgotten just exactly what they had done for this school a week ago and had already gone about their activities and such. It was great. They were so appreciative of us recognizing their efforts and we all hope they understood our heartfelt thank-you's.

My message to them, "when you come back 5, 10, 15 years from now with your kids and family and see the events surrounding the stadium and the campus and the successes gained by the money invested in this athletic program, you'll know then and see it with your own eye's and be able to point to it and show your family what YOU built".

So to you, the students here on GMG.com, a final thank you from all of us alumni. Job well done.

Rick

Thank you to all of you who went with us over to the student side last night and thanked the greatest generation of students to ever walk the "Corridor of Years".

It was interesting at first when the students saw us walking down the aisle's and looking perplexed as if to say..."What the hell are these people doing?". Then when they saw the signs and realized what we were doing the look on their faces was priceless. I think many of them had even forgotten just exactly what they had done for this school a week ago and had already gone about their activities and such. It was great. They were so appreciative of us recognizing their efforts and we all hope they understood our heartfelt thank-you's.

My message to them, "when you come back 5, 10, 15 years from now with your kids and family and see the events surrounding the stadium and the campus and the successes gained by the money invested in this athletic program, you'll know then and see it with your own eye's and be able to point to it and show your family what YOU built".

So to you, the students here on GMG.com, a final thank you from all of us alumni. Job well done.

Rick

FFR - I hope the photos turn out OK. As soon as I see them I'll post em here.

Also, it was good to meet you and to talk with you. Thanks.

I didnt get the chance to say it last night, but Rick, many of us and many who are involved with the school consider you one of, if not the best, alumni at this school. You have always shown your dedication and support for the university. The idea to thank the students, and your message to them showed them that we are all on the same page.

I know I speak for many others when I say, thank you for representing this university with pure class and dedication to making this the best university in the state.

PS - It was priceless to see you talking to the Daily yesterday.

Greatest Generation of Students???

Voting for a fee increase for future students is hardly worthy of a WW2 analogy.

RV deserves 99% of the credit for the stadium vote.

-The master plan

-The doing the project in phases

-The private donor fund raising

-Structuring the financing so the students only have to pay for the back end.

-Getting the student senate on board early.

Yes, the Greatest Generation of Students that ever walked the "Corridor of Years"....meaning, at North Texas. Years from now we will look back at

what they did in only 5 short days(very long for us alumni though) and remember them well.

Rick

Are you going to respond to the rest of my post?

Calling a bunch of kids who voted to raise a future bunch of kids the "greatest generation" is insulting to the Greatest Generations.

Just as Nick Sabin comparing Bama's loss to ULM to September 11th was inappropriate.

I'm glad the stadium vote passed.

Are you going to respond to the rest of my post?

Calling a bunch of kids who voted to raise a future bunch of kids the "greatest generation" is insulting to the Greatest Generations.

Just as Nick Sabin comparing Bama's loss to ULM to September 11th was inappropriate.

I'm glad the stadium vote passed.

SHAFT CHILL OUT!!!!! Everyone on this board is to sensitive and thinks they are the only one right about anything! I know we all have our great sources but more than likely none of us really knows completely what is going on. I know this has nothing to do with this post, but I cant stand all the attitudes lately.......

Thanks Rick! I am glad I could be apart of the student body that is going to change UNT forever!

Edited by LAZER

SHAFT CHILL OUT!!!!! Everyone on this board is to sensitive and thinks they are the only one right about anything! I know we all have our great sources but more than likely none of us really knows completely what is going on. I know this has nothing to do with this post, but I cant stand all the attitudes lately.......

Thanks Rick! I am glad I could be apart of the student body that is going to change UNT forever!

Hey, a big thanks to you and the rest of the student body; it was really forward thinking of y'all!