Top Ten Underrated Non-conference Games

7. Troy @ Ohio State

6. SMU @ Navy

5. Florida Atlantic @ Michigan State

giovanni-vizza.jpg

2. North Texas @ Rice

Here’s a game I’d pay the price of admission for. I was hoping for a New Mexico State/North Texas game earlier this year when both teams had an opening on the slate, but most fans of high-octane passing attacks will settle for this.

Neither of these two teams are that great right now. North Texas struggled to stop anybody and had the worst defense in the nation by far, I don’t care what the stats say regarding total defense. Okay, maybe not. Perhaps it was Rice with the worst defense in the nation. Either way, it doesn’t matter because these omnipotent passers of potency (Chase Clement and Giovanni Vizza/Riley Dodge) should have their way with two pass defenses that don’t even have a prayer. North Texas ranked 18th in passing offense and lit up multiple Sun Belt teams. Rice’s was actually better statistically (15th) even though the Mean Green passing game may have gotten more publicity.

Basically, if you like passing and points, this game may shatter the records. If you thought the 74-62 scoring fest of Navy and North Texas was fun (to at least read about, tough to watch it), this game could be even better

Top Ten Underrated Non-Conference Games

http://inthebleachers.net/non-bcs-conferen...nference-games/

DeLoach will not let anyone put more than 70 on us again.

The LSU game could be pretty rough. But, I certainly don't expect the same kind of complete defensive meltdowns that we had last year.

I am excited as hell about Coach DeLoach being back with the team.

Does anyone really think FAU is going to sneak up on Michigan State like Appalacian State did against Michigan in the upset of the century year?

How is this game similar to that at all - other than the use of the word Michigan in one team name?