Softball Girls Defeat Texas Tech

It was a great game. There was a decent sized crowd even with the time change. We should have a highlight reel up on the NTTV Sports blog sometime later tonight (Tuesday).

The official Tech site says they lost because the ladies were jet-lagged from their trip to Hawaii.

http://texastech.cstv.com/sports/w-softbl/.../031708aaa.html

Edited by HMNSHLD

The Red Raiders did not show signs of fatigue early on as they made quick of UNT in the first. The Mean Green landed the first blow in the contest in the bottom of the second with a home run that squeezed just inside the left field foul poll. Tech's Ashly Jacobs came back strong from the long ball, retiring 11 of the next 12 hitters she faced and keeping UNT's offense off balance.

Tech finally responded to take a 2-1 lead in the top of the fifth when Devin Zaragoza smacked a two-run, two-out single to right to bring in Robyn Wike and Jennifer Bowers. The Red Raiders struck again in the sixth.

You gotta watch out for that Jet Lag in the bottom of the final inning. :rolleyes:

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

Being 2 of the 3 games were rained out, I guess it is lucky for Tech that they will now have time to get over their jet lag. No one will ever know how much the travel played a part in the game, but it was rather strange scheduling by Tech; a three game series a day after a tournament in Hawaii.

I guess a win over Tech nearly makes up for a loss to TWU.

I guess a win over Tech nearly makes up for a loss to TWU.

Although I love anytime we can whack a Big 12 team... nothing can make up for a loss to our cross town rivals!

Maybe we had jet lag against the Pioneers. ;)

Guest GrayEagleOne

A question for those that follow softball....why is Ashley Lail not playing this year? She's supposed to be a good pitcher. She's from Fort Worth and played her freshman year at Centenary.