Middle In All Black...tonight On Espn

FirefightnRick

Other than the silver helmets, all Weatherford Pee Wee football teams, regardless of age bracket, are wearing that exact same looking scheme. All black with blue numbers and a blue stripe on the shoulder.

Rick

Speaking of all team being the same my best friend has a nephew who plays pee wee ball in Southlake. It's hilarious to watch the Dragons in green play the Dragons in white on one field with the Dragons in white playing the Dragons in black on the next field.

Awesome uniforms. I like the hell outta them.

Both teams have some damn good athletes on the field. A lot of speed and ripped (muscle wise) players getting after it.

I believe UNT will play a closer game with FAU than MTSU. The spread of the MUTS might give Deloach and defense fits.

MTSU cannot make any big plays on FAU. Rusty Smith is vulnerable to throwing picks if pressured. He throws off this back foot a lot and he has no foot speed. He sure reminds me of Bledsoe.

One of the "ESPN Interactive Tuesday" poll questions was "Should MTSU be wearing all black?" - I didn't see the results but I took one to the gut when I saw UNT missing from another one of their poll questions: "Who will win the Sunbelt?" - the only choices were Troy, MTSU, FAU or ASU. I remember once upon a time when there was little doubt the Mean Green would be crowned SBC champs, now we don't even merit recognition as a top 4 SBC school.

One of the "ESPN Interactive Tuesday" poll questions was "Should MTSU be wearing all black?" - I didn't see the results but I took one to the gut when I saw UNT missing from another one of their poll questions: "Who will win the Sunbelt?" - the only choices were Troy, MTSU, FAU or ASU. I remember once upon a time when there was little doubt the Mean Green would be crowned SBC champs, now we don't even merit recognition as a top 4 SBC school.

As if ESPN doesn't already have enough stuff on the screen while watching the game, tonight they add view comments at the top?

I hate to use this moment to talk about the Belt and how great it is for us - but I must. The league has evolved. A Tuesday night game is normally a nail in the coffin for attendance. Take that game and make it against an FAU team that people still don't really know that much about. Add to it that both teams have losing records... And top it off with the Belt being...err... the Belt. How many people show up to this terrible game from a "forced" rivalry in a league with no identity that is ranked towards the end of the spoectrum of the FBS leagues.... and you get a near sell-out. About 26K fans for a Nationally broadcast game. It is a shame that they didn't keep the crowd the whole game. Quite a few fans left early and didn't get to see the Hail Mary - but they won't make that mistake again... How bout them apples?

Edited by stebo

That was a hell of a game and the Belt provided a great game for the Nation tonight.

Is anyone else looking forward to that FAU Troy War that is on the horizon! FAU is going to play desperate and Troy is formidable period.

This is going to be a fun race and hopefully we can snag an upset before the year is over.

GMG