Chic

Wanda Jackson

Little Anthony and the Imperials

Metallica

Run-D.M.C.

the Stooges

War

Bobby Womack

I don't have a problem with any of these, but this is the first year Stevie Ray Vaughan could be nominated, and was not even put on the f'ing ballot!

Prog Rock giants "Rush" and "Yes" continue to get the shaft. Prompting Stephen Colbert to ask the band Rush "You guys are not in the ROCK and ROLL Hall Of Fame. Is the title of your next album going to be called , THIS IS BULL S***?"

Oh Yeah, I believe Madonna made it in on her first time around. Coincidentally, everyone who tried made it into Madonna their first time around.

Today I am sad.

The Rock n' Roll Hall lost all credibility with me when James Taylor was inducted...nothing personal toward James Taylor, I love his music and he is pretty high up on my list of people to see live before I invest in a 3 room apartment in the sky...however, James Taylor neither rocks nor rolls...not lyrically, not spiritually and certainly not musically(I make those distinctions because it isn't all about sound...Elliott Smith is punk with a whisper soft voice and accoustic guitar). They tried to save some face in the mid 2000s with The Ramones, The Talking Heads, The Clash and even R.E.M in 07...but last year was just pure give up...Mellencamp, Madonna and Leonard Cohen (again, love him...but really).

Off this list...give me Jeff Beck, The Stooges and a death exemption to Run-DMC

The Rock n' Roll Hall lost all credibility with me when James Taylor was inducted...nothing personal toward James Taylor, I love his music and he is pretty high up on my list of people to see live before I invest in a 3 room apartment in the sky...however, James Taylor neither rocks nor rolls...not lyrically, not spiritually and certainly not musically(I make those distinctions because it isn't all about sound...Elliott Smith is punk with a whisper soft voice and accoustic guitar). They tried to save some face in the mid 2000s with The Ramones, The Talking Heads, The Clash and even R.E.M in 07...but last year was just pure give up...Mellencamp, Madonna and Leonard Cohen (again, love him...but really).

Off this list...give me Jeff Beck, The Stooges and a death exemption to Run-DMC

Completely agree except for Mellencamp.

What is up with Leonard Cohen? It's not even pop much less rock.

James Taylor is great to see in concert. I saw him when I was a student at NT back in the early 90's. Then again in '97. Great shows!

Completely agree except for Mellencamp.

What is up with Leonard Cohen? It's not even pop much less rock.

James Taylor is great to see in concert. I saw him when I was a student at NT back in the early 90's. Then again in '97. Great shows!

Sorry...but I can't approve of the Mellencamp inclusion...I enjoy his work but it is rather generic...nothing unique or innovative. How about I tie it back around; no way Mellencamp ought to be in ahead of Stevie.

As for Cohen it may've just been a case of the Hall trying to be a bit more "Indie" or "underground." Most probably didn't even recognize the name...perhaps he would've been better suited under the influences induction.

Rush, Yes and SRV should be first ballot inductees.

Nominees for the 2009 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame are:

Jeff Beck

Chic

Wanda Jackson

Little Anthony and the Imperials

Metallica

Run-D.M.C.

the Stooges

War

Bobby Womack

I don't have a problem with any of these, but this is the first year Stevie Ray Vaughan could be nominated, and was not even put on the f'ing ballot!

Prog Rock giants "Rush" and "Yes" continue to get the shaft. Prompting Stephen Colbert to ask the band Rush "You guys are not in the ROCK and ROLL Hall Of Fame. Is the title of your next album going to be called , THIS IS BULL S***?"

Oh Yeah, I believe Madonna made it in on her first time around. Coincidentally, everyone who tried made it into Madonna their first time around.

Today I am sad.