Football Practice Notes - Tuesday

MeanGreen61

April 1, 2008

Football notes, where are they now?

I went by football practice today, but before we get to the notes of the day, the guys over in sports information gave me this note that I found interesting.

Remember former UNT head tennis coach Dawna Prevette? She is a head coach again. This time at Penn State. Seriously.

Prevette had some good campaigns in her six-year tenure with the Mean Green before resigning. She ended up at Baylor as an assistant coach for one season and then landed another head coaching job, this time in the big time.

I wonder if Penn State might hire Darrell Dickey if Jo Pa hangs it up?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

And now for some football notes ...

Wide receiver B.J. Lewis caught a touchdown pass in team drills and looked good throughout the day.

Defensive end Eddrick Gilmore continues to look impressive. He zipped right past some of UNT's offensive linemen in pass rush drills and had a sack in team drills at the end of practice.

Tackle Matthew Menard worked in pass rush drills and appears to be back nearly at full strength. UNT could use him with the way its line has struggled at times with being shorthanded.

Cornerback Antoine Bush had a good day. He broke up a pass intended for Sam Roberson and had another nice pass breakup later on.

Wide receiver Greg Brown caught a touchdown pass while working with the third team offense.

UNT worked on specific situations during the late stages of practice. The Mean Green's offense began drives at its 1-yard line and the defense's 5-yard line going into the end zone.

Defensive coordinator Gary DeLoach is putting in the Mean Green's redzone defense this week, which could help UNT improve in an area it has struggled with throughout spring workouts.

Post your thoughts on the blog. Who do you think has made the biggest impression thus far in spring practice?

vizza has to be the one of the most advanced young qbs I have seen in a long time. he has complete command of this offense.

gilmore and miller have been beasts as well as toby. bush has been the best db on the field.

casey and dibrell look really good. roberson still needs work on technique but he catches the fly route well.

we have better return men for sure on punts and kick returns.

deloach is a stud. great emotion that he has and his players respond to that.

Edited by nautique

vizza has to be the one of the most advanced young qbs I have seen in a long time. he has complete command of this offense.

gilmore and miller have been beasts as well as toby. bush has been the best db on the field.

casey and dibrell look really good. roberson still needs work on technique but he catches the fly route well.

we have better return men for sure on punts and kick returns.

deloach is a stud. great emotion that he has and his players respond to that.

If Horton is as good as advertised Gilmore will only get better , thus helping my predection that Eddrick Gilmore will be the next MEAN GREEN player to be drafted

If Fentriss can come back healthy and Fitz commanding the opponents best corner and/or double teamed all Roberson needs to do is catch the fly route

Who's been returning kicks ?

wow what a crack journalist, he is about 9 months late on the Dawna hire at Penn State.

At least we got some notes on practice.

Yea, really.....it's like Vito's not even paying attention to what our previous womens 2nd tier sport coaches are up to these days. What does this guy do with his time?

Some of the players I have spoke to think Roberson is the best WR on the team. I thought that was interesting when I heard that.

A lot of people though he was the most talented of the 7 receiver class we had last year. Had he played 5a instead of 2a in high school I doubt he would have been red-shirted but that is a pretty big jump I expect a big impact from him this year.

A lot of people though he was the most talented of the 7 receiver class we had last year. Had he played 5a instead of 2a in high school I doubt he would have been red-shirted but that is a pretty big jump I expect a big impact from him this year.

Yes, of all the new receivers I am looking forward to seeing Roberson and King.

Roberson is a freak athlete.. He was in my PE class, and played basketball with a bunch of us, he could do 360 windmill dunks, and literally jumped over one kid to dunk and win the game once.. If he works on his fundamentals, he could dominate the sun belt, he has the size and athleticism