The Friday Night D-rc Blog

SUMG

i thought leppo was the slc guy that was going here, but then turned it down to go to stanford or rice or something....was i mistaken?

I think you're thinking of Derek Tomlin---the LB who decided to go Vandy on his own. I think that was the last I heard... I may be wrong though.

Glad to have him on the team, though. Is Bill Mercer still teaching any writing courses up there?

Last I heard, yes. I took both semesters of B'cast Sports and really enjoyed it. I see Craig Way (voice of the 'Horns and Bill Mercer disciple) every few months and I always ask about Bill b/c they stay in close contact. He's doing well. I read Bill's book a few months back. It's worth the read if only for his NT and Wrasslin stories. It's called "Play by Play". He's a pretty good teacher.

I think you're thinking of Derek Tomlin---the LB who decided to go Vandy on his own. I think that was the last I heard... I may be wrong though.

Seems like I read somewhere that Tomlin is going to Texas A & M this fall. I don't know if he's planning on playing football though.

I took Bill's Radio TV Announcing class Fall '71. You had to be truly professional to get an A in his class. Only one guy got an A and he was older and had been working onair for several years. I got a B and was damned proud of it. He has a lot of good stories to tell, especially about old DFW area media guys!

GMG!