Happy Memorial Day....thank You To Our Veterans

To our Veterans,

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your resolve to answer the call, regardless of the duties and tasks asked of you.

And know that there still is a majority out here who still remembers and fully understands that FREEDOM isn't FREE, that it has been bought and paid for with your Blood, Sweat and Tears.

God Bless the U.S.A.....Home of the FREE, because of the Brave.

Rick

To our Veterans,

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your resolve to answer the call, regardless of the duties and tasks asked of you.

And know that there still is a majority out here who still remembers and fully understands that FREEDOM isn't FREE, that it has been bought and paid for with your Blood, Sweat and Tears.

Rick

Amen to that Rick. I'm glad I was able to serve, in my very small way, but let's all remember what tomorrow really honors: those who made the ultimate sacrifice. We owe them and their families our heartfelt gratitude.

From the BCP 1979:

Almighty God, we commend to your gracious care and keeping all the men and women of our armed forces at home and abroad. Defend them day by day with your heavenly grace; strengthen them in their trials and temptations; give them courage to face the perils which beset them; and grant them a sense of your abiding presence wherever they may be; through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.

Thanks to all who have served our country, especially to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

On a sad note, I just returned from a Memorial Day trip to our beach house on the coast and was saddened at how few people in our neighborhood ignore flying the American Flag on this special day. On our street alone, only my house and two others are displaying the flag today. That's three out of 14-15 homes on our block. Maybe it's just me..................having served I could be too patriotic. :(

Guest GrayEagleOne

In my lifetime there have been more than a half-million men and women who have died in the service of our country out of about 25 million veterans. Indeed, freedom is not free.

My prayers go out to the families of all who have paid the supreme sacrafice.

I'd say this is one non-football thread that does not deserve to be moved. It's sad that the we live in a world that superimposes the motives/intentions of our leaders on our troops. Although the majority of Americans look at this day as an excuse to miss work and get drunk(and I'll be enjoying both of these perks) I need look no further than my grandfather to understand how important this day really is.

To our Veterans,

Rick

Great words. Thank you so much to those who gave their service to this country and the families who supported them.

It is the

VETERAN,

not the preacher,

who has

given us freedom of religion.

It is the

VETERAN,

not the reporter,

who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the

VETERAN,

not the poet,

who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the

VETERAN,

not the campus organizer,

who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the

VETERAN,

not the lawyer,

who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the

VETERAN,

not the politician,

Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the

VETERAN

who

salutes the Flag,