Unt Ex Umar Muhammad On No Voodoo

NTEdgex2

Attended the Desperados game last night following the great Spring Game (got a double dose of football!) and saw that former Mean Green DE Umar Muhammad is a FB/LB for the VooDoo. Great to see another NT alum in the pros. Muhammad and Desperado Josh White did a lot of jawin' and shovin' in a great game. Muhammad was a senior in '99 and has been in the AFL since 2000. Info from the VooDoo website:

Tallied 151 tackles and 19.5 sacks in 31 games as a defensive end at North Texas...Named first-team All-Big West Conference in 1999 following his senior season...Led the team in sacks (7) his junior season in 1998...Transferred from the University of New Mexico after freshman season...He led the Lobos in sacks with six while playing nose guard...Majored in social work at North Texas.

GMG!

Great to see another NT alum in the pros

Can you really say this about Arena Football???

I know Arena is "professional" football, but can you really go up to someone and say, "I am really excited about that NT player in the pros!" knowing you are talking about the Voodoo, and not be a little embarrassed...you know the other guy is thinking NFL...you are just asking to get NT made fun of.

Don't get me wrong, not everyone can play in the AFL, but when you say "the pros" aren't you insinuating the NFL?

I know Arena is "professional" football, but can you really go up to someone and say, "I am really excited about that NT player in the pros!" knowing you are talking about the Voodoo, and not be a little embarrassed...you know the other guy is thinking NFL...you are just asking to get NT made fun of.

Don't get me wrong, not everyone can play in the AFL, but when you say "the pros" aren't you insinuating the NFL?

Chris Sanders and Jamaar Toombs think that you can go to hell for that statement.

Clint Stoerner just nodded knowingly as he gave Quincy Carter a hug.

Sounds like someone's been drinking some HATER AIDE there BIG DAWG... These guys are on NBC and FOX , and the average player salary is about $85,000 , with several players making over 6 figures.

I guess that's not "professional" enough :rolleyes:

All I know is I paid to see him play, and he's getting paid to play. AfL gives players another opportunity to continue. I just thought it was good to see a UNT alum.

GMG!

Edited by NTEdgex2