Fw*telegram On Vizza Almost Half A Page

OldTimer

I am pretty sure Vizza stared 8 times but why get the facts straight.

And Tune is in a battle with Meager for the backup role, not Riley. Come on Troy, you're better than that.

Let's be happy with the coverage and quit bitching that those who give us some press aren't plugged in the way we all are.

For the love of GOD!

I know. Damn you all for expecting those who put out information about us to the general public to have their facts straight. When will lil' ol' NT stop having such high expectations. We ARE NOTbig time people!

I know. Damn you all for expecting those who put out information about us to the general public to have their facts straight. When will lil' ol' NT stop having such high expectations. We ARE NOTbig time people!

I'm sure they have never misstated information about Texas, SMU, Tech, A&M, TCU... Get real.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Our posters are right about the glitches but the spirit of the article is that Vizza got almost a half page in the Star-Telegram. I think that Vizza shakes the sophomore jinx and has a helluva year. The reason, as noted, videotaping. Those tapes help you to see your mistakes so that you don't repeat them.

The best passer that we've ever had IMO was Steve Ramsey. But, he had one great fault...he thought that he could complete every pass that the threw. He'd try to thread the needle into double coverage rather than throw it away. Consequently, he had more interceptions than any of our other good quarterbacks. I think that Vizza was a little like that last year. The other factor was a porous line, especially as he rolled right. I think that the videotapes will help correct that, both from the quarterback's and line's point of view. I look for his interception rate to go way down this year while gaining on the number of touchdowns. This should be Vizza's year!

Today is the day for the big "Football" section in both the FWST and

DMN. I have not seen either one yet.

I would like to know which football section of the 2 newspapers

has the best NT review?

I would bet the one in the DMN is the same one that was in the DRC.

Pretty sure these football preview stories are written weeks before two-deeps are released. I notice it every year with lots of preview articles, because so much changes in 3 weeks, and they don't go back and change stuff. I got the gist of the story just fine. Until Tuesday, I don't remember Tune ever making a UNT two-deep.

As for the 10 games started, that's wrong, but Vizza played in 10 games, so you're getting a little riled over an honest mistake.

I hope this doesn't come off as arrogant, but rather a personalized explanation...

"Back in the day" when I got lots of press, there were lots of times I'd get misquoted or the writer would get their facts wrong. I'd get pissed for a minute, then take a step back and pretend I was Joe Q. Public, knowing little or nothing about the subject being discussed. If I was that guy, would I still see the article in a favorable light? Usually, the answer was "yes". Even when the writers make mistakes, if most readers will still come away with a positive image of me (in this case, our team), is it a good article for me? I'd say yes.

Let's be happy with the coverage and quit bitching that those who give us some press aren't plugged in the way we all are.

For the love of GOD!

If your main job is to cover team x as a writer then you should be getting better insider news and be more knowledgeable about team x than the general fan. Otherwise you're just a schmuck with an opinion, like us. :P

Edited by NT80