Crazy Story Of Survival Coming Out Of Fort Worth

More proof how deparate people are getting these days and why you must be prepared to protect yourself and not rely on anyone else to do it for you.

We got up for a call at about 2:00 a.m. this morning and got word from medics that there had been an off duty FF injured during a home invasion. When we made the next call later on we found out it was a good friend and an academy classmate of mine who lives out near SilverEagle near the Saginaw/Eagle Mountain area. Apparantly two men had been casing his house, but only one broke into their house while he and his wife were watching a movie at about 9:00 p.m. last night. The man was armed with a gun, a hatchet and a three foot pipe. He s tarted wailing on Ron and his wife pretty good, looking for money and jewelry. He got $40 bucks at that time. He started to get upset because Ron's wife didn't have any expensive jewelry in the house, and told them his partner outside was going to kill Ron's mother-in-law, who lived out back in a guest house, if they didn't give up the good stuff. So at this point, Ron and his wife decided to jump on this guy for fear if they didn't her mother was going to be next. The other individual never came in the house and it's not clear if there ever was another? The gun was unloaded apparantly after Ron got it away from him and it wouldn't fire, so while he continued to struggle with him, his wife got a butcher knife and stabbed the POS to death. Both were taken to Harris Hospital. Ron has broken ribs, broken arm and lost several teeth, not sure about his wife. Several of us were going to go by and visit him when we got off duty this morning but we just got word that they have both now been released. Police are reporting that the house looks like a horror movie, and the suspect bled out on scene. I'll be sure to send thank you's to Ron and his wife Jill from all of us for eliminating one more sack of $hit that no one else will have to worry about.

I'll update with more details as I get them.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

What are the Texas home invasion stats compared to other states? Are we better off by virtue of our gun laws?

Hard one on this - I'd say yes because odds are that if someone you don't know forces their way into your home, they're not there to bring you cookies and milk. I figure they don't need a warning, they need two lumps of metal, center-mass or they need to have their carotid artery ventilated. I would think that when criminals realize that they're probably going to have their gray matter scattered on the carpet when they try to break into someone's home, they may refrain from attacking people.

But the real solution to this is something that'll take years to fix, and even with all the right socio-economic changes, still depends on the criminal-to-be's family and their own choices.

Score another one! Hahahah. You guys would be surprised at the AZ gun laws. You can walk around strapped with your gun in full view pretty much anywhere, including bars. I love hearing these stories...but sorry to hear your buddy and his wife were hurt in this one. I like it much better when the only one who gets hurt is the piece of crap that breaks in. Kill 'em all! We'll see how long break-ins continue when it gets to the point where every loser that breaks into somebody's house ends up dead!

More proof how deparate people are getting these days and why you must be prepared to protect yourself and not rely on anyone else to do it for you.

I'll be sure to send thank you's to Ron and his wife Jill from all of us for eliminating one more sack of $hit that no one else will have to worry about.

I'll update with more details as I get them.

Rick

My wife and I were talking about the need to be prepared due to the large number of home invasions just last night. You guys might have heard about the donut shop that was robbed in River Oaks a couple months ago. The lady being robbed ran to a nearby house and the neighbor came out with a shotgun and perforated the guy. It's getting to where these lowlifes will kill you for any reason--even if you give them money, and you're not safe in your own home. That robbery, and its proximity made us very aware that this can happen to anyone anywhere, and you must take precautions and be prepared to defend yourself. Good riddance.

Hells yeah...you guys think there will be more invasions? I think the more of the f-ckers that get blown away, and the more public the stories, the less likely they'll be to mess with us. We have families to protect, and I don't think there are many things more dangerous than a pissed-off parent.

My wife and I were talking about the need to be prepared due to the large number of home invasions just last night. You guys might have heard about the donut shop that was robbed in River Oaks a couple months ago. The lady being robbed ran to a nearby house and the neighbor came out with a shotgun and perforated the guy. It's getting to where these lowlifes will kill you for any reason--even if you give them money, and you're not safe in your own home. That robbery, and its proximity made us very aware that this can happen to anyone anywhere, and you must take precautions and be prepared to defend yourself. Good riddance.

I remember that also. Thank goodness for good neighbors. What is scary about what happened to Ron and Jill is, they live in somewhat a rural area with fewer traffic and people, and if you look at Channel 8's report below you'll see their front gate which separates their house and about 50 yards of land from the street. So this guy wasn't concerned about anything(not sure if they have dogs or not, I doubt it) and was willing to jump a well built fence and walk on up to the house. And as far back as their house sits from the road, the dude still knew Jill's mother was living in a guest house out back etc etc. I can't help but think he had to have come onto the property at some point in the past to know what he knew.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa...n.9cee6e56.html

Rick

• 1 month later...

