Anyone Else See

Censored by Laurie

Guest JohnDenver

glass houses....stones....

The difference is, you don't see from the UNT camp saying, "There is no way we should be playing the SMU's of the world. We should be playing UT every season..."

If UNT has anything, it is humility and acceptance of futility. ;)

Yes and I also realize you made big bucks off your ass whippings....

I just think the "your team sucks worse than our team" thing is kind of funny...

I doubt seriously there was any mud slinging intended... I think there was mostly humor in this one. Every program with a new coach and offensive system gets the growing pains that follow. Hopefully both programs rebound some this season. I predicted four wins this year, and I'm still hoping that's possible. We'll know after the Rice game. (providing Houston is put back together enough for us to play that game there?)

GMG!!!

Why is everybody always calling me fat? :( Cause I am!!! You got half of it right! Fat dumb and happy! :lol:

Go Mean Green!

I am fat, dumb, and happy (most of the time). But I don't want my football team that way. SMU will never be anything, no matter who the coach is. Due to the admission standards, Jones will not be able to recruit the inner city to develop enough depth for his system to be viable. Why would an inner city kid want to attend SMU (unless they pay him good)? They don't. Oh, he will get a star here and there, but not enough to build the program the phonies think they deserve. I wish we would aspire to the Marshall's, Kansas St, and Boise's of the country. Not some snobby school like the SMU and their football Phonies. Go Mean Green! Soar to greater heights!

I am fat, dumb, and happy (most of the time). But I don't want my football team that way. SMU will never be anything, no matter who the coach is. Due to the admission standards, Jones will not be able to recruit the inner city to develop enough depth for his system to be viable. Why would an inner city kid want to attend SMU (unless they pay him good)? They don't. Oh, he will get a star here and there, but not enough to build the program the phonies think they deserve. I wish we would aspire to the Marshall's, Kansas St, and Boise's of the country. Not some snobby school like the SMU and their football Phonies. Go Mean Green! Soar to greater heights!

Actually in the last few years SMU has eased up a little on their admission standards for athletes. When Orsini first got to SMU that was his one thing he wanted to change and the administration finally agreed to it and sort of lower the standards and be lenient on the student athletes and their academics. SMU will be something again....I think the death penalty is really officially behind them and the hiring of June Jones will be a great hire for them and he will turn that puppy around.