3 Things I Can't Wait To See This Fall In The Sun Belt

Also, did anyone else see FAU's OOC sched? That is a little brutal. We concern ourselves with "body bag Games" against LSU, they have three potental ones, well maybe two, minnesota could be a good game. But State and Texas is a bigger tandem than our Kstate and LSU.

six of the Owls' first eight games are on the road, including trips to Texas, Michigan State and Minnesota

I didn't realize that Vizza thew for so many yards 92300 in 8 games).

At that yds/gm kind of pace; that would pace out to 3,600 yards on a 12 games season. That would be impressive.

Pretty impressive stat of 11,537.5 yards per game last year.

Also, did anyone else see FAU's OOC sched? That is a little brutal. We concern ourselves with "body bag Games" against LSU, they have three potental ones, well maybe two, minnesota could be a good game. But State and Texas is a bigger tandem than our Kstate and LSU.

six of the Owls' first eight games are on the road, including trips to Texas, Michigan State and Minnesota

FAU could go 12-0 this season. According to Phil Steele, their strength of schedule is 119 out of 120 teams. That's pretty weak. The way Steele ranked teams was based solely on the records of the teams in 2007 on anotehr teams schedule. So, in terms of wins and losses, the teams FAU plays this year didn't do so hot. Do I believe they'll go 12-0? Probably not. I think Texas, Michigan State, and one Sunbelt team will beat them, probably ULM. Giving them a 9-3 record with ULM taking the bowl.

I like the way they are playing a team like Mn. I agree they should be able to beat them.

They beat Minnesota last year, by three points , it's their claim to fame, even though Minnesota went 1-11 last season.

Don't forget they also beat Troy after Troy had beaten OSU. After seeing both FAU and Troy play UNT I would have thought no way that that can happen, but Schnelly is the difference maker.

FAU was 3rd in the nation in turnover margin?! Doesn't that usually signal that a team that just barely won the conference might have over-achieved a little?

Granted, turning us over has been something FAU has specialized in in their last 2 trips to Fouts....maybe the karma swings back the other direction this year?