Just Had A Bunch Of Ksu Fans Join The Board

Harry

Well I don't want to brag but I just started my dynasty last night with North Texas and beat Kansas State 47-26 with Vizza throwing for a little over 400 yards, 3 Tds and 2 INTs as well as Fitz hauling in a little over 100 receiving yards and a touchdown. I'll keep my fingers crossed that my PS3 can predict the future :)

That's odd I simulated mine and it had KSU winning big. :D Of course I've got the 360 version so maybe that's the difference.

Ayo

Well I don't want to brag but I just started my dynasty last night with North Texas and beat Kansas State 47-26 with Vizza throwing for a little over 400 yards, 3 Tds and 2 INTs as well as Fitz hauling in a little over 100 receiving yards and a touchdown. I'll keep my fingers crossed that my PS3 can predict the future :)

Guest JohnDenver

o really i played the same game on my 360 yesterday. I think KSU won 56-3 with Freeman throwing for 6 td's and around 400+ yards. With Deon Murphy taking a punt back for a td.

Who? Never heard of them...

But I don't follow the BCS very closely. ;)

Name sounds familiar what position does he play? and have you guys ever heard of Kenny Sessions part of this years recruiting class?

I may be wrong, but I think it was between us and KSU for Mr. Horton. Anyway, he's the juco DE that we all are bemoaning the loss of, right now. He didn't get his grades....and won't be joining us this fall.

Not sure about Kenny Sessions.

I may be wrong, but I think it was between us and KSU for Mr. Horton. Anyway, he's the juco DE that we all are bemoaning the loss of, right now. He didn't get his grades....and won't be joining us this fall.

Not sure about Kenny Sessions.

My mistake about Sessions he is from Oklahoma not Texas thought for some reason he was from Texas. Ok i know who he is now didnt make grades well we had about 3 or 4 High School guys with the same type of problem.

no clue who Dunbar is and for the season what are your guys strengths and weaknesses?

/puts the kneejerker aside

Skill positions:

Dunbar is a RB we're really excited about, but he might not see the field this much because we've got two great ones ahead of him. Micah Mosley is a great back to have around; as a true frosh last year it was a breath of fresh air to see a kid consistently get that extra 4th yard...and IIRC, he's pretty good catching it out of the back field and providing pass protection when needed.

Cam Montgomery is a JUCO RB we picked up last year with an incredibly high ceiling. Unfortunately, injuries hampered him all year and we never really had a chance to see him blossom. We're super excited about this guy, a tough runner that supposedly brings an extra gear to the table when replacing Mosley.

Think of Cam and Micah as StarterA and StarterB. We don't know who will take the field first, but they're both capable and suite the offense well. It's a good thing because...

....they might be running for their lives.

In the Trenches:

Our biggest fear. We are young and tough on the o-line, but another year into the system should prove positive dividends. This group is always going to go through the toughest transition when going from a double-TE offense to a spread. Having said that, we're an injury away from being devastated on the offensive side.

On the defensive side, we've already said that we lost our projected two starting DEs. Rumors abound that this is just the beginning for us ( :ph34r: ). We'll see. Leaning on last year's defense for familiarity is moot. That DC was in over his head (God bless him), and we've got a new guy, but with some green in his blood. Newly re-hired DC Gary DeLoach led our unit to a top-10 ranking in 2002. We're excited about having him back, and this year we made need his A-game. Expect a lot of disguises in the secondary, and blitz packages to overcome any lack of production on the D-line.

Our back 7 is respectably athletic, but remarkably young and unproven. I'm not so worried about them, as I am anxious to see how they will blossom under the new tutolage.

As for QB, I have to choose my words carefully here. We've got a true Soph running the show that we (including myself) absolutely love. He's Chuck Norris on the field and will throw a bullet through your FS's torso to get the ball to his open man. Your secondary may not think we're open, but Vizza will fool them all. Behind him is a more-than capable senior backup named Maeger who can move the chains and pile the yards with the best of them. Yay SMU! Waiting in the wings is Riley Dodge, son of head coach and resident offensive all-natural. Riley is the media fav, dropped an offer from Texas (athlete) to play QB for the pop. A few lbs lighter than Mizzou's Daniel, but a full step faster than most quarterbacks any of us have probably ever seen. He's coming here to take the starting job NOW, so it'll be interesting to see how Vizza and pop-Dodge handle this.

