Shorter, '08 And Spring Schedule

Harry

<H3 class=entry-header>Shorter, schedule, other tidbits</H3>I have been in meetings most of the afternoon, but I have a couple of tidbits to pass along. The head coach at Lake Highlands has confirmed that John Shorter has switched his commitment from UNT to Tulsa. UNT is now sitting at 25 commitments heading into signing day tomorrow.

UNT has also finalized its non-conference schedule.

The Mean Green will open the season at Kansas State on Aug. 30 before hosting Tulsa on Sept. 6. UNT will then travel to LSU on Sept. 13 before an off week. UNT will travel to Rice on Sept.27.

UNT is set to play Arkansas State on the weekend of Thanksgiving, but is trying to move that game. That weekend is brutal for attendance.

The Mean Green has also set its spring practice schedule. UNT will practice on March 6, 7, 10, 11 and 13 before taking spring break off. The Mean Green will then work out on March 25 and 27 before scrimmaging on the 28th. Practice will pick up again on April 1 and 2 before a scrimmage on the 4th. The last two practices of the spring will be on April 8 and 10 before the Spring Game at 2 p.m. on the 12th at Fouts Field.

http://meangreen.beloblog.com/

UNT is set to play Arkansas State on the weekend of Thanksgiving, but is trying to move that game. That weekend is brutal for attendance.

How can that be? I've been told time and again that the students are close enough to Denton to have the game mandatory for them. Attendance should be fine if you force the students to return to Denton before their break is over.

How can that be? I've been told time and again that the students are close enough to Denton to have the game mandatory for them. Attendance should be fine if you force the students to return to Denton before their break is over.

How do you force students to return before the break is over? Pay them?

it doesn't matter how many times you say that on this board, people will still come up with a way to make it a marketing problem.

I think you're absoultely right, however.

It is funny, I lived with hardcore music performance majors all through college, that was a wierd and fun house that we lived in by the way....

But anyway, freshman year I was the only one that went to any football games, sophmore year we started winning, we won the belt, and myself and two of the three musicians were there with me tearing down the goalposts! not the most mature thing but one of my favorite memories of college was carrying part of that goalpost through campus, stopping at the admin building to sing the fight song and the alma mata, and the continuing to fry st! Lou was awesome that day!

My point is that even though this is concidered a Music School by many outsiders, even though many here at this wonderful school think that we can't be a school in the normal college sense of the word.... when we were winning, i got the musicians, those that make the reputation that we all think is overblown...... i got the musicians to go to the game, and they carried those goal posts with me...with us...and they were proud. and i was proud! I am proud.

Winning will create school spirit, it asways does. everyone loves being part of a winner.

SO does anyone know what happened with Shorter. Every thing said he switched yesterday and now we've got a LOI. Were the reports wrong, did Todge make a final push, did he decide to stay closer to home? If anyone knows please share.

The reports were obviously right, but I do not know what exactly made him change his mind. But as Lifer noted, he's definitely got a sharp one.