Are We Really Eating Lunch?

I think its perfectly fine to blame the old chef. He just kept making the same thing over and over and over....... Everyone in the damn place knew exactly what he was going to serve.

Quit blaming the old chef for everything wrong with this restaurant. Or else I might snap and kill you all.

Whatever problems the old chef had, it isn't right to diminish what he was able to achieve during his time in the kitchen. We might have minimized the importance of the meals he cooked at the time, and even more in hindsight... But to completely ignore what he did to turn this restaurant around is insulting.

Besides, at least he got off to a better start than the high school lunchlady we hired to run the kitchen now. It looks like she has no idea how to handle a restaurant as complex as this one.

Hey, I have NO problem with the new lunchlady. But I mean she lacks basic skills! Santation, basic food prep, knowing the four food groups. I have a hard time believing she didn't learn those things back in the high school cafeteria. I mean even if she didn't know those things moving up to the restaurant level, couldn't she just arrange for some classes from the Deprtment of Health and human services?

The old chef was all about meat and potatoes same meal day in and day out. And when we compalined about the fly in our roast beef he told us f*@%ers to kiss his a$$. I overheard him telling the other chefs that it was them versus us and if we didn't like roast beef then too f%&(^ing bad. It was only a matter of time after pulling that stunt and replacing all the tablecloths with black ones. What a kick to the nuts. The new chef is too tricked up. All expensive sauces and cheap meats. What was he thinking putting his son on expo. He is a damn first year sous chef for cryin out loud.

I heard no one was practicing dishwashing. If we don't practice dishwashing then the dishes will just pile up in the sink and we'll have 502 dirty dishes before too long. It is totally unheard of and unacceptable to not practice washing dishes. How can we ever expect the rest of the office to join us if we have a bunch of crappy dishwashers?

Edited by gangrene

I heard no one was practicing dishwashing. If we don't practice dishwashing then the dishes will just pile up in the sink and we'll have 502 dirty dishes before too long. It is totally unheard of and unacceptable to not practice washing dishes. How can we ever expect the rest of the office to join us if we have a bunch of crappy dishwashers?

My source tells me that the Lunchlady has them washing everything, even the Fine China. In fact, I read in the paper than in response to the recent rash of dirty dishes they will be spending even more time cleaning everything.

My source tells me that the Lunchlady has them washing everything, even the Fine China. In fact, I read in the paper than in response to the recent rash of dirty dishes they will be spending even more time cleaning everything.

I heard that the old lunch lady took some of the nice China. I read about it in the FWST Lunch Confidential blog.

I also cannot believe this thread made it past 5 posts...

• Downvote 1

God...I can't wait for that restaurant up the road to re-open in November.

God...I can't wait for that restaurant up the road to re-open in November.

Yeah but let's remember that although the restaurant up the road has had great food and a fun atmosphere the last two years, if the head chef doesn't win "Restaurant of the Year" next spring then he needs to start looking for a new job.

I'm really worried about the restaurant up the road. I'm not sure there's anything on the menu to replace those two really big entrées they've lost.

Its a legit concern...their apps and sides are great...maybe as great as they've ever been. There may be nights where you walk in to the place and the chef has surprised you with a tapas menu.