I finally got a chacne to speak with Ron and his wife a while back and wanted to fill in what I learned from them just to give you an idea what it must be like to have to go through something like this.

Their house sits about 800 feet off from the street and the entire place is well fenced and gated. They have three large dogs(Lab, Shephard mix and Chow) that stay outside all of the time, and not one of them barked or made a sound when the guy came onto their property. Investigators believe that he possibly could have been feeding them? When he told me this I instantly thought of the Mybusters show earlier in the year in which they did everything they could to distract a professional guard dog and attempted to get past him. Everything the MyBusters crew attampted to distract the dog failed, except for feeding a steak to him. Hmm?

Ron said the guy came into the bedroom where they were watching tv and he was sitting in a chair with his back turned to the doorway. The guy walked in and immediately walked up behind him and baseball batted him right across the right side of his face, shattering the lower orbital and cheek and upper jaw areas. He said from that point on he was bleeding and dazed, but was able to follow commands and attempted to fight. Said the guy had the gun in one hand and the pipe in the other, and everytime they would try and talk the guy into leaving by giving him cash, jewelry and their laptop, if he moved at all the dude would whacked him across the head and face area. Eventually it got to the point where Jill offered the guy her keys to her car and asked him to take the car but just leave. In which the dude said "Oh, I'm gonna take your car alright, right after I blow his warm brains all over your feet". That was a direct qoute Ron said the guy told them. But he then stated that before he does, if they didn't give him the good stuff that he was going to kill Jill's mother who lived in a guest room out back. Apparantly he thought they had some kind of a large stash of cash on hand? So at this point Ron decided to do something and fight back.

He was, at the time, recovering from Knee surgery at home and was having a hard time moving around as it was. He said it was like a bad comedy show, everytime he would lunge for the gun, the guy would back up and whack him across the head. And when he did eventually grab ahold of the pipe, it would slip out of his hands because it was covered in blood. Jill said she thinks Ron took at least 10 to 12 whacks across the head and face all together. Eventually they got the guy down and Jill ran to the kitchen and got a steak knife, came back and started whaling on the guy and stabbing him. Ron said at some point the dude started tireing out and they think at this point must have been when Jill hit his femoral artery which led to him eventually bleeding out and dying after PD arrived. She then ran to the kitchen and called 911. At some point during all of this Ron overpowered the guy and got the gun away from him and attempted to shoot him but the gun was empty so it resulted back to hand to hand combat in which he was able to get his hands around the guy's kneck and crush his larynx, and then gouged both eyeballs out with his thumbs even though he said he doesn't know how because one of his hands was broken while trying to block one of the swings from the pipe. He said at this point the guy started to beg them to just let him die because he was dying anyways because he had HIV and the fighting stopped for a moment. Soon afterwards the cops came in, and amazingly, the guy started to fight them while they were trying to put handcuffs on him. Ron said when they drug him back away's from where he and the guy were struggling, undernieth was a finger knife that had apparantly fallen out of his waist band, and behind him he had a hatchet stuffed down his waist band in the back. So the dude was loaded with weapons like crazy.

I asked Ron if he had attempted to get his own guns and he said he did, that he kept them up in a closet but every time he would get up and move towards the closet the dude would hit him again, knocking him down and screaming at him to not moved or he was going to blow his head off all the while demanding for money.

Their injuries: Jill had cuts and scrapes mostly and lots and lots of bruises. Ron's upper jaw is wired together on the right side and he has already had one of three root canals and surgeries he believes he will need. The oral surgeon told him he will lose at least three teeth. One hand is broken and several ribs. Even though the guy didn't show up on any of the HIV treatment lists he did have an HIV patient treatment wristband so they are taking precautionary medications. The Medical Examiner dropped the ball in testing the guy's blood immediatly as is the case whenever a public servant is involved, and delayed the tests and I don't know what the outcome of that was. I'm sure they know by now and we will hear about it soon.

Ron and Jill are currently living with a relative and I was not shocked at all to hear their upbeat spirit because that is just how they both are. Great folks. Much of their house, living room, bed room and hallway's are having to be stripped of all carpet and sheetrock by a restoration company because of the amount of blood that was scattered throughout the ordeal. Ron said they didn't know what would become of the rock on their fireplace just yet because the company was having a difficult time getting the blood out of the pores of the rock?

Rick