Cbi Field

CMJ

I know the CBI was gonna try and keep schools regionally close to make travel easy for at least the 1st round. I read that a week or so ago. So maybe Utah vs Washington? That wouldn't be TOO bad travel wise.

from Salt Lake Tribune:

Utes Will Play in CBI -- Only Mystery Is Where

Coach Jim Boylen just told me the Utes are definitely in the College Basketball Invitational, they're just waiting to hear who they're playing, and where.

"We'll play anybody, anywhere, any time," Boylen said.

Boylen said he had heard that the Utes would be matched against Seton Hall, but also that it might be Nevada or UTEP. We'll have more details probably within the hour. Meanwhile, the Utes plan to have a short practice tonight, to shoot a bit and "walk through some things," Boylen said.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradley is definitely in. From the Seattle paper......announcing UW's invite:

UW in CBI and likely to host Wednesday

Posted by Bob Condotta

That's the word from UW, that the Huskies have been invited. But there is no official word yet on the field itself.

We should know in the next half-hour or so who the Huskies will host on Wednesday and the rest of the field so I'll pass that along as soon as it comes.

Here's a link to the bracket, which should soon be filled.

UPDATE --- The Sonics have a home game with Phoenix on Wednesday night scheduled for telecast on FSN-Northwest, so there might not be local TV for this game unless it's at an unusual start time.

UPDATED UPATE --- As of 8:20, still no word on an opponent for the Huskies, or an official CBI field. However, we're told UW did practice today already in anticipation of a bid. Jon Brockman, still ailing with a sprained ankle, did not practice.

MORE ON THE FIELD --- Other teams that will play in the CBI are Virginia, Houston, Utah and Bradley, and apparently Alabama. So there will be some big names.

Houston needs an opponent :) , I'm guessing they asked New Mexico State for that game , next will Texas Tech then maybe Us. A team like Northern Arizona (19-11) could also be in the mix. I"m not sure if they would want to re-match up conference foes , someone like a UTEP or Tulsa

Edited by NT03

Bama's coach musta changed their AD's mind. I have to go find those articles where he said they weren't going so you don't think I'm making it up. :ph34r:

No I read those too , but the ones who said they wouldnt were just sports writers speculating

Cincinatti is definitely in. According to the article I read they will play either Virginia or Penn State. Penn State getting in would be irritating considering they have a losing record - but reading between the lines they must be in also. Only adding Cincy till I have verification on PSU.

It may not be totally settled YET. Look at this from the Tulsa paper....and read the comments from some posters there. There must be 8-10 other teams mentioned as being in.

I think our list is much more accurate....but here's what these nitwits say (or should I say cbiwits):

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.asp...6_2__Tulsa47445

Seems to be trickling in team by team with no brackets.

Here is what I've been able to find so far.

Houston

Virginia

Ohio

Brown

Utah

Washington

Cincinatti

UTEP

Bradley

Richmond

Nevada

Tulsa

Seton Hall

UNC Wilmington

IUPUI

Rider

so i'm guessing the games will be set up something like:

utep (tx) at nevada (nv)

ohio (oh) at cincinnati (oh)

iupui (in) at bradley (il)

utah (ut) at washington (wa)

tulsa (ok) at houston (tx)

rider (nj) at seton hall (nj)

richmond (va) at virginia (va)

leftovers - brown (ri) and unc wilmington (nc)

brown kind of messes things up, but unc wilmington could play either virginia or richmond and teams could shift north or you could just have one purely non-regional match-up