Top 10 College Coaches On The Rise

DeepGreen

Guest GrayEagleOne

With the most improved offense in the FBS last year, I can see his possibly having a breakout year and maybe even moving up in a few years, but OU Offensive Coordinator? If he can't get a top head coaching job, he might as well stay put.

With the most improved offense in the FBS last year, I can see his possibly having a breakout year and maybe even moving up in a few years, but OU Offensive Coordinator? If he can't get a top head coaching job, he might as well stay put.

We better start raising the money to get him to stay, (if he starts winning) just like the folks down i 35 did to get jj to :P come here.

That is some REALLY great press exposure for UNT, especially being placed side by side with those other institutions.

I wouldnt worry about him walking away from UNT soon. The guy is a H.C, period. He certainly would be worthy of a O.C. at a really big powerhouse, but, I dont think he would take that position only hoping he's in-line to be promoted someday to that teams H.C. There's no guarantee for that scenario.

Also, I really think he's loyal not only to UNT, but to his own son. Riley really stepped up and make a big life decision to go here instead of U.T., mostly in part to loyalty to his father. I'm sure T.D. will return that loyalty and would never leave before Riley leaves. That's 5 years guys. Alot can change a man in 5 years. A football program can change dramatically in 5 years.

THIS program WILL change dramatically... Hang on, it's going to be a fun ride!

I thought it interesting the Jim Harbaugh was at #9. Harbaugh was one of the finalists for the job Todd Dodge got.

Join the Mean Green Club

Donate money to make the new Stadium reality

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Yes, I've been watching Jim Harbaugh's coaching career quite intently for that very reason. Not that I'm unhappy with Todd Dodge, but I'll always wonder if Harbaugh would have accepted the UNT job had it been offered.

I do not see him leaving for anything less than a HC position. The time line for his departure I have no clue on, I'm just enjoying the ride while he is here. But OC at OK, give me a break!

It is apparent he has an offensive mind...but allowing 46 points a game while in the Sunbelt wont really get a coach anywhere. There needs to be a lot of attention and splashes for this NT program for Dodge to really get the kind of offer so many people on this board are talking about. Do you really think an upper level BCS school would offer him a HC position??? Thats very funny because if the next two or three years are anything like this past season then he whole heartedly deserves to get the boot.

It is apparent he has an offensive mind...but allowing 46 points a game while in the Sunbelt wont really get a coach anywhere. There needs to be a lot of attention and splashes for this NT program for Dodge to really get the kind of offer so many people on this board are talking about. Do you really think an upper level BCS school would offer him a HC position??? Thats very funny because if the next two or three years are anything like this past season then he whole heartedly deserves to get the boot.

Have we forgotten that "the Tuna" called him in for an interview to be an assistant for the Cowboys? I think they were looking at him to be the TE coach. But keep in mind that there were/are thousands of coaches out there with lots of college/pro experience that would have jumped at that opportunity. So, in his situation, that would have been jumping from HS to PROS.

I've advocated this for a long time, so I'll mention it again. We need to be looking around NOW for the next hot up and coming coach to replace TD.

TD could stay here longer than four years for various reasons. But if he's as successful as we all hope he will be, four additional years will probably be the max. By that time, Riley will be in (or close) to his senior season, and TD's daughter should be approaching her senior year in HS. At that point, something dramatic would have had to occur in our fund raising and/or giving by our alumni for us to out-bid schools who are already paying coaches 2mil per year.

Does anyone think that, even with a dramatic improvement in our record in the next four years, our current fund raising staff will seize the opportunity to get more people involved in giving to the athletic program? I don't know about the rest of you, but since the hiring of TD I haven't been impressed.

Edited by SilverEagle