Is Brett Vito Gone From The Drc?

UNTLifer

I still see the Stewie Griffin look-alike around Denton all the time.

I wish Brett the best. I know we liked to be critical of his articles, but he always took the time to respond to the emails I sent in and shared a lot of information that never made the papers. I hope he moves on to bigger and better and remains a fan of the Mean Green.

I like Brett and think he does a good job. Even though we are in a major market (the Metroplex)....the D-RC is not a big market paper.

We get a lot of info from his blog....which he seems to update a lot more often than the FW paper does theirs.

So, slam me if you want...I don't care. Kudos to Brett Vito. Keep up the good work.

Edited by SUMG

I like Brett and think he does a good job. Even though we are in a major market (the Metroplex)....the D-RC is not a big market paper.

We get a lot of info from his blog....which he seems to update a lot more often than the FW paper does theirs.

So, slam me if you want...I don't care. Kudos to Brett Vito. Keep up the good work.

I too like his blog. I do wish we carried more weight with the Metroplex media in general. Here is Brett's blog reply to rumors of his demise.......

Yea, I'm still here

A computer malfunction this morning took down the Mean Green Blog, causing some wild rumors of my untimely demise.

No, I was not fired. I did not land another job or quit the paper.

It was kind of odd that the blog reverted back to one of the few entries I did not write. Go figure.

The blog is back up and running now, thanks to some computer geniuses at the DRC and downtown at The Dallas Morning News.

I will have some stuff later, but I did pick up one tidbit today that I don't mind throwing out early in the day. New UNT head women's basketball coach Shanice Stephens will be back in town next week, when she is expected to interview several candidates to become assistant coaches on her staff. She is back in South Carolina this week preparing to move her family to Denton.

Posted by Brett Vito at 4:19 PM

I wish half of you knuckle-heads could know what it's like to have your opinions and daily work scrutinized by the public....Like him or not Brett Vito does quality work. He goes out of his way to find out info on the programs at UNT and bring it to us in a timely manner. Does he ruffle the feathers of some of the coaches at times by going after what needs to be known? Yes. At least he is doing more than some "insiders", which shall not be named, with our local pro teams that do nothing but spin control and hold back information from the media when it is their responsibilty to divulge it.

Edited by Green Guy Bass