Receivers (getting close to end of break here, so to wrap up)

We've got a stable of talent that will run circles around your silly secondary hopefuls. Don't even bother with counter point. Fitzgerald and Dibrell will slice and dice you to death with ridiculously precise routes and acrobatic grabs. And we've got a couple of athletic wolves in Roberson and King that will eat the remaining flesh. Evan Fentriss will catch everything thrown his way and tumble his way over any coverage you throw at him.

I'd elaborat on the LBs, and cover depth a bit more, but I'm back to work. This weekend I'm throwing together a thread that will look at the size of our projected two deep in the trenches, vs. the same for all our opponents. I think games are won and lost in the trenches, and it will say a lot about what we're up against.

Putting the green koolaid aside, I think you guys are a tall task but have a lot of question marks. The first game of the year is always the best time to catch the Big Sixers off guard and pull the upset. Our skill positions may be running for their lives, but I wouldn't be a fan if I didn't think we can do this.

-stv

Edited by greenminer

nice ok here are our Strengths and Weaknesses:

QB's:

Josh Freeman 6'6 250 a very big qb who hopes to have a breakout season this year. With his best OL yet. But if Freeman has a great year this year some people are saying he might be the #1 qb in the 2010 draft. But it all depends on his play this year.

RB's

As i said earlier this might be a intrested position for us as our starter Leon Patton ran into some legal troubles. But we have a juco transfer still becoming elgible Daniel Thomas 4 Star Athlete played QB at his juco. Then we have Kenithen Valentine Walk on Rb had a great spring will be a possible suprize starter. The backups for them are a couple of speedy little guys a 5'7 Dee Bell and a 5'9 Justin Woods both are Redshirt Freshman

WR's/TE's:

Well most of you might know Jordy Nelson after losing him we had some rebuilding to do. We return Deon Murphy very very fast. Ernie Pierce and Cedric Wilson both are 4th and 5th WR. The Beast known as Lamark Brown 6'3 225 alot of KSU fans want to use him as a H-back type of guy. We have 4 Juco transfers coming in the most notable is proably Aubrey Quarles 6'3 205 out of San Francisco CC. As for the Te's we return Jeron Mestrud a very good recieving tight end had around 400 some yards recieving last year.

OL's:

This will be one of the biggest strengths of the team pretty much the whole line is full of Juniors and Seniors. Phil Steele listing them as the 17th best OL in the country.

DL:

There still might be some ?'s about the DL for DE's we have Ian Campbell a stud DE in the 3-4 he and other guys will switch in and out of that DE spot. On the DL most people think a juco transfer Daniel Calvin 6-4 300+. Also contending for spots on the DL Xzavier Stewart, Brandon Balkolm, and Gabriel Crews

LB's:

This also might be a qustionable spot but if the playmakers show up these guys could be great most people are saying this will be hit or miss LB crew. Led by Reggie Walker Antwon Moore and transfer Olu Hall. The other spot might go to one of these 3 guys John Houlik, Hansen Sekona, or Ulla Pomele. The player I am most excited about is Olu Hall a transfer from Virgina he has been gettin some rave reviews. Last year he was on scout team and I heard he tore apart the O-Line and was always creating havoc.

CB's:

They should be improved from last year by gaining a very important player back in Joshua Moore a standout from Florida. They also have about 3 juco transfers coming in most importantly Blair Irvin a former minor league baseball player. He commited to Auburn out of high school and he is very fast. Safety's will be pretty good with Gary Chandler and Chris Carney. Chandler was the Big 12's Defenseive Newcomer of the year. Carney i belive led the team in picks last year.

ST's

We have are Kicker back in Brooks Rossman he is a very solid kicker which I was impressed with. But we lost Tim Reyer a Ray Guy Semifinalist. But we have the Juco 1st Team All American puner George Pierson. As for the Kick Returners an Punt Returns that will be lead by Deon Murphy Phil Steele ranked him as the #1 Punt Returner in the nation this year.

So im looking forward to Aug 30th hope you guys can make the trip to the Little Apple.

I failed to mention another wideout, Stickler, who many are anxious to see. He is reliable, and I look forward to seeing him play.

There are also a couple of redshirt frosh on the lines that I'm pumped about: Troy Franklin and Jordan Scroggins (sp?).

Also: I love DeLoach, but it would be a miracle to expect his schemes at 100% on day 1. His 2002 unit was amazing, but I realize it took 5 - 6 years of work to get there. Still, his players love him and love learning from him. They will come to play and play very hard.

Edited by greenminer