Dodge: Everyone Showed Up

Brett Vito

Is this right?

"UNT essentially gave up 28 points on special teams after Rice took advantage of the Mean Green's mistakes."

Rice scored two TDs off special teams fumbles=14 points. Other fumble was in the fourth quarter when they sat on the ball, even in our red zone. No other TDs off special teams that I can remember or find.

Not that it exactly matters.

Edited by flyeater

About damn time. I am starting to question the coaching here. Me and others on this board could have told him this during the middle of the season last year.

umm....it said that they were going to "increase" their tackling in practice, not start to tackle in practice. this is normal...when something sticks out as bad, you generally INCREASE the amount of time you spend on it.

umm....it said that they were going to "increase" their tackling in practice, not start to tackle in practice. this is normal...when something sticks out as bad, you generally INCREASE the amount of time you spend on it.

umm...I never said they didn't tackle in practice (by the looks of it, it wouldn't surprise me though). I was saying about damn time he realizes the need to INCREASE the amount of time spent in this area.

It appears now everyone may have showed up initially but some hearts were not into staying. What is going on? :(

Unfortunately, a 2-14 record, with many blowout losses, will begin to wear down a player's will to play the game. Losing isn't fun. Getting humiliated is even worse. Most of Dodge's recruits came from winning high school programs and all this losing is new to them. I'm just guessing, but maybe some can't hack it and have decided it's no longer worth their time and effort.

umm...I never said they didn't tackle in practice (by the looks of it, it wouldn't surprise me though). I was saying about damn time he realizes the need to INCREASE the amount of time spent in this area.

you quoted someone that had just stated about finally working on tackling in practice. you agreed, therefore, you said they didn't tackle in practice. that's how i read it....no bigs...

Edited by radiogreen

Unfortunately, a 2-14 record, with many blowout losses, will begin to wear down a player's will to play the game. Losing isn't fun. Getting humiliated is even worse. Most of Dodge's recruits came from winning high school programs and all this losing is new to them. I'm just guessing, but maybe some can't hack it and have decided it's no longer worth their time and effort.

Just for the record there are players on the team that where here before Dodge. Alot of them came from high school programs that were considered winning programs and even went to the state playoffs. Hey, some of them were all district from their areas. They have stuck with the football program through a lot more than 2-14. Oh that's right they weren't recruited by Dodge so they don't count. Doesn't say much for Dodge's recruits if they can't stick around when the going is tough especially when this is only their second year.

Just for the record there are players on the team that where here before Dodge. Alot of them came from high school programs that were considered winning programs and even went to the state playoffs. Hey, some of them were all district from their areas. They have stuck with the football program through a lot more than 2-14. Oh that's right they weren't recruited by Dodge so they don't count. Doesn't say much for Dodge's recruits if they can't stick around when the going is tough especially when this is only their second year.

What are your ties to the program? You've posted several thoughts recently that allude to the fact that you have "inside" information.

It appears now everyone may have showed up initially but some hearts were not into staying. What is going on? :(

I think it is a sign of some deeper programs within the program. We have definitely lost the momentum of Dodge's hiring with what is happening now. Unfortunately, this could have some effects on recruiting, and if the recruits are not aware of our problems, you can bet the other schools will let them know. I have no way of knowing what is going on for sure, but when I have heard Dodge talk, he seems to speak of how he treats his players. Maybe it is different in the locker room. I sure hope we can have something positive happen soon such as a win. But as it stands now, we have some serious problems within this